chelsea real post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post Boys...

Live in the States so don't get to see City much but keep up with them as much as anyone and you lot of helped, so thanks for that!

What a stunning performance...I was refreshing the Mercury page every 3 seconds...

Inevitable in the end. Quality players like Lampard and Schevchenko will always hurt you. That being said we should take great pride in pushing a team of that quality as far as we did. Now if we could just ever ever reproduce that form in the Championship we might actually get out of it in the direction we hope.

Kenton for England, surely he could keep Gerrard and Barry out of the side!!!

Take a look at how many times the Prem top 4 score vital goals in the last 5-10 mins of games.It's all about having players who can be creative & carve open a defence when it matters most.We don't have players like that.
Face it we were all thinking we were going to get battered before the game

I'm not saying they don't deserve credit they did fantastic, but the feeling that stands out more for me is that they threw it away.
Funny old game.

proud of the lads:038: but really gutted it was a last minute jobby that sent us out:frown:but well played

Bolton lost.
Anybody see the bolton player trudging off,only to be sent back to acknowledge the fans by Megson.Didnt look happy :icon_bigg

Last edited:
First post Boys...

Live in the States so don't get to see City much but keep up with them as much as anyone and you lot of helped, so thanks for that!

What a stunning performance...I was refreshing the Mercury page every 3 seconds...

Inevitable in the end. Quality players like Lampard and Schevchenko will always hurt you. That being said we should take great pride in pushing a team of that quality as far as we did. Now if we could just ever ever reproduce that form in the Championship we might actually get out of it in the direction we hope.

Welcome :)

I'm not saying they don't deserve credit they did fantastic, but the feeling that stands out more for me is that they threw it away.
Funny old game.
True.We was entertained tonight.Could have been so different.

Extraordinary performance. Result is irrelevant in the bigger picture.

Tonight showed that we are still capable of anything. Top drawer cup run to be fair.

Without Clemence, Hume, Wesolowski to boot.

Respect to Burrows and Taggart. It will be very interesting to see what happens on Saturday.

Virtually any other team in the world wouldn't have been upset with putting in a show at Chelsea like we did tonight. Any criticism of it is bang out of order and frankly, embarrassing.

First post Boys...

your related?
If not, you thought about doing stand up?

Tonight showed that we are still capable of anything. Top drawer cup run to be fair.

Respect to Burrows and Taggart. It will be very interesting to see what happens on Saturday.

Virtually any other team in the world wouldn't have been upset with putting in a show at Chelsea like we did tonight. Any criticism of it is bang out of order and frankly, embarrassing.

Well said BN.

Have I missed something? Who's criticising?

Trust me I recommend Kenton with tongue firmly in cheek...

That is possibly the most patchwork midfield city have played since Colin Gibson and Mark Blake lined up in the playoff final a few years back.

Any criticism like being 2-3 up with three minutes to go? :102:

Can I just clear up the fact that I am in no way criticising.
Just the underlying feeling is that we threw it away and I feel pissed off more than anything. Like I say it's a funny old game as I was expecting a double figures thrashing.

Can I just clear up the fact that I am in no way criticising.Just the underlying feeling is that we threw it away and I feel pissed off more than anything. Like I say it's a funny old game as I was expecting a double figures thrashing.

Yes you are...:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670