Coventry Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also believed in and still believe in Levein - and am sure will return

I remember watching a few CL performances which were among the best I have seen at the Walkers at all, smashing 4 past Sheff Utd for example, the Spurs cup match.....and some of the worst, too many. Strange why that all failed IMO. It would appear he was given tasks which were counter-productive to getting the side up the league.

There are very few managers that don't have unsuccessful stints at clubs. In any given year in any league there are going to be at least twelve managers that are deemed to be flops. Obviously having a strong, competitive squad and money to spend are advantages, but sometimes that isn't always possible. I'm sure Alex Ferguson would struggle with a team like say, Aldershot for instance. Paul Jewell isn't doing much at Derby IMO. We'll see how good he is next year in this league anyway. Given the financial problems we had it's not surprising we have been less than competitive. Watch QPR shoot up the ladder shortly. Not because their manager is great, but because they've got financial clout. Before Chelsea had their Billionaire backer they were about as good as us. Hopefully with Ollie and Mandaric we'll have the right combination to get us promoted next year, although Derby will probably aiming for that too. Midtable this year will, in my opinion, be deemed a success. :102:

it was definately stearman who hesitated in clearing his lines ive just watched it now

:mad: Gutted that I missed the game, from all the comments and reports it sounds like we could have a team again.

Just hope it is not another false dawn!

I must admit my opinion of Stearman is shaped largely on what I read on here and in other forums (forii?) but given his age I guess he does an ok job. Chambers would do a better job IMO but I could be wrong.

So tell us, who posts on here? :icon_wink:icon_bigg

Fora

Its very quiet on here today.Seems there are less posts because we won and played well so nobody has much to say

Its very quiet on here today.Seems there are less posts because we won and played well so nobody has much to say

Another reason might be that our leading poster is overseas isn't he? :102:

it was definately stearman who hesitated in clearing his lines ive just watched it now

Indeed it was Stearman. There are some ludicrous attempts to blame McAuley from some on here (boc).

In the aftermath of the incident, IH raced to the touchline and started yelling at Stearman and he raised his hand to acknowlege his cock-up to IH. If that ain't responsibility, I don't know what is.

McAuley was in the vicinity only.

Even with a decent game, the urge of the balti pie during the game is too much :018:

Oh forgot it is MHS :icon_bigg:icon_wink

Why is it called a balti pie? Does it come served in a balti dish?

Or is it just a curry flavoured pie?

The finest, and most enjoyable, performance I have seen at the Walkers for a very, very long time indeed

Can't wait for the next game, to be honest

:038:

I'm gutted not to have been there...left it too late for an affordable flight..question though Homer ..was it a better performance than the game that never was?.

I saw the Watford game and left with a real buzz of expectation for the season ahead...does the general consensus of opinion and your perspective after this showing suggest we were even better?

we played well and had a much better balance to the team but cov were shit thought they were on par with ipswich but you can only beat whats in front of you :102:

Why is it called a balti pie? Does it come served in a balti dish?

Or is it just a curry flavoured pie?

I've never had one but I'm willing to bet the latter of your options is correct. Can you imagine twenty thousand balti dishes in the hands of angry football fans? Not a pleasant thought. :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669