Coventry Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gutted not to have been there...left it too late for an affordable flight..question though Homer ..was it a better performance than the game that never was?.

I saw the Watford game and left with a real buzz of expectation for the season ahead...does the general consensus of opinion and your perspective after this showing suggest we were even better?

Yes, in terms of the fact that we passed the ball nicely, didn't give away possesion needlessly, played a fantastic high line at the back, played through midfield well and often rather than hoofing it, and simply dominated the game from start to finish

No, in respect of the piss poor opposition we were up against - they were absolutely shocking in every way, whereas Watford looked a decent side

We played as well i've seen them this season. Which isn't really saying much. It was nice to actually have some shape. When the midfeild had the ball they actually had people to pass to. Instead of a load of headless chickens not sure where they should be playing.

That said, Cov were piss poor. Particularly in the second half where they seemed to forgot how the off side rule worked. I can't remember our keeper making a save. (bar the stearman incident)

How much of the performance was due to having 3 new players in midfield who want the football and know how to keep the ball? Apart from Hume there was nobody in the city shirt who actually wanted the ball prior to sat afternoon...

Last edited:
Ay up me duck

Highlights on Sky 1 in a minute. :icon_wink

As we are only 10 points off 7th and 20 points off top having played the way we have this year i think shows what a poor lot of teams are in the Championship this year

As we are only 10 points off 7th and 20 points off top having played the way we have this year i think shows what a poor lot of teams are in the Championship this year

and it shows how shite we have been to be near the bottom of the pile. But everything is wonderful at the moment and long may it continue.:023:

Why is it called a balti pie? Does it come served in a balti dish?

Or is it just a curry flavoured pie?

its a pukka pie with chicken curry in it... buy it before kick off and its nice, buy at half time and its normally overdone or cold (if there are any left)

Top post Steven, relevant for all of 60 seconds. :icon_roll Is this a new record of some sort? :icon_bigg

Yes, most posts are relevant for 1 second never mind 60.....

I concede the point that Cov were very poor, but until Saturday that has not been a basis for us to play like a football team. Its the first time, certainly this season, where we have not treated the ball like a grenade with the pin missing - lob it as far up the field as you can. Lascko was taking the ball down on his chest, and playing to feet from just in front of his own area. It was just like watching that football stuff you see on telly.

Are they so poor or is it just that the Championship is very competitive this year? :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669