Carlisle - 13th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1470282,00.html

Police want to keep City fans in ground and advise them not to use the train.
Un-be-effing-lievable!!!

Twats. Why wait until now after many people will have bought their train tickets?

By doing this the police are risking Leicester fans being stranded in Carlisle overnight. What they should do is arrange for those with train tickets to be given lifts back to the station to make sure they get away safely.

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1470282,00.html

Police want to keep City fans in ground and advise them not to use the train.
Un-be-effing-lievable!!!

The Police have a responsibility to ensure safety. With a large away following expected and limited flows of egress from the ground, I am not surprised to hear that they might want to keep away fans back at the end of the game.

I don't see that the police advising fans not to use the train; we are only that it will be impractical to do so and that there is no real indication that this advice has come from the police. Knowing the police as I do, I would expect them to be keen to get away fans out of the area as soon as possible and I am sure they would be happier if there was a train that City fans could catch.

Twats. Why wait until now after many people will have bought their train tickets?

By doing this the police are risking Leicester fans being stranded in Carlisle overnight. What they should do is arrange for those with train tickets to be given lifts back to the station to make sure they get away safely.

I am in agreement that this should have been advised some time ago; we have been talking about the problems for weeks - why not the clubs?

I think your suggestion that fans with train tickets should be bussed to the station is an interesting one; I'm not sure though whether there would be enough time for fans to be held back and then driven to the station in time to safely connect with the train. If I were a fan with a train-ticket, I would certainly be writing to both clubs, pointing out how late this advice has come and suggesting that such transport is arranged.

Personally, I don't think that train travel has ever been a viable proposition for this match and I have tried to make this clear throughout.

I think your suggestion that fans with train tickets should be bussed to the station is an interesting one; I'm not sure though whether there would be enough time for fans to be held back and then driven to the station in time to safely connect with the train.

I can't imagine there will be a huge number of fans who need to catch that train, so getting them there in time shouldn't be too difficult, even if it means taking them in a police van.

The police have probably decided to do this based on what happened when Leeds played at Carlisle last season. All the local hooligans came out of the woodwork for the game and there were loads of problems. They might think another 'big' club visiting will have a similar effect. I doubt it though, Leicester aren't Leeds.

No, you hear them booking with Fox Travel or a room in the Travelodge or Premier Inn near the ground.

Nice money spinner for the clubs then.

Not if it puts people off going.

I wouldn't be keen on doing the trip by coach knowing I could have to sit near Bernie for five+ hours each way.

Could be worse, but luckily HF stopped going years ago.

Not if it puts people off going.

I wouldn't be keen on doing the trip by coach knowing I could have to sit near Bernie for five+ hours each way.

Exactly. If the Fox Travel coaches had some leg room and didn't stink I'd be more than happy to use them. But they don't, and they do, so I'm not.

Glasgow here I come...

Didn't Scunthorpe lay on some coaches for the fans to get back to the station?

A similar gesture would be nice methinks.

Yeah they had free buses to the ground before the game and from it after. They'd still need to be fairly rapid to get there in time after we've been held back. I'd be surprised if anyone planning to go by train was intending to see the game out anyway.

Why bother going if you are gonna miss the last 5-10mins?
That's when all the action happens!

Exactly. This is a practice that irritates me no end. If you haven't got time to stay for the whole game, omit the game from your schedule entirely. You obviously don't have time to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566