Club Investigating Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If NPs best shot is to turn everyone inside the club against everyone outside the club and turn it into a seige mentality, that's a worthwhile plan

Thank goodness that's not what he is doing then. How long do you think it will take you and the rest of the deluded minority to realise that you do not speak for everybody?

A hollow apology is all that is needed to put this to bed, quite simple really, allowing it to carry on this long is ridiculous.

A hollow apology is all that is needed to put this to bed, quite simple really, allowing it to carry on this long is ridiculous.

All over, as far as I'm concerned

Only idiots would continue to make anything out of it now.

All over, as far as I'm concerned

The story is being perpetuated by the media, the conjecture isn't over yet. No one likes to apologise, especially if they feel they are right, but sometimes it's required.

Having viewed and analysed the video clip of the incident a few times now, I think he's just saying "Pukka Pie?"

Is there a possibility that NP did this on purpose?

“Ultimately I’m not daft, it’s a results business and we have to change the trend sooner rather than later. Being at the bottom of the league is not easy for us to deal with but the good news is that the last few days have probably galvanised the feeling in the camp.”

Seige mentality and all that. Maybe it's a way of attempting to get the players to rally together aggressively. You need to create a sense of adversity to generate this.

I'm probably crediting him with more intelligence than he possesses.

More to the point it wasn't the worst performance of the season

To quote Pearson they did give it "a proper go". Obviously no comparison between the two sides but Morgan getting sent off generated a bit of sense of misfortune even though the decision was quite obviously correct.

Pearson can forget about an insignificant spat if they can produice a win on Sunday - that would burn off this matter.

I should think so too. If it had been a higher profile manager, he'd have been charged the next day. He should get a substantial fine and be asked to issue an apology.

He has already refused to apologise, the FA can't make him.

He has already refused to apologise, the FA can't make him.

If I were in charge of the FA it would be a £10k fine if he issues a proper apology and a £100k fine if he doesn't. Also, a stadium ban for a two or three matches suspended for the rest of the season.

If I were in charge of the FA it would be a £10k fine if he issues a proper apology and a £100k fine if he doesn't. Also, a stadium ban for a two or three matches suspended for the rest of the season.

You're impartial, of course?

What was Elleray's punishment for saying naughty things?

£100k

ridiculous, I wonder if the supporters association will fine the fan for his abuse?

Last edited:
He will not apologise, and I'm not aware that any punishments the FA can hand out would contain that stipulation. BTW, I don't think he should apologise, he'll just have to take a hit in the wallet if the FA want to continue this farago of blowing things out of all proportion. He hardly did a John Terry, did he?

What happens if someone refuses to pay the fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669