Cardiff match thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people think we have a god given right to beat these teams we may have looked down our noses at in seasons gone by. I am merely saying that you benchmark your team by their results and if we can't get a point let alone 3 at Ninian Park then we are shit. Simple really.

I also hope HF that you aren't including me in the comment about us being grwat one minute and uselss the next. I have thought we have been pretty useless all season.

DurhamFox said:
I don't think people think we have a god given right to beat these teams we may have looked down our noses at in seasons gone by. I am merely saying that you benchmark your team by their results and if we can't get a point let alone 3 at Ninian Park then we are shit. Simple really.

I also hope HF that you aren't including me in the comment about us being grwat one minute and uselss the next. I have thought we have been pretty useless all season.

I wasn't including you about us being grwat.However if your 'Benchmark' philosophy is correct then if we beat Wolves then does that make us Promotion Candidates.I won't judge how we are progressing by whom we beat but I will on the evidence that we are very inconsistent at the moment.From what I can gather we can't string 20 minutes of consistency together let alone 2 matches.At the moment we aren't good enough agreed but the Cloud of Depression hanging over this Forum today is way too much IMO.
And I'm supposed to be the miserable bastard on here....

No wonder Homer fecked off...he had the right idea.

Last edited:
highland fox said:
Cheery Feckers today aren't we? I'll take the 'Levein Out' Thread will be started this afternoon.Monday Morning half of you thought we were wonderful now we are the biggest pile of shite in the League.If you want CL out then come out and say it.Some peoples idea of giving him time extends to 8 matches,last season he had to make do with MA's cast-offs now this is his team now and while they are hardly setting the World alight it is early days,we are not the only team under performing.Some of you really do need to realise that we no longer have a god given right to beat anybody anymore be it Cardiff,Crewe or Brighton.The smell of Doom on here today is overpowering.If we beat Wolves some will no doubt think the sun shines out of CL's arse ..

You've misread me or taken me out of context then. I was only saying that there are problems and they need to be addressed. I am just a little concerned that they haven't been yet. I don't want Levein out, but I would like him to stop making the same mistakes repeatedly.

5th best budget demands a better league position. You must agree with that Highland?!?!? If now isn't the time to be pushing, then when will it be? Surely not when another 3 million is slashed off the wage bill. We are underacheiving and like it or not, motivation and tactics are part of Craig Leveins job. As such, we need to be getting the simple things right...at the moment we aren't!!! Last nights goal was surprise surpise a header from a corner. Come on, something needs to be looked at and addressed soon.

highland fox said:
No wonder Homer fecked off...

Everyone has their own opinions Highlander. Remember, a lot of us spend our Saturday afternoons watching this crap. We at least have the right to comment on it. I agree with Alex - we are useless at the minute, still won't stop me spending large pots of cash and time on the usless buggers though.

SilverFox said:
You've misread me or taken me out of context then. I was only saying that there are problems and they need to be addressed. I am just a little concerned that they haven't been yet. I don't want Levein out, but I would like him to stop making the same mistakes repeatedly.

5th best budget demands a better league position. You must agree with that Highland?!?!? If now isn't the time to be pushing, then when will it be? Surely not when another 3 million is slashed off the wage bill. We are underacheiving and like it or not, motivation and tactics are part of Craig Leveins job. As such, we need to be getting the simple things right...at the moment we aren't!!! Last nights goal was surprise surpise a header from a corner. Come on, something needs to be looked at and addressed soon.

.....replace that word with 'now' and spot on again silver.

highland fox said:
No wonder Homer fecked off...he had the right idea.

because he couldn't handle a different opinion?!?!? Is that not the nature of forums?;)

Come on Highland, I'm not doom and gloom after every loss, and I don't come out stating that we are going to win the league after every win...

But on this occassion, I feel the same old record is getting boring. We need to remedy some problems in the team, and on this occassion those issues happen to be IMO tactical. It just so happens that the manager is in charge of tactics. I'm not having a go at him or asking for his head. I just think he should be working on fixing the problems that have persisted for a while now. People on here need to differentiate between criticism in a constructive sense and witch hunting.

DurhamFox said:
Everyone has their own opinions Highlander. Remember, a lot of us spend our Saturday afternoons watching this crap. We at least have the right to comment on it. I agree with Alex - we are useless at the minute, still won't stop me spending large pots of cash and time on the usless buggers though.

I take it that was a 'Dig' at those of us unfortunate enough to live far enough away that we are unable to go to matches...can't argue with that really can I?
Everyone 'has' the right to comment on it of course but the despondancey over and over again does become a bit much.I am only to trying to be positive in a time of adversity...

highland fox said:
I take it that was a 'Dig' at those of us unfortunate enough to live far enough away that we are unable to go to matches...can't argue with that really can I?
Everyone 'has' the right to comment on it of course but the despondancey over and over again does become a bit much.I am only to trying to be positive in a time of adversity...

It wasn't a dig at all, I certainly didn't mean it to be anyway. Your positivity is admirable but don't have ago at us for being despondant about losing to Cardiff.

Remember, I know how it feels to live hundreds of miles from the action! I wouldn't be so cruel as to mock people for that.

Last edited:
highland fox said:

Which is fair enough, but there is being positive, and there is ignoring the problems. The ostrich formation rarely works, we can't bury our heads and pretend that we don't have problems. They need to be addressed sooner or later. I'm an optimist too! Thats why I want to cut out the silly errors and kick on from here!

I don't think anyone wants Levein out at the minute, and if they do then they're a fool.

We have problems and things need to change if we're to improve on last season, but I think most of us would agree that Levein is capable of sorting things out, it's just not going well for us at the moment.

I'm not calling for CL's head at all, no way, however at the same time I am unhappy about the start...Cannot believe many wouldn't be!

DurhamFox said:
It wasn't a dig at all, I certainly didn't mean it to be anyway. Your positivity is admirable but don't have ago at us for being despondant about losing to Cardiff.

But I'm not having go at you for that honestly,it's just that the same criticism,negative comment over and over again? I'm as despondant as the next man believe me.However I've supported this Shower of Shit for 30 odd years now and I've known times a lot worse than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669