Concourse Redesign - Ideas Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be too much trouble to maybe add a few vending machines for crisps and snacks, especially in family areas. Might cut down on painful queueing time during half time etc.

Absolutely agree! It's pointless queuing up for 20 mins to buy a coke when a vending machine could have provided the same job within 20 seconds.

Also, a couple of cash points anywhere around the stadium would be good. Even if they were built into the wall at the sub ticket office - although now you can pay on card for the food, it's not such an issue.

Absolutely agree! It's pointless queuing up for 20 mins to buy a coke when a vending machine could have provided the same job within 20 seconds.

Also, a couple of cash points anywhere around the stadium would be good. Even if they were built into the wall at the sub ticket office - although now you can pay on card for the food, it's not such an issue.
There should be much more emphasis placed on a vending machine type approach. Even for hot food and beer. Why not have your season ticket card charged with cash to use or contactless payments it would be miles quicker than the johnny no stars behind the counters.

You know, it is possible for the club to do more than one thing at once.

It's to be hoped though that they'll address the real problems before wasting their time on tartery.

Personally, I'd like to see a giant picture of Barry Hales with the lyrics to "We all dream of a team of Barry Hayles" written in the style of an illuminated manuscript.

Mounted onto wooden boards.

And hung across the entrances and exits to the toilets.

Just sort the feckin' toilets out, FFS

It's an absolute sodding shambles.

The rest is just a load of old cobblers

The toilets in the good old Filbert Street days, could knock you over from twenty yards. The stench from them was truly awful. After a few pints in the Working Mens club before the game I'm sure some supporters pissed themselves rather than use them.

The toilets in the good old Filbert Street days, could knock you over from twenty yards. The stench from them was truly awful. After a few pints in the Working Mens club before the game I'm sure some supporters pissed themselves rather than use them.

Whereas now, they piss themselves whilst trying to use them.

Did you ever go to Elm Park? you could smell the ones in the away end from behind the goal.

Improve toilets - in out system
Vending machines
Vaping allowed.

Improve toilets - in out system
Vending machines
Vaping allowed.

Agree all, but no vaping thanks. No particular argument against it, but just don't think it's a crowd-friendly activity.

And yes, I did read and say 'Vaping'.

Can we PLEASE have some larger, simple electronic scoreboards? bigger TVs don't feel necessary, all you want at half time are the other scores in the PL (or championship, should we ever go down there again)

Did you ever go to Elm Park? you could smell the ones in the away end from behind the goal.

That's because they didn't have a roof. If you stood at the back of the terrace you could see right in.

What joyful lives you must have led!

Then there was the piss flowing out of the toilets at the Baseball Ground. Did anybody ever tell you about that?

And the cubicle in the DD at Filbert Street where you could sit and see people in the Kop through the gap around waste pipe. You could even piss on them, subject to satisfactory aim, if you spotted somebody you really didn't like.

The worst I've seen was MK Dons. No urinals as I believe they double up as uni-sex for concerts and so half the crowd were pissing in the sinks. It stank.

I was at York earlier this season, noticed that there was just a low chain segregating home urinals from away. A collective disgust at the state of them prevented any trouble though...

I was at York earlier this season, noticed that there was just a low chain segregating home urinals from away

God help us all if spion finds out about this.

35 years ago, I went to see Ipswich play West Brom at Highbury with my father and some of his friends. One of whom was a respected GP in Suffolk.

He wasn't expecting a complete stranger to piss in his pocket and down his leg. But it happened.

It still makes me laugh. Probably because he was such a lovely bloke and it was so undeserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669