Club Investigating Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker
I fear Nigel Pearson may be banished to the stands following his verbal attack on a Leicester fan...oh wait a sec, banished to the dug-out?

Bollox to sacking Pearson best thing we can do is bin the clueless 9k or so fans we have attracted this season since storming the championship, cos none of them having any feckin idea or one iota of recognition for the job that has been done by Pearson, his back room team, the players and especially the owners and yet the lot of em are taking flak.

Bollox to sacking Pearson best thing we can do is bin the clueless 9k or so fans we have attracted this season since storming the championship, cos none of them having any feckin idea or one iota of recognition for the job that has been done by Pearson, his back room team, the players and especially the owners and yet the lot of em are taking flak.

Absolutely spot on!! I could not agree more. Hopefully this non-event will result in the fans who have been there for more than the past 4 months to getting behind Pearson and the players.

Pearson has never been given the vocal support he deserved even last season. If he foreign and made jokes they would be lining up to give him a hand job.

I'm afraid we deserve what we get in the long term as collectively we appreciate nothing.

Gosh! I thought that NP was arrogant not to take the sting out of the situation by apologising were his language to have offended anybody (NOT for defending his players); but to write off 9,000 (or so) fans!!!

Of course, Pearson should not be sacked because of the incident, but he has, un-necessarily, given a poor image of himself and the club: sad.

I am fully supportive of Nigel here. The cretin was giving it the big almighty with his disgusting abuse, yet turns all sensitive when he gets a tiny bit back. Fair play Nigel, and don't reconsider apologising, stand by your genuine feelings, the guy is a cretin.

It would appear Nigel is feeling nervous about Lester playing the Mighty Tigers.Truth is he should be pitied rather than persecuted.I along with most of the Tiger Nation hope you stick with him.

I think I know the precise date of dismissal.Mauled!

Correct, Bruce is clearly under pressure, 1 win and we could be above you, and we are ****ing shite.

All that money you spent as well

No he has not. So called abusive supporters have done that.

Have a word with yourself.

Supporters shout stuff all over the stadium at players all the time. In my earshot on Tuesday at different times, Schmeichel, De Laet, Konchesky, Morgan and Mahrez all got some form of abuse thrown in their general direction. It's part of what going to football is and to turn on one particular supporter who happened to say something pretty mediocre in that particular place and time is idiotic.

The only reason this is a story is because of what NP did, not because of the 'abusive supporter'. NP was stupid and wrong to react.

Is there a possibility that NP did this on purpose?

“Ultimately I’m not daft, it’s a results business and we have to change the trend sooner rather than later. Being at the bottom of the league is not easy for us to deal with but the good news is that the last few days have probably galvanised the feeling in the camp.”

Seige mentality and all that. Maybe it's a way of attempting to get the players to rally together aggressively. You need to create a sense of adversity to generate this.

I'm probably crediting him with more intelligence than he possesses.

I'm probably crediting him with more intelligence than he possesses.
Hmmmm. if we were talking about Ian Stringer, I'd probably agree, but personally I think you don't fully appreciate NP's attributes.
We're certainly not talking of an Ian Holloway stereotype manager

Last edited by a moderator:
We're certainly not talking of an Ian Holloway stereotype manager

Interesting because I regard NP in exactly the same boat as the likes of Holloway, Atkins, McCarthy and so on. They're very good at some things and there is nothing wrong with them most of the time. They're usually good at organising limited players and eventually getting them promoted.

They all stink out the Premier League though.

The English managers that get the Premier League are the likes of Allardyce, Pardew and Pulis. They have something that Holloway, Adkins, and Pearson don't have. They take teams up and can keep them there. They understand how to do the things the opposition aren't comfortable with.

If NPs best shot is to turn everyone inside the club against everyone outside the club and turn it into a seige mentality, that's a worthwhile plan and something that others have had success doing. It's definitely got more about it that picking a 4-4-2 and crossing your fingers which has been all I've seen over recent games. It will be interesting tomorrow to see how the players react to this plan and what sort of line up he goes with.

Whether NP has engineered this whole thing for this purpose or if he's just taken the situation and spun it in a way that could work in his favour is immaterial. It's surely his last roll of the dice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669