Cov post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So disheartened with the response to today's game. As if all the positive signs we saw last week never happened. I listened to the cov commentary today and they described a match in which we were competitive and in which we were extremely unlucky not to come out with something.

I repeat my comments after the Watford game that I believe Holloway is the man to take this club forward. We need someone to get the players fighting for each other and to get us playing an attacking game and with the passion we all want to see.

Last week we were excellent don't forget that.

We were crying out for home form when he came and our home form is now amongst the best in the league.

A month ago we were in the top four of the form table.

The signs of life are undeniably there and it would be criminal if these were not seen through because of what seems to be the expected 'they're all cnuts' reaction of Melton after a defeat (I'm not picking on you Melton you just sprang to mind).

We do need someone to get them playing as a team not just pretending to and it doesn't happen overnight.

The positive signs I've seen have far outweighed the negative. I'm imploring Milan not to do the indecent thing and drop the Sword of Damacles seemingly hanging over every Leicester bosses neck. Give Holloway a chance.

that Leicester team today was fecking pathetic, toothless, gutless and clueless particular favourites include:

Clemence - absolute and complete shite, get rid NOW

Hume - you fecking useless showboating twat

Clapham - on a free and today you showed why

Chambers - total toss, 3rd division standard at best

Howard - "it just hits my head, I dont know where it goes after that"

Campbell - Came from non-league, should return to non league

Holloway - do you have any tactics or strategy in you? so you blame the referee when the team was abject, you talk of pride in the shirt, round pegs in round holes and its all bullshit

So disheartened with the response to today's game. As if all the positive signs we saw last week never happened. I listened to the cov commentary today and they described a match in which we were competitive and in which we were extremely unlucky not to come out with something.

I repeat my comments after the Watford game that I believe Holloway is the man to take this club forward. We need someone to get the players fighting for each other and to get us playing an attacking game and with the passion we all want to see.

We were crying out for home form when he came and our home form is now amongst the best in the league.

The signs of life are undeniably there and it would be criminal if these were not seen through because of what seems to be the expected 'they're all cnuts' reaction of Melton after a defeat (I'm not picking on you Melton you just sprang to mind).

We do need someone to get them playing as a team not just pretending to and it doesn't happen overnight.

The positive signs I've seen have far outweighed the negative. I'm imploring Milan not to do the indecent thing and drop the Sword of Damacles seemingly hanging over every Leicester bosses neck. Give Holloway a chance.

We didn't have a shot on target til a few minutes before the end, the match was already over as a contest by then.
In fact, we were never really in the game. Whether the penalty was right or not, for most of the first half play was camped in our half of the pitch)
Yes we had more possession second half but yet again failed to do much with it.
Powder-puff tackles and lacklustre passing do not in my mind constitute being 'competitive' either.
Please tell me how we were 'unlucky' not to come out of the game with something when we actually DIDN'T deserve anything from the game?

How long have we got to wait to see this passion and attacking football, that you talk about, on a regular basis ?
I've actually got to the point now where, not only do I expect to get relegated, I'm actually hoping that we do so that Holloway will be replaced. Relegation is the only way some of you will wake to the fact that he really isn't the man for us. Only my opinion of course.

We didn't have a shot on target til a few minutes before the end, the match was already over as a contest by then.
In fact, we were never really in the game. Whether the penalty was right or not, for most of the first half play was camped in our half of the pitch)
Yes we had more possession second half but yet again failed to do much with it.
Powder-puff tackles and lacklustre passing do not in my mind constitute being 'competitive' either.
Please tell me how we were 'unlucky' not to come out of the game with something when we actually DIDN'T deserve anything from the game?

Your comments there are measured I don't have a problem with that. My problem is with some of the hyperbolic rants which are more destructive than constructive.

Your comments there are measured I don't have a problem with that. My problem is with some of the hyperbolic rants which are more destructive than constructive.

You listened to it on the radio, as did I, I make my judgement on results, how do you make your judgement by just listening to the radio ?

So, why did the commentary team make out we were playing in a way that anyone that could quite easily see wasn't the case?

Then again, this is John Baabaa we are talking about.....

Baabaa didn't make it sound good, he was listening to radio Coventry.

So, why did the commentary team make out we were playing in a way that anyone that could quite easily see wasn't the case?

Then again, this is John Baabaa we are talking about.....

I listened to the Coventry commentary and they clearly felt we held a threat. We had a bad day in front of goal and a rubbish referee and without a doubt we as a team underperformed because the latter shouldn't on it's own be enough to sink us.

What I'm saying is that, if you'll pardon the cliche, Rome wasn't built in a day and that we all know there are problems within the club and I believe that Holloway has done all the right things in the short time he's had to address them as much as one man can.

The positive signs are there. My problem is with people who talk not of the game in isolation but that they have made their minds up about individuals or even the whole team on the back of today. That's the kind of short-termism that's played a large part in getting us where we are today.

These people are the scum of the earth, why on earth you'd choose to promote them, their name or what they stand for like that is beyond me. But hey, all in the name of sarcasm, right?

Yes your right, men who organise fights with like minded individuals are on the same level as rapists, murderers, and paedophiles :icon_roll

The amount of time spend on these men is unbelievable, it seems the police take crimes at or related to football matches way more seriously than any other crimes commited away from them.

I wonder if the police would make it a priority if you rang them and said theire were some blokes fighting outside your house, if you mention they are football fans or related to a football match they would be there straight away.

The notion that these guys are the scum of the earth is simply not true, i would much rather prefer these people have an organised scrap amongst themselves than do it where innocent fans are.

I listened to the Coventry commentary and they clearly felt we held a threat. We had a bad day in front of goal and a rubbish referee and without a doubt we as a team underperformed because the latter shouldn't on it's own be enough to sink us.

Please don't think anything they say has substance. I heard the 'highlights' package on Radio Leicester on my way home and honestly couldn't work out when the chances they were shouting about happened.

We were awful against a terrible C*v side. We had no attacking threat and the penalty is a red herring, if we were a decent side we would still have taken a point today.

A good day out spoilt by football.

Last edited:
Well I don't know why the Cov commentary team thought we were a threat, we never created much of anything to be considered so.

We underperformed yes. But then imo we've been underperforming not only for 95% of this season, but for the last 4 years.

That has nowt to do with our recent history in the topflight, but more to do with seeing what players we have had in the squad in recent years yet for whatever reasons not one of the squads in the past four years have gelled to give us a team which has pulled together results and decent performances.

On paper, we have had players who are well capable of playing at this level, but the reality is very different, yet when they leave us, for the most part they seem to 'refind' their abilities.

I hate being so defeatist, but the past 4 years have finally this season gotten to me, and no matter how hard I look, I can't see anything positive, even last week, despite it being a 4-0 scoreline, I was thinking it would be worth feck all if we played as shite as in the other recent games and lost today.
Looking at the season as a whole imo it has proved to be a complete and utter waste of everyone's time and money. I just hope that somehow those same players who have so far proved inept at dealing with most things this season, have enough about them to steer us clear of the bottom three. But the longer the season goes on, the more worried I get.

Please don't think anything they say has substance. I heard the 'highlights' package on Radio Leicester on my way home and honestly couldn't work out when the chances they were shouting about happened.

We were awful against a terrible C*v side. We had no attacking threat and the penalty is a red herring, if we were a decent side we would still have taken a point today.

A good day out spoilt by football.

To clarify I listened to the Radio Coventry commentary.

Worst deafeat of the season, and the fact Ollie has simply blamed the ref is inexcusable.

These players need to be help accountable for their gutless displays, they are paid hansonmly and yet still dont posses the ability to justify their wage.

I dont want to hear shitty comments this week in the media about putting it right, i want to see the ****ers go and and do the job they are paid to do, i don't want to hear Holloway this week either, i want him to simply ensure thingsa are put right in the next game

5 years of bullshit, i don't want to hear any more so shut the **** up.

We didn't have a shot on target til a few minutes before the end,

Hume had a shot on target quite early on in the first half if I remember correctly.

But yeah other than that, I dont think the next one was until Hayles had an attempt soon after he came on.

Last edited:
What's the chances of the club getting called into disrepute after Holloway swore about the ref .. live on air ! What a muppet he really is. I don't care if he thought it wasn't a penalty, he should be able to control himself and his mouth instead of making the club look even worse.

my 5er on us to go down has well and truley been placed....how depressing and shit, i know

What's the chances of the club getting called into disrepute after Holloway swore about the ref .. live on air ! What a muppet he really is. I don't care if he thought it wasn't a penalty, he should be able to control himself and his mouth instead of making the club look even worse.

What did he say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4698
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5Norwich City4674
6West Brom4673
7Hull City4671