Coventry Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

What???:icon_eek:

Was he reliving the game v. Blackburn??

I thought they were utter cack.

Incredibly negative. Long Ball. Long throws-in were their main piece of enterprise.

I thought Bori did well enough, though not as well as Lazcko.
I see no reason to drop either of them for next week's trip to Norwich.

I thought Bori was as good as Laczko but Laczko will receive more support for his skills. He could of scored in the first few minutes, my brother turned to me and said 'well, he can't head' and then he went to continue being a lovely ball of energy for the rest of the game.

Hungary flag on order!

Dare I say I was even bouncing to the horrible Chelsea Dagger :icon_roll, just so I could feel the concrete bounce.

newtonfox

Incredibly negative. Long Ball. Long throws-in were their main piece of enterprise.

I thought Bori was as good as Laczko but Laczko will receive more support for his skills. He could of scored in the first few minutes, my brother turned to me and said 'well, he can't head' and then he went to continue being a lovely ball of energy for the rest of the game.

Hungary flag on order!

Dare I say I was even bouncing to the horrible Chelsea Dagger :icon_roll, just so I could feel the concrete bounce.

one for your desktop :icon_wink

HungaryFlag.jpg

muzzy magic

Alnwick 6
Stearman 5
McAuley 7
Kisnorbo 8
Mattock 6
Bori 7
Clemence 7
Oakley 9
Laczko 8
Howard 8
Hume 8

Oakley was outstanding, Laczko and Bori were a breathe of fresh air, walked away from the game with a smile on my face for a change, best game since the Watford match and look forward to watching the Championship in the morning for a change...Well done lads

Orifice

It's so bloody good to read the weekend 'Post Match Thread' with a smile on my face.

With all the less good things of late (5-6 years, whatever) it's only right to be Very Pleased with a top performance and a win.

Dour

Alnwick 6
Stearman 5
McAuley 7
Kisnorbo 8
Mattock 6
Bori 7
Clemence 7
Oakley 9
Laczko 8
Howard 8
Hume 8

He was responsible for keeping Mifsud under control today. I thought he did well - Mifsud was pretty much cancelled out and Mattock really did his bit in getting forward too.

Lako42

I am happy. Yay

For all who think IH is just a joker, did you her his post game interview? Very serious, very impressive and spoke so much sense it must have been coming out of his ears.

An opinion yet Melts?

Last edited:

Harbfox

Just got home,never ever again will I obey Spionfox when he tells me to go for a drink to chill out.On a serious note what an improved performance on basically no time together,for the new boys to gel like that was brilliant as IH said after the match round pegs in round holes,dont have to be able to speak the language if your good enough and know what your doing.Well done lads onwards and upwards

Lako42

No Norris in Plymouth squad today.

foxin_oz

So you think the half dozen or so that went straight to their goalkeeper were good kicks? :icon_conf

No, they were "attempts on goal". All it needed was Hume to get in there and bump their keeper and then claim the "goal". A la Fulop. :icon_wink

foxin_oz

Excitement levels are all relative to the shite we have had to endure previously.

Today has seemed like the second coming. (sorry foxin_oz!)

I forgive you my son, now go and say five hail Ollies ... :icon_bigg

SwedeFox

From thebluearmy.co.uk:

Holloway's side nearly undid their early work by gifting Coventry an equaliser after 15 minutes.

Dele Adebola's flick header from a long clearance looked harmless, but Patrick Kisnorbo and Alnwick left the ball to each other on the edge of the area and allowed Leon Best to nip in.
Alnwick recovered enough to thwart Best, but the ball broke to Adebola, who with the goal gaping, rolled his shot against the outside of the post.

From lcfc.co.uk:

The Sky Blues came close to equalising on 14 minutes when a mix-up between Gareth McAuley and Alnwick allowed Dele Adebola a clear sight of goal, but the burly striker somehow found the left-hand post, with the ball going behind for a goal-kick.

It was Stearman, wasn't it?

Graz

Just got in from work, and read through the entire post match thread. Even happier now than I was at full time! Great to here everyone saying how good a performance it was.

fitz

a very good win, performance that for once warranted the result

for ****s sake though can everyone stop calling our keeper "arln-wick" its pronounced "anick" for ****s sake that nearly ruined my day hearing that repeatedly.

everyone...... "ANICK" see here its a place in northumberland with 2 nightclubs, Tip Tipping died there supposedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669