Concourse Redesign - Ideas Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst I've seen was MK Dons. No urinals as I believe they double up as uni-sex for concerts and so half the crowd were pissing in the sinks. It stank.

Or you rather shamefully drag your mock lame leg past the queue and stewards to use the disabled cubicle.

I'd like to see the lyrics of "when you're smiling" on the wall - maybe with some sort of artistic twist - i.e., written in graffiti (queue:uproar from Gwilliam!) Or something along those lines - maybe not graffiti...any suggestions?

"Uproar" - surely uproar is more Mr Chilli's forte. I have never criticised the song "When You're Smiling" There are good versions by Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Perry Como. All three had talent and style whereas Mr Jersey Budd has no talent and as little style as me.

There seems to be no connection between Leicester City and "When You're Smiling" If you want a Leicester City anthem surely "Heroes In Blue and White" is the proper choice; although I find "Song for Yann Kermogant" even more emotive.

I tend to leave the ground after most people in order to walk at my own pace. This means the concourse is almost empty. The concourse for turnstiles 7-12 has three posters showing strapping young ladies doing boxing, athletics and football. I always find this boosts my morale as I leave. I hope these splendid posters remain.

35 years ago, I went to see Ipswich play West Brom at Highbury with my father and some of his friends. One of whom was a respected GP in Suffolk.

He wasn't expecting a complete stranger to piss in his pocket and down his leg. But it happened.
I'm willing to bet it was a GP who was respected in Norfolk. They hate each other those Norfolk and Suffolk GPs.

No connection between Leicester City and When you're smiling ? Isn't singing it for 40 odd years connection enough ?

Could we also add to this; showing the early game. A 4-3 yesterday that I'm sure everyone in the ground pre match would have wanted to watch.

I'm sure they have had early games on this season too.

Could we also add to this; showing the early game. A 4-3 yesterday that I'm sure everyone in the ground pre match would have wanted to watch.

Which game was that then?

I think they only have rights to Sky games, not BT.

I sit in the West Stand. I am pleased our great owners are thinking about upgrading the Concourses.
The priority has to be the toilets. Entry and Exit signs may help if people adhere to them (big if) but really we need another male toilet or the smaller toilet needs significantly enlarging. You cant get to the toilet and buy a drink in the time allowed for half time.

More places to put your drink or food down e.g. shelves or tables.

The service at the kiosks need to speed up. Perhaps pour beer before the half time whistle. Afterall they know people will want to buy beer. Bigger bars with more staff.

Make the space less like a garage and more like a bar. It is cold, unwelcoming and like being in my garage. Look at Chelsea's concourses. I was in the USA and the concourses at the NY Mets were on a different planet. The flooring could be improved so it is not just cold concrete.

If possible the concourse areas need significantly enlarging. At half time there are way too many people for the space. That slows everything down.

I am very pleased that the club continue to allow smokers to go outside at half time. This is a sign that customer needs are being considered.

I am not as bothered about all this as I am about the team and our success but as a consultation is taking place I might as well take part.

The Don has made some very valid points there. The way service is done needs to be reconsidered, as the size of the queues means not only do you have to make a choice between toilets or pies, but it's actually very difficult to get around in the concourses.

The toilets are a nightmare, with people pushing both in and out on both entrances. A simple turnstile approach with large signs could make a huge difference.

I see most gig venues I go to have a machine that pours 12 pints of beer at a time, not one. This seems like it would be a sound investment to be recommended, as I am aware this is done by a third party.

Large digital scoreboards as suggested earlier would be an improvement IMO, as this is what we want to know at half time.

I think vending machines were suggested earlier in the thread. This would be ideal.

I sit in the West Stand. I am pleased our great owners are thinking about upgrading the Concourses.
The priority has to be the toilets. Entry and Exit signs may help if people adhere to them (big if) but really we need another male toilet or the smaller toilet needs significantly enlarging. You cant get to the toilet and buy a drink in the time allowed for half time.

More places to put your drink or food down e.g. shelves or tables.

The service at the kiosks need to speed up. Perhaps pour beer before the half time whistle. Afterall they know people will want to buy beer. Bigger bars with more staff.

Make the space less like a garage and more like a bar. It is cold, unwelcoming and like being in my garage. Look at Chelsea's concourses. I was in the USA and the concourses at the NY Mets were on a different planet. The flooring could be improved so it is not just cold concrete.

If possible the concourse areas need significantly enlarging. At half time there are way too many people for the space. That slows everything down.

I am very pleased that the club continue to allow smokers to go outside at half time. This is a sign that customer needs are being considered.

I am not as bothered about all this as I am about the team and our success but as a consultation is taking place I might as well take part.
On that note and in relation to the toilets - install the barrier system you see in London train stations where it only allows you one way.

Large digital scoreboards as suggested earlier would be an improvement IMO, as this is what we want to know at half time.

I have not been able to go to a home game for a couple of years, so I may making a wrong assumption here.

If the Club provide 4G we would not need digital scoreboards as everyone could look the scores up on their smartphones. (assumption - vast majority of fans take a smartphone to the match).

Went to the Rotherham friendly. They had 4G all inside the stadium and seating areas.

I have not been able to go to a home game for a couple of years, so I may making a wrong assumption here.

If the Club provide 4G we would not need digital scoreboards as everyone could look the scores up on their smartphones. (assumption - vast majority of fans take a smartphone to the match).

Went to the Rotherham friendly. They had 4G all inside the stadium and seating areas.

I couldnt get any internet connection at all in our ground, which is quite poor.

4G? Where's M17TT?

Over the close season the Club are planning on doing a lot of work in the concourses around the stadium and are looking for some ideas of what fans might like to see.

We attended a sub-committee meeting of the FCC last week where we walked through the concourses around the ground to see what is there currently, and get an idea of the areas that really need some work performing on them.

NB: this does not include any work on the kiosk areas (although those in the South Stand will be completely redeveloped over the close season), as this is the resposibility of the catering partner rather than the Club. If the South Stand redevelopment proves successful then this will be rolled out throughout the ground in future. So ideas on the kiosks/catering are not needed.

To give you an example of some ideas that were thought up during the session:

- In certain areas have large pictures of fans on the walls, for example in the SK1 concourse have pictures of the Union FS displays, in L1 have a picture showing the fans doing the 'Poznan'.
- Larger TVs, also moved to better locations - i.e. away from the kiosks to avoid queuing problems.
- Large pictures of iconic goals with the accompanying commentary, for example Jamie Vardy celebrating v Man Utd with the Sky commentary 'It's eleven, it's heaven for Jamie Vardy...'

If you have any pictures that you'd like to see dotted around, any inspiration you've seen in other stadia or any other ideas you'd like to put forward please just reply in this thread. This really is an area where the Club want some input from the fans, and we will ensure that any suggestions (provided they are sensible!) get put forward.

The same question is being asked on 3 message boards, we hope to get some good ideas from all 3 sites
"Fearless" and "Foxes never quit" on large screens with iconic pictures from all era's reminding of our history, black and white as well as colour, managers, players, pictures of filbert street, staff and fans - the various owners too - all part of the fabric of the club. All rolling with regular pictures of the fans queing, cheering, crying, waving cheering, foggy, rainy nights with the fans on the terraces. With sound bytes if possible.
All of the clubs logo's and badges from the very beginning and include the opportunity to buy fox and crop shits with them on

There is 4G in the ground, isn't there? It's only halftime and just after the game that it doesn't wokr, which I hve always assumed is a result of everybody reaching for their phones at the same time. If I've ever tried to look at other scores during play it has always been dead easy.

I couldnt get any internet connection at all in our ground, which is quite poor.

I can get a 4G signal in the ground but it's just so slow once the stadium starts to fill up. Free wifi would be nice. It can also take anything up to 20 mins to send a text and trying to get onto the web at half time is a complete waste of time. I guess that's what happens when you're sharing a signal with 32,000 people.

The Club, quite rightly and much applauded, have spent millions on the Stadium and Training Ground infrastructure.
How much would our own personal cell mast cost? Huge hotels and universities provide good WiFi with repeaters in rooms and public spaces.
The technology exists!

I can get a 4G signal in the ground but it's just so slow once the stadium starts to fill up. Free wifi would be nice. It can also take anything up to 20 mins to send a text and trying to get onto the web at half time is a complete waste of time. I guess that's what happens when you're sharing a signal with 32,000 people.
All of the quotes above in this post are accurate. And, since the only time people want to stop to check the score is halftime, I stand by my suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669