Doncaster Rovers - Tues Feb 23rd - 7.45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off:

7.45pm

Tickets:

Tickets for the re-arranged game will still be vaild. Once the date has been officially confirmed arrangements will be put in to place for those who are not able to make the re-arranged game to apply for refunds.

This may or may not free up extra tickets.

Adults: £23.00
Seniors/Students/12-16yrs: £17.00
Under 11's: £10.00

Fox Travel:

Fox Travel coaches will depart the stadium at: TBC

£14 Adult STH
£12 Concession STH
£17 Adult NON STH
£15 Concession NON STH

Directions & Parking:

Approx 72 miles - 1hour 30mins

M1 north to J32, join the M18....

Leave the M18 at J3 (White Rose way) > Go straight over the two roundabouts, and take your first exit on the 3rd. The ground will be straight in front of you.

Parking is limited at the ground, however there are several warehouse units who offer matchday parking for £3-£4. If arriving very early, some street parking may be possible.

(For anyone staying over, there is a Premier Inn only a short 5 minute walk from the ground)

Trains:

An off peak return is £30.50 and involves a change at Sheffield.

You can make a good saving on this by splitting your tickets. Buy off peak day returns between Leic > Derby & Derby > Sheffield (total £17) and buy an off peak day return between Sheffield & Doncaster (£4.70) = Total £21.70

Groups of 3 or 4 can make even bigger savings:

Group Save is available between Leicester & Sheffield (buy split tickets Leic > Derby & Derby > Sheffield) - Groups of 3 can complete Leic - Sheffield for £11.20 each, and Groups of 4 for £8.50 each.

Sheffield to Doncaster - £4.70 return.

Total each Groups of 3 - £15.90
Total each Groups of 4 - £13.20

**Please note Doncaster train station is approx 2 miles from the ground**

From around two hours before kick off there is a dedicated shuttle service from the Doncaster Interchange bus station, which is adjacent the train station and under the Frenchgate Shopping Centre. This is Route 75X and runs every 10 minutes direct to the Stadium. It leaves Stand C6 and the journey takes less than 10 minutes depending on traffic. The bus stops in a lay-by at the Ground close to the Ticket Office and after the match leaves for Doncaster Interchange from the same place. Cost is presently £1.10 each way.

Pubs:

As it's on the outskirts of town, there is only a Beefeater pub/restaurant to go drinking in. This is on the Lakeside complex.

There is also a bar, across the road from this within the Vue cinema complex.

Last edited:
Re: Doncaster Rovers - 28th Dec 2009 - 3pm

As an alternative for the part from Sheffield to the ground you can get a South Yorkshire Day Tripper for £5.50 which enables you to go on ANY train or bus (or even tram) in the South Yorkshire area. This should mean this includes the buses to the ground and back to Donny. I will check with First Buses that this is the case but I use the Day Tripper quite often and I'm sure that the buses will be included. There is also the 72 and 75 buses that go past the ground see* and these two buses also go to the Lakeside Village outlet if you want to go there for a drink first, or even go onto the Doncaster Dome if you want to but this is only on the 75 bus. Any of these buses you can use with the Day Tripper.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/yorkhumber/southyorkshire/interest/doncaster.php

The special bus mentioned by Nottingham Fox 75X is mentioned here below** but the price as per the link below is £1-20 single and £2 return available on the bus. But if you have a Day Tripper I'm sure you don't have to pay again

**http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/yorkhumber/southyorkshire/special_services/index.php?item=661&show=1

As regards a place to drink Donny town centre is only a short walk from the Train station/Bus Interchange and there are any number of pubs that you can go in there. I will check tomorrow which are away fan friendly as I am on a course at the moment with a Donny Rovers Season Ticket holder.

As an alternative for the part from Sheffield to the ground you can get a South Yorkshire Day Tripper for £5.50 which enables you to go on ANY train or bus (or even tram) in the South Yorkshire area.

I purposely left this out, as my understanding was the 75X was a 'special service' put on purely for matchdays, and would therefore not be covered in the SYDT itinerary.

If you could clarify, that would be great :)

Last edited:

I purposely left this out, as my understanding was the 75X was a 'special service' put on purely for matchdays, and would therefore not be covered in the SYDT itinerary.

If you could clarify, that would be great :)

I will ring them tomorrow to clarify.

In any case the 72 and 75 go past the ground, and they are definately included as I have been on them. I think there is one every 20 minutes

im liking these 'local' games, another that will be attended by us

Looks like such a boring ground, see you there.

I will ring them tomorrow to clarify.

In any case the 72 and 75 go past the ground, and they are definately included as I have been on them. I think there is one every 20 minutes

My call today to First buses regarding the "special " bus is that you CAN use the South Yorkshire Day Tripper on these.

Pubs are much as whats already been said. There is The Hyde Park Working Mens club in Nelson Street close to the Carr House Road roundabout that John the guy on the course reckons gives a good welcome to away fans

its not a bad little ground, its new and tidy

1000 more tickets arrived yesterday and I have just got mine :icon_bigg by emailing in and they phoned me up.

There are about 750 left so he said on the phone but they are not posting any more out as I have to pick mine up from Doncaster ticket office.

Last edited:

Just on the phone to the ticket office, apparently they've decided on a whim not to process my pre-ordered ticket. Beyond ****ing useless.

I shall be gracing this match with my presence. Does anyone have a postcode for the satnav?

Will they be on sale on the day and on the gate?

I just thought that the new tickets arriving might mean that this may have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566