Coventry Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that was the best home performance ive seen for probably the past 4 years.....i don't even think our keeper had to make a propper save apart from catching some crosses?? just awesome!!:023:

I am getting ready to sink a load of cider tonight I feel that good.

Whatever way you look at it Stearman was the weakest link......

I thought he had one of his better games lately, poor distribution and a few mistakes. Was the least good player on the pitch, but don't think he was terrible

i never said drop howard, i meant i wouldn't be surprised if we didn't play both bori in our next away game, from reports. instead bringing osbourne into the midfield four and relying on lazcko and hume four or impetus on the break. read it again!

Why change a winning team when you don't have to??

I thought Bori did well enough, though not as well as Lazcko.
I see no reason to drop either of them for next week's trip to Norwich.

Though we'll have to shore up the defence cos Kissa is suspended isn't he?

I am getting ready to sink a load of cider tonight I feel that good...

Enjoy the apple juice ... I'm off to bed, it's after four am here. Well worth the lack of sleep though. :icon_bigg:icon_wink:015:

Glad you enjoyed it BG. Oakley does seem a good buy for that price. We seemed to have a lot of shots on goal today too. I was waiting for Ollie to put Chambers on for Stearman but it never happened. Nice to see the new strikers get a goal though.

Shouldnt you be in bed:icon_roll

i never said drop howard, i meant i wouldn't be surprised if we didn't play both bori in our next away game, from reports. instead bringing osbourne into the midfield four and relying on lazcko and hume four or impetus on the break. read it again!
you cannot rely on Hume for much at all. He never keeps to his position.

I think IH would be a fool if he did not field the same side again next week, maybe shooting Stearman and bringing in Chambers at right back

loving our linesman, must be another good signing by ollie

I listened to the radio during the match, because I assumed the commentators would know who all the new players were, and I didn't have a clue. And to be fair to them they seemed to get the names of the players right most of the time.

But it made me even more aware of how clueless Barber is at other things. His constant comments about the linesman being in our favour pissed me off, because I had as good a view as him and there were a lot of close decisions, but no obvious ones that were wrong. After the match Dowie blamed his strikers for being offside all the time, and didn't mention the linesman.

Barber reckoned the ref blew his whistle early. The board went up showing 3 minutes, when the 90 minutes were up at 4:49. He blew the final whistle at 4:53. How is that early? Did your watch stop or are you just stupid?

He made a comment about Holloway coming off the bench for the first time in the match, when it was at least the third time.

He constantly judged distances incorrectly. Here's a clue you idiot, the edge of the penalty area is 18 yards from goal. The edge of the D is 22 yards from goal. So someone just further back than that isn't 30 yards from goal you idiot.

He got loads of other stuff wrong, too much to remember.
Radio Leicester has a history of football reporters going on to national radio, usually because they're good at their job. Barber is not going to continue that tradition. He's more suited to sweeping the streets or cooking burgers, anything that doesn't involve having to communicate or any thought.

I listened to the radio during the match, because I assumed the commentators would know who all the new players were, and I didn't have a clue. And to be fair to them they seemed to get the names of the players right most of the time.

But it made me even more aware of how clueless Barber is at other things. His constant comments about the linesman being in our favour pissed me off, because I had as good a view as him and there were a lot of close decisions, but no obvious ones that were wrong. After the match Dowie blamed his strikers for being offside all the time, and didn't mention the linesman.

Barber reckoned the ref blew his whistle early. The board went up showing 3 minutes, when the 90 minutes were up at 4:49. He blew the final whistle at 4:53. How is that early? Did your watch stop or are you just stupid?

He made a comment about Holloway coming off the bench for the first time in the match, when it was at least the third time.

He constantly judged distances incorrectly. Here's a clue you idiot, the edge of the penalty area is 18 yards from goal. The edge of the D is 22 yards from goal. So someone just further back than that isn't 30 yards from goal you idiot.

He got loads of other stuff wrong, too much to remember.
Radio Leicester has a history of football reporters going on to national radio, usually because they're good at their job. Barber is not going to continue that tradition. He's more suited to sweeping the streets or cooking burgers, anything that doesn't involve having to communicate or any thought.
apply for his job jeff:023:

Just back.......well done lads!

And well done crowd too, first time there has been a kind of atmosphere there in some time! Just hope the family stand starts filling up a bit more too get the crowd buzzing a bit more!

Team we're excellent. Bori not too sre about, he put in a couple of good balls but may need a bit of time to settle.

Lazcko (sp?) looked immense! attacking, good feet.....finally a winger to excite the fans. Not seen the like since the Gupster was dazzling defences in the 90's.

Stearman. Now i have been giving him a hard time of late but i must say he impressed me...............for the first 10 minutes!!! After that it was back to the head down balls to no one up the field, or off the park?!?! Useless!!!!

Forwards looked class, Clemence raised his game - well he had to now Oakley has come in to show how to play!

The futures bright!!!! happy!!!! :):):)

Hungary has two capital cities, one on each side of the Blue Danube - Buda and Pest. That's exactly how it felt today - blue Danube and two brilliant Hungarians, one of whom is a wonderful Pest.

Oakley certainly adds class to midfield, too, and we've needed his type of midfielder for two seasons.

Great match. Lots of flair. Inventive and exciting.

Not a bad goalie, either!
:)

not with me he won't.

BB your thoughts sicken me, did you know that

You cant deny it BG, behind that hard exterior
dominadj6.gif
your just a big softy really:icon_bigg

Bleeding good game today. I took my three nephews today and for once they enjoyed themselves.

All the team played well we played the, off the park in the first half, apart from their missed sitter. Laczo was a breath of fresh air running about and getting stuck in. He was giving Hume a run for his money. Oakely got some passes and tackles in and looked sweet with Clemence in the center. Coventry were hardly in it in the midfield. And the other Hungarian Bori got 5 goal attempts in that I counted, I might have missed a few, so he did well too.

Lets hope we can keep it up and push up to the top half of the table.

i don't even think our keeper had to make a propper save apart from catching some crosses??

He needs to learn not to kick the ball so far though, he kept kicking it straight to their goalkeeper.

Difficult to tell if he's any good, he didn't have a great deal to do. One worrying moment in the first half when he half came out for the ball, then stopped, with Stearman expecting him to come, which led to a mess up which cov should have scored from. Don't know whether to blame Alnwick or Stearman for that, but there was obviously a lack of communication between them.

Any bother after the match:102:. You usually get the morons come out of the woodwork for this sort of game:icon_conf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669