Coventry Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how to make Goulash? It should be on everyone's menu this week in honour of our wingers.

I didn't want to say anything during the match but when we were 1-0 up I was just waiting for the inevitable collapse. When we got the second I was over the moon. Bring on Norwich. :icon_bigg:023:

Excellent. The Hungarians have made all the difference. First joyous home performance in a long, long time.

No, Ian Holloway has made all the difference.

I am as pleased as anyone with the wingers, as has been discussed, a much beeter option than anyone else, but how nice was it to have Oakley n midfield alongside Clemence and a decent target man up front.

Well done everyone...

sounds like a great difference:
four midfielders - all with at least one effort on goal. 20 crosses into the box. two goals from open play and a clean sheet.
can't say fairer than that. holloway's getting his message across.
would be interested to know if the hungarians benefited from being unknown or are actually as strong looking, technical and pacey as the write up makes them sound? no time to get carried away.

i think isiah osbourne and at least one more will be in, with a raft still to go out (god willing).

one down 20 odd to go!!! well done city.

Anyone know how to make Goulash? It should be on everyone's menu this week in honour of our wingers.

Yes, dead easy. We cook it outside in a large bogracs (cauldron) several times each summer, more fun than a barbecue. There are numerous variations, but the main ingredients of our favourite version are: cubed beef, chopped onion, garlic, tomatoes, green peppers, potatoes a mixture of mild and hot paprika, marjoram and caraway seeds.

Its a soup (not a stew), served in a large bowl, accompanied by fresh white bread - delicious.

Listening to cov radio, lots of sky blue mongies phoning in, they're worried about being relegated.

It's a possibility, with Norwich and QPR and us on the up they might be in trouble if they lose a few more. I think there's only 19 matches to go now.

Yes, dead easy. We cook it outside in a large bogracs (cauldron) several times each summer, more fun than a barbecue. There are numerous variations, but the main ingredients of our favourite version are: cubed beef, chopped onion, garlic, tomatoes, green peppers, potatoes a mixture of mild and hot paprika, marjoram and caraway seeds.

Its a soup (not a stew), served in a large bowl, accompanied by fresh white bread - delicious.

Isn't there sour cream or something in it as well? I had it once I think and it seemed like it had cream or something in it?

Just got back......

That has to be one of the best games I have seen at the Walkers. :038::038::038::038:

With all those changes I thought I was going to witness a schoolboy team playing together for the first time, but how wrong I was. It was a delight to watch. The two wingers made a massive difference but Oakley was just outstanding. How the fcuk have we got him for £500K I just don't know.

Stearman was still a bag of wank though.....

Oakley, without wanting to gush, will change our season around. As good as the wingers where as well, he held the midfield, tackled all over the park and swept up behind Clemence allowing him to push forward and have the best game I have seen him have. The wingers look quality, especialy Salt.

Hayles also looked good to come on for the last 10 every game and hold up the game.

woudn't be surprised if we see Osbourne in for Bori for the game at norwich, shore things up a bit. use hume and lazcko for our attacking impetus. will be good to have actual options eh.

Glad you enjoyed it BG. Oakley does seem a good buy for that price. We seemed to have a lot of shots on goal today too. I was waiting for Ollie to put Chambers on for Stearman but it never happened. Nice to see the new strikers get a goal though.

woudn't be surprised if we see Osbourne in for Bori for the game at norwich, shore things up a bit. use hume and lazcko for our attacking impetus. will be good to have actual options eh.

I would be suprised. He knows Hume hates playing on the wing and now we have wingers why change it?

you must be having a laugh, did you go to the game?

Bori is a winger as is Lazcko, why would you drop one and play the other in attack, as that would mean dropping Howard.

I think you are Rob Kelly or Micky Adams.....

Glad you enjoyed it BG. Oakley does seem a good buy for that price. We seemed to have a lot of shots on goal today too. I was waiting for Ollie to put Chambers on for Stearman but it never happened. Nice to see the new strikers get a goal though.

I am getting ready to sink a load of cider tonight I feel that good.

Whatever way you look at it Stearman was the weakest link......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669