Carlisle - 13th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one's ever argued about it being a close thing. But given the choice between having to hurry back to the station for the last train, staying the night or going by coach, I'm sure some people would have chosen the first option, until the police decided to intervene.

Taxi? :icon_wink

I've just been speaking to the Football Liaison Officer up there. Apparently there is no definite intention to keep City fans back at the end of the game. Such action is taken very rarely at Carlisle and only in response to specific information or as a reaction to the behaviour of fans earlier in the day.

He says that at the moment there is no reason to believe that we will be kept back and that the announcement re travel was made in good faith and in the hope that fans would fully consider their travel options.

Its ok him saying that in December on a bitterly cold Wednesday but would he say it on a mild Saturday in December with just a light wind blowing from the west ?

It was cold and raining when I did it.

As I said at the time, I could have gone faster if necessary, I walked at a reasonably brisk pace but without trying too hard.

Yes yes Webbo thats all well and good but were you wearing training shoes or normal footwear? Were you in loose fitting trousers or tight slacks? These factors could both contribute to your time span being slightly longer.May i suggest all fans walking back to the station wear a hat or cap to cut down on wind resistance thus ensuring a quicker journey

Curiouser and curiouser

It looks as though both Carlisle United and the local police would like us to be able to catch that 5:15 train - and look where the finger points now:

http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10361~1476245,00.html
Following liaison with officials from the Cumbria Constabulary recently it became apparent that there might be a problem for those visiting Leicester City fans on Saturday 13 December who decide to make their journey to Carlisle by train.

The last departure time from Carlisle station that evening, to take the away fans home, is 5-15pm, just 20 to 25 minutes after the full time whistle will have blown in our League One fixture.

With an estimated 750 to 1000 Foxes fans expected to make the trip north, we raised concerns that we may find a situation whereby some supporters may miss the outward bound journey simply because of the tight timescales involved.

Managing Director John Nixon explained: "We clarified the situation with regards to the timing of the train departure after the game and it quickly became apparent that there was no possibility of a later train journey.

"Our next option was to move the kick off timing forward, and the Police agreed that this was acceptable. However, Leicester City have informed us that they would prefer not to do that, so the kick off timing for this fixture remains at 3pm."

Why would it be a problem to kick off at 2.30pm and give the fans the extra bit of time they need? I'm getting sick and tired with what is supposed to be 'our club' treating it's loyal fans with very little respect.

1000 people making the 200 mile + trip so close to Christmas is a seriously good effort IMO, and those who choose to go by train have been severely shit on by their own club. Wankers!

Why would it be a problem to kick off at 2.30pm and give the fans the extra bit of time they need? I'm getting sick and tired with what is supposed to be 'our club' treating it's loyal fans with very little respect.

1000 people making the 200 mile + trip so close to Christmas is a seriously good effort IMO, and those who choose to go by train have been severely shit on by their own club. Wankers!

No need to respect the fans when the leaders of the so-called fans' organisations are happy to lick the arse of the club and fail to take them to task on matters like this.

Have to agree, I think this is one of the few games where fans would benefit with an earlier kick-off.

Re: Curiouser and curiouser

It looks as though both Carlisle United and the local police would like us to be able to catch that 5:15 train - and look where the finger points now:

http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10361~1476245,00.html

It seems I was wrong about the Cumbria police; both they and Carlisle appear to have offered to do the decent thing, but our club has decided otherwise. Just 15 mins was all that was required.
All sing along to Chelsea Dagger when I press the button..
:041:

well done Leicester City Football Club, once again a shining example of how customer service in many places being a crock of shite. at least I know there's ten people who wont struggle to catch their train :)

Feck sake!

If it kicks off half hour earlier I can get at least two free drinks in at the works Christmas do!

Strange, that they'll do it for a home game but not an away game where it would make a great deal of sense to do so!

Nice to see the club care about the fans who travel away to watch them......

Last edited:
They only do it at home so we do not inconvenience the egg chasers. Thats just a freemason thing.

well done Leicester City Football Club, once again a shining example of how customer service in many places being a crock of shite. at least I know there's ten people who wont struggle to catch their train :)

My train is about half 6ish, Weatherspoons after the game Fitz?:icon_wink

My train is about half 6ish, Weatherspoons after the game Fitz?:icon_wink

on 'big' games they don't allow away fans in there, but as there's probably going to be about 50 braving the journey then it could be fine. otherwise the one opposite is the designated shithole

may try the Howard RS depending on what time we arrive in Carlisle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566