Coventry City - Friday 18th August 2006 - Championship - FOX TRAVEL ADDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Kick-off 7:45 p.m.

Tickets
Up to a maximum of 5,000 tickets for this fixture. £22 for adults, £11 for senior citizens (60+), £8 for under 7s, £9 for 7-12 year olds, £10 for 13-15s and £11 for 16-18 year olds. Combined ticket for disabled and carer costs £11. There are no special rates for students this season. Tickets bought on matchday cost an extra quid.

Selling arrangements are as follows:
Mon 7 August - Season ticket holders (priority 1)
Tue 8 August - Season ticket holders (priority 2)
Wed 9 August - Season ticket holders (priority 3)
Thu 10 August - Members
Fri 11 August - General sale (subject to availability - ha!)

Coaches
Fox Travel leaves the Walkers at 5:30 p.m. Season ticket holders pay £10.50 adults, £8.50 concessions - non season ticket holders £1 more. Book your seat at the ticket office, by telephoning 0870 499 1884 or mail to [email protected]

Directions
The stadium is located in the Foleshill area to the north of the city.

Leave (or cross?) the M6 at Junction 3. Take the A444 towards Coventry and at the first island go left. You will see the Ricoh Arena on your right.

There is a Park + Ride service available from Whitley in the south of Coventry near the A45/A46 junction; people who can approach from that direction might find it useful - details here.

There are also some official Park + Walk car-parks near the ground - details here.
There are various unofficial car-parks, which seem to charge the same £5 as the official ones, but little street parking. It's also worth looking at this site for a nearby car-park which many City fans used last season.

Be warned that Wolves took a large number of fans on their first visit to the Ricoh. Many of them left their journey until too late and 'abandoned' their cars on verges on roads around and at some distance from the ground - they all got parking tickets!! So arrive early and park properly!

If anybody wants a lift from and to Stoke-on-Trent, please pm me.

Trains
There are no services back to Leicester after the game.

Pubs
Try Longford Road. map (Ground is off Judds Lane. You can walk to Longford Road along the nearby canal towpath)

Away Supporters Facilities
Jewson South Stand. It's fairly steeply raked which usually means that you would be close to the action - but not here! - there's a cinder track between the pitch and the stands.

Accoustics are said to be better than at the Walkers (and not only by the Cov fans) so we should be able to make ourselves heard.

Normal range of football ground food, including a chicken balti pie. Look out for cheaper 'pie + pint' offers.

Stewards allegedly very hot on people standing!

Last edited:
Re: Coventry City - Friday 18th August 2006 - Football League Championship

They are going on sale, a range of prices for under 18's, but can only remember the price for 7 year olds (long story).

No NUS tickets this season, the bar stewards.

The free fixture list states that they go on general sale from the 11th of August.

I think I'll be going to this one, just a shame its on a friday night.:icon_sad:

Fox Fan said:
The free fixture list states that they go on general sale from the 11th of August.

I think I'll be going to this one, just a shame its on a friday night.:icon_sad:

I want to go, can't get anyone to go with me though...:icon_conf

Mike Hunt Smells said:
I want to go, can't get anyone to go with me though...:icon_conf

Hardly surprising after yesterday.

I'm a first time season ticket holder....does this mean I am priority 3 for buying an away ticket? I ain't got a clue. :icon_conf

Mike Hunt Smells said:
I'm a first time season ticket holder....does this mean I am priority 3 for buying an away ticket? I ain't got a clue. :icon_conf

Yes, it does.

I don't think you will have a problem getting tickets for away matches this year MHS, least of all for Cov whos ground was pretty empty today (although it was on sky)

Fox Fan said:
I don't think you will have a problem getting tickets for away matches this year MHS, least of all for Cov whos ground was pretty empty today (although it was on sky)

Cov shouldn't be a problem - but I was fairly impressed with their attendance yesterday, over 22,000 for a TV game isn't bad, looks like their fans are optimistic about the new season.

Tickets for a few away matches could be a problem though - Colchester will probably be the most difficult, they only have something like 800 tickets available for away fans, mostly standing.

Jeff said:
Cov shouldn't be a problem - but I was fairly impressed with their attendance yesterday, over 22,000 for a TV game isn't bad, looks like their fans are optimistic about the new season.

That was my first thought as well - over 22k for a game that was live on TV and at quite an awkward time is not bad going at all. I very much doubt if we will better that figure for our game against Ipswich - and that is at 3 on a Saturay and not on TV.

I wonder how many Sunderland fans were there to swell the crowd (EDIT: 2,500, according to Sunderland website)

Jeff said:
Tickets for a few away matches could be a problem though - Colchester will probably be the most difficult, they only have something like 800 tickets available for away fans, mostly standing.

Colchester are only giving standing tickets to away fans at the moment, on account of 'ground development'. The odd thing though is that they are giving away fans rather more than the compulsory 10% of their capacity - 909 out of a total capacity of 6,180. AIUI there are more than 900 Priority 1 card-holders this season (down from about 1,100 a couple of years ago), so with Colchester being a new ground for many, ticket purchasing for this game will be interesting to say the least.

Last edited:

Jeff said:

Standing?!? I love that but its obivious with the small amount of tickets I have no hope in hell of going. Southend I expect to be probelmtic for tickets.

Currently considering whether to go Birmingham or West Brom in the next month.

bocadillo said:
That was my first thought as well - over 22k for a game that was live on TV and at quite an awkward time is not bad going at all. I very much doubt if we will better that figure for our game against Ipswich - and that is at 3 on a Saturay and not on TV.

Its always difficult to tell from the T.v - for example if you looked at our matches on the t.v you would think no one was there simply because people refuse to pay a preimium to sit in the West Stand. Mostly the East Stand is fairly full.

On a positive note I heard we have sold roughly the same number of season tickets as Villa.

Fox Fan said:
Its always difficult to tell from the T.v - for example if you looked at our matches on the t.v you would think no one was there simply because people refuse to pay a preimium to sit in the West Stand. Mostly the East Stand is fairly full.

I didn't 'tell from the TV'. I looked up the attendance figures. I don't understand the point that you are trying to make.

Fox Fan said:
On a positive note I heard we have sold roughly the same number of season tickets as Villa.

Was that before or after the arrival of our ex-manager? I really doubt if it is so.

Hazzman said:
Currently considering whether to go Birmingham or West Brom in the next month.

Go to both. :icon_wink

Hazzman said:
I could on my current wage. I have a job, a very part-time one, it pays well.

Do it then! I'm hoping to go to Cov, Birmingham and West Brom. Depending if the others want to go.

I want to go to the Cov game - but I haven't got any way of transport. Anyone with a spare seat be willing to give me a lift there and back? I pay good petrol money and will happily supply a half time pie/pint if requested.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
I want to go to the Cov game - but I haven't got any way of transport. Anyone with a spare seat be willing to give me a lift there and back? I pay good petrol money and will happily supply a half time pie/pint if requested.
Don't worry about getting there Mr Hunt, I can give you a lift (if I'm driving, I will confirm shortly)

Melton Fox said:
Don't worry about getting there Mr Hunt, I can give you a lift (if I'm driving, I will confirm shortly)

I will need someone to sit with at the ground as well. :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570