Celebration Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtonfox

0,,10274~5764284,00.jpg

Celebration Time!

Posted on: Tue 21 Apr 2009
Supporters attending Friday night's League One fixture against Scunthorpe United at the Walkers Stadium will be able to join in with the title winning celebrations.

The Foxes will be presented with the League One trophy following the game - but there will be plenty of other events taking place on the night to mark the prestigious occasion.

Supporters are urged to arrive at the stadium early to take in everything that is on offer. There will be a huge video screen based outside the City Megastore to greet supporters which will contain messages from Chairman Milan Mandaric, Manager Nigel Pearson and Club Ambassador Alan Birchenall - while the club will also be unveiling their new 2009-11 home kit on the screen on the night - as modelled by Steve Howard, Max Gradel and Matt Oakley.

Face painters will also be on hand to help the kids to look the part - while there will be beach balls dotted around the inside of the stadium to add to the occasion.

The Birch will be setting off on his 29th annual charity run in aid of The Special Olympics, The NHS Trust and Everyman at 6pm - and fans will no doubt be keen to give him all the encouragement they can from the terraces.

The match will then kick off at 7:45pm - with Leicester looking to continue their impressive run of form that has seen them record victories in their previous three fixtures.

The Birch will be getting up off the treatment table at half time to host a Legends 'Hit The Crossbar' challenge - with a number of famous faces already confirmed.

Supporters are asked not to encroach on the playing surface at the end of the game. Following the final whistle, the players will exit the pitch to the dressing room before coming back out again to receive the trophy - in front of a fantastic pyrotechnic display.

The players and staff will then do a lap of honour around the pitch to end the evening and show their thanks to the fans for the support that they have shown throughout the campaign.

Wonder if that miserable git Brown Nose will be there?

That sounds quite impressive. The more I think about it the more I'd like to go. Anybody have any ideas if you can buy a ticket on the night?

They're expecting it to be sold out before then.

Just to add they have also removed the online facility due to the amount of tickets remaining.

The latest story on the OS suggests there are only 2500 tickets left.

Wonder if that miserable git Brown Nose will be there?

:038:

I was just reading the first post from notNew and thinking:

"Fecking pyrotechnics my arse, as soon as the final whistle goes, I'm off."

Then I read your post.

I think I may well be the most miserable fecker in Leicester. If I wasn't always right, I might feel a tad embarrassed.

They haven't mentioned Rocking All Over the World and Simply the Best but, sadly, you know they will feature heavily in the glorious celebrations

Yup. Am quite looking forward to it tbh. My mate from Switzerland who came over for Easter decided he's coming back for this one, and finally managed to get himself a ticket sometime yesterday, He's trying to change it from K block to L1 but I told him not to worry, he can get in there no probs!

Simply the Best

feck, as if i wasn't gutted enough to be missing the match....could someone record it for me when that classic is blaring?

my celebration time will be when i am out on the piss in Crewe, as I have to miss this one as its my feckin leaving party for work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566