Crystal Palace home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think the players need to play it straight with this Ref and don't try to con a freekick/kick the ball away etc as he has given 9 yellow cards in his last 2 games and they were all given for Unsporting behaviour

A Rotherham fan from this weekends game wasn't impressed with this Ref either
............missing more than enough chances to win it, with a joke of a ref (lost count of how many times we've said that) - but two stonewall pens turned down and a blatent backpass ignored. He also kept giving free kicks on the reaction of the crowd and their players, with one incident when he was looking in the opposite direction.
But perhaps he's one of these "home" Refs so we might be alright

Wonder if Sven has finally managed to get from the authorities what Bruma said to earn his departure - surely a game on the bench even when available is a fitting lesson to learn (especially as Sven has spoken out against desent)

The only mitigating factor in dissent is that no one gets injured as with a bad tackle.

On the other hand there can be no real complaint. Nobody gets sent off for "clumsy" dissent or "accidental" dissent. For a player already on a yellow card to be booked for dissent shows a disregard for teamates. On the other hand Chelsea can be pleased.. Their player has hopefully learned a lesson and sadly it was Leicester who suffered.

In 1756 Admiral John Byng was deemed to have let down the navy by a lack of aggression against the French. The next year he was given a court martial and shot to encourage the others It worked and helped make the Royal Navy perhaps the greatest fighting force of the next generation.

Obviously a similar punishment for Brumah might make clubs reluctant to lend players to Leicester. Hopefully the two match ban will "encourage the others" - especially young players like Mee, Naughton, King etc to keep their mouths closed.

I would certainly pick Naughton over Vitor.

We will need players who can break down defences and there are times when Naughton looks like a very good winger.

Our defence on Saturday looked well balanced.
Having Vitor on the right, allowed PVA to get forward a lot more.
People only seem to see Naughton's ability to get forward.
His job is defence. When he and PVA play, we get caught out with both of them bombing forward.

Also, playing Mee on the left, brings the best out of Sol.

i want to see more of ricardo i think hes outstanding, hope we sign him perm in the summer.

I don't really understand this. Not your comment, but the idea that that clause is what is keeping Bruma in the team.

1) How much could his loan fee really have been/how much could each game we play him in really be saving us? Surely not that significant an amount to impact on Sven's decision massively is it? Maybe enough to sway it if he's on the fence, but surely not the only reason.

2) Whatever the cost of Bruma's loan, the payoff for getting promoted would massively outweight any potential saving on his loan fee.

Makes sense to play him to save us some money if we've got nothing left to play for, but I just can't see that it is Sven's reason for playing him the whole time.

I understand where your coming from, but the fact he dropped Vitor for Bruma after the Scunny game makes me think the same will happen again

Our defence on Saturday looked well balanced.
Having Vitor on the right, allowed PVA to get forward a lot more.
People only seem to see Naughton's ability to get forward.
His job is defence. When he and PVA play, we get caught out with both of them bombing forward.

Also, playing Mee on the left, brings the best out of Sol.

On this season form Naughton has been the best defender at the club, one point which really impressed me was his ability to make a judgement call on whether to attack or not, so he didn't let himself be caught out of position, something that cannot be said for Van Aanholt.

Same team, same result. Simple

If Bruma gets picked I might actually turn around and go home

:038: The man is a ****in liability and shouldn't be risked for any of the 6 remaining games.

Sven seems to stick to his favourites regardless of how well their 'deputies' perform. It's a shame because Vitor and Mee have both performed vary well when given the opportunity.

I think if Bruma starts people will lose a lot of faith in Sven. It would also be very harsh to drop Vitor for Naughton. In an ideal world it will be an unchanged team and another boost to the goal difference.

I predict we start with:

Weale

Vitor
Bamba
Mee
Van Aanholt

Oakley
Wellens
King

Gallagher
Kamara
Yakubu