chelsea real post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio said Fryatt played well. True?

Not to go all FoxesTalk on you but I think we have to give Sheehan a bit of credit for his set pieces...seems like a lot of our goals come from his delivery.

just had feedback from chelsea fan who went to the game we put in areal good performance could have equallised at the death bad about considing at the end but we played against a far better side chins up for next game

Fantastic!
That's put some cats among the pigeons: what price Burrows and Taggart now as the management team?
I still don't think it's the best we can do, but I could see Milan going with it.

Not to go all FoxesTalk on you but I think we have to give Sheehan a bit of credit for his set pieces...seems like a lot of our goals come from his delivery.

i refuse to give him any credit, the lad gets far too much from foxestalk anyway. i can't wait for everyone who has been to the game tonight to log on and say we were shite, and the radio etc. were just having us on :)

Fantastic!
That's put some cats among the pigeons: what price Burrows and Taggart now as the management team?
I still don't think it's the best we can do, but I could see Milan going with it.

I hope not

unbelievable performance...and so close...who would have given us any prospect doing anything tonight with that team sheet?

All interested parties in the manager interviews this week will have a completely different perspective after that performance...chances are a few of them might have been there to witness one of our most battling performances for years...

nearly won me £300 but the real result must be a massive increase in confidence throughout the club....respect to everyone on the field and on the bench tonight....proud to be a city fan again and doesn't that feel good!:041::041::041:

Fantastic!

One of the reasons im not totally distraught we threw it away. It would have been a Mongfest on here tomorrow and we might have actually given that **** burrows the job

unbelievable performance...and so close...who would have given us any prospect doing anything tonight with that team sheet?

All interested parties in the manager interviews this week will have a completely different perspective after that performance...chances are a few of them might have been there to witness one of our most battling performances for years...

nearly won me £300 but the real result must be a massive increase in confidence throughout the club....respect to everyone on the field and on the bench tonight....proud to be a city fan again and doesn't that feel good!:041::041::041:

agreed...and yes it does :icon_bigg:038:

Yeah, great performance and all that but it shouldn't be enough to put Burrows in the job should it? I hope not, if he's that old and done basically bugger all in football as a manager I don't think he ever will.

We conceeded two goals against one of the best club sides in the world who were thowing everything they had at us to avoid the embarrasment of losing to a mid-table Championship side.

These have any meaning? :102:

So’ton (h): led 2-0, drew 2-2.
Spurs (h): led 1-0, lost 2-1.
Wolves (a): led 3-0, lost 4-3.
Ch’ton (h): led 1-0, drew 1-1.
Everton (a): led 2-1, lost 3-2.
N’castle (h): led 1-0, drew 1-1.
Bolton (a): led 1-0, drew 2-2.
Boro (a): led 3-1, drew 3-3.
Bolton (h): led 1-0, drew 1-1.
Spurs (a): led 4-3, drew 4-4.

Its not the managers that get the players geared up for the cups, its our fans. Rob Kelly's team played alright vs Villa & Fulham (x2). Before that CL vs Bolton & Spurs. Then Megson vs Villa now Burrows vs Chelsea. "The managers come and go, the fans don't."

back to the shit of the league now - we all can't wait for that. I'd probably be happy about tonights result were it not for the fact that now we are probably going to be edged out by Colchester on Saturday...

Any criticism like being 2-3 up with three minutes to go? :102:

Absolutely. Bang out of order to pick on a part of an outstanding display against a massively superior team, to spout off at. Regardless of what part.

The fact is they gave everything they had and lost to a wonder strike and a pinball goal. They don't deserve to be criticised for that. They deserve respect for the fact that they were even in the contest to lose out when they did.

One of the reasons im not totally distraught we threw it away. It would have been a Mongfest on here tomorrow and we might have actually given that **** burrows the job
Bet we still get a 'Should Burrows and Taggs Get The Job 'Poll tomorrow though:icon_lol:

Steven...

That makes for some grizzly reading my friend. I went to that Bolton game when I was home from the states...truly miserable...

TA for the reminder though, I certainly dont feel the same way about this result as some of those mentioned.

Still think this lot are 'much of a muchness', anyone ?

A truly wonderful effort :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670