Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

Re: Coventry Match Thread

Full Time 2-0

Full time!

2-0 City, onwards and upwards!

Holloway is God! Onto the playoffs! ;)

New signings, especially the wingers sounded fantastic!

Fantastic result. Well worth staying up till three in the morning. Those Hungarians are certainly producing some talent these days.

Great result and sounded a very good performance, now we are starting to see what Ollie is capable of, good eye for signings in the transfer market, selects a balanced side and we play some decent football and a standing ovation.

It is a good day and hopefully a sign of things to come.

foxin_oz said:
lol means laughing out loud Macky ... though I suspect you knew that.:icon_wink

Don't be ridiculous, how could that be right?

I refuse to believe that all of those posters were sat in front of their PCs actually laughing out loud. Besides that it'd be easier & would make more sense if they typed 'haha'.

It must mean something else

cudnt get to the game today but i heard the radio n frankly it felt brillant. felt not too dissimilar to better days gone by with lennon izzet savage n guppy.

1 game at a time now,but if we keep those four in midfield fit,iv got no probs placin money on us at least in the top half of the table come end of season.

actually felt confident for once that the scum wernt gna put one past us in the die'n minutes which felt weird

could maybe do with a centre half to put them nigglin mistakes in the stands at the back but that squad'l do just fine til summer.

City Til I DiE:038:

Delighted with a win, but I think it might be an idea for everyone to reserve judgement on the team as a whole for a few weeks yet.

Now we're all excited somethings bound to go wrong.

A great result and it sounds like some really encouraging performances from the new boys. I think we have a team here that is capable of moving away from the bottom, but lets be realistic we have had one off good performances and then been let down. The game against Norwich will be really difficult. But lets enjoy it whilst it's here

GO ON YOU FOXES! (anyone know what it would be in Hungarian!?)

Takes us to 19th on the ladder. Bit more comfortable with that. Although QPR are 20th. Don't think they'll stay there for long. Shame about Norwich winning though.

Firstly, as a pre-curser, I don't want to sound as if I'm getting carried away as I'm not - there's a long long way to go and IMO this season holds nothing whatsoever for us now.

I was just looking through the match photos on the OS. And to be honest it dawned on me, that this is more like it now. This is where we should have been after our big fresh start last summer.

We've kept the decent players we already had in the matchday squad - Kisnorbo, Stearman, McAuley, Wesolowski, Hume, Fryatt - and brought in some real decent players to bring the team up to scratch - Clemence, Alnwick (Fulop before), Oakley, Howard, Hayles, the Hungarians - and also brought in some promising youth players to have in and around the first team - Mattock, Sheehan, King, Chambers.

We are still right down in the table but we CAN press on now. Well done to Ollie for bringing the team up to scratch, let's keep this up and push on from here. We need to cut out as much of the deadwood in the squad as possible and move on, and give things a real platform to push on from next season, by building some confidence and teamwork.

Well played today boys, first step of many towards better things.

It will be nice if we can beat Norwich, they're currently one spot above us in 18th. They won't be a pushover though, they beat Barnsley today 3-1 away.

Excellent. The Hungarians have made all the difference. First joyous home performance in a long, long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669