Clapham Joins

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way should we let Mattock go, unless it's for stupid money of course! I dont see how selling him for say £1.5m would be good business for us at all, who for that money are we going to replace him with???? We are supposed to be trying to get into the Premiership not selling our best players. I for one would be very pissed off!!!

Obviously every player has his price. But, I think it's a fact that while we are able to sell a young promising player to Arsenal or whoever, we would find it next to impossible to acquire such a player.

If we don't have to sell for financial reasons, I think we should hang on to him in the hope that we are challenging for promotion next season. Virtually all of our existing playing staff would be out of place in the premiership in a couple of years - Mattock just might be different material.

Obviously every player has his price. But, I think it's a fact that while we are able to sell a young promising player to Arsenal or whoever, we would find it next to impossible to acquire such a player.

If we don't have to sell for financial reasons, I think we should hang on to him in the hope that we are challenging for promotion next season. Virtually all of our existing playing staff would be out of place in the premiership in a couple of years - Mattock just might be different material.

Totally agree!

Not happy-my mate who is a wolves fan says he has been shite for them in the last couple of seasons-as good as if not worse then carl cort...

Yes, i know quite a few Wolves fans as i live in the west midlands and i know for a fact he's gash! But i suppose the position we are in at the moment and the fact clubs are not keen to sell maybe he was about the best we could get :102:

always thought clapham was a decent player at birmingham but drifted off the radar as i had had no idea he played for wolves, may fit in as left wing in away matches or physical home fixtures.

Mattock will not leave tonight guaranteed.

he's shite, we're shite, seems a reasonable signing to me.

used to be good a few years back, surely he couldnt have got too bad since i last saw him. sounds a steady enough back-up player for mattock though

He used to be a decent player at Ipswich, lets hope he does well here. Nice to see a mix of experience and youth in the new signings. I haven't seen Clapham play for a years though, but he was good back then.

He needs a contract, he may well play out of his skin until August. This is a short-term solution, not a bad one necessarily IMO.

Alan Sheehan to Leeds is a cracking idea for him IMO. Let's all be happy that Joe Mattock is still a LCFC player and that his progress continues in earnest.

Ithink he will play tomorrow with Joe moving to midfield for a more "solid" away formation Zolti on stand-by if we go one down. A lot depends how well Stearman plays against Hoolahan, he is without doubt thier main threat (keep him quiet keep them quiet)

Ithink he will play tomorrow with Joe moving to midfield for a more "solid" away formation Zolti on stand-by if we go one down. A lot depends how well Stearman plays against Hoolahan, he is without doubt thier main threat (keep him quiet keep them quiet)

Why piss about with a team that are unbeaten in 3 ? Keep a settled back 4 I say

Last edited:
I think he was brought in because he was cheap,we have a small squad and he can play at the back or midfield.
Wait til homer gets his teeth into him...he'll destroy him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673