Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dour

Not glad to see him back on Saturday.

I reckon he played some of the worst football of his career here and, I guess (but people more in the know may put me right) that CL kept him on to unify the team, teach the incomers what Leicester was all about and to provide leadership. None of which he did - and he fecked off as soon as he had the chance.

His heart never really did seem in it. But then I am not sure whether or not he was just too old.

I thought he came to Leicester to see out his career with his hometown club - I was surprised at his lack of passion and loyalty, maybe that's just me being naive.

I thought he came to Leicester to see out his career with his hometown club - I was surprised at his lack of passion and loyalty, maybe that's just me being naive.

no, he tried to blend in with the crowd

I'll be pleased to see him back in he's playing in defence - surely even our useless feckwits can run circles around a near 40 year old...

I never did get the whole "Dublis is coming home" bo!!ocks. Sure he's from Leicester but it's not as if he's ever talked about being a life long City fan. I'm from North London but I couldn't tell you much about the history or what it means to play for Arsenal or Spurs. Dublin came here for a free ride. If he had any passion for the club or the fans he wouldn't have fecked off to Celtic quick smart when we were deep in the sh!t. Like I said, I would love to see him back playing in defence on Saturday and while I wouldn't give him a hard time I certainly wouldn't give him a good reception.

he only came to leicester cause he was a old feck in football and he was getting good money for his age, he thought he'd never prob play again, what shocked me was fecking celtic taking him off us...i hope he plays in defence and we can rip him apart, lets just defend properly on their set peices.

I think I must be the only one that liked Dion Dublin. He could sense the rot that was inside this club at the time and he is chastised for it.

I don't blame him for getting out when he had the chance, you could clearly see he didn't like what was going on on the pitch at set pieces etc (shrugging shoulders to the bench etc). We all know Levein was a terrible Manager, yet Dublin isn't allowed to think this. Good on him I say

I think I must be the only one that liked Dion Dublin. He could sense the rot that was inside this club at the time and he is chastised for it.

I don't blame him for getting out when he had the chance, you could clearly see he didn't like what was going on on the pitch at set pieces etc (shrugging shoulders to the bench etc). We all know Levein was a terrible Manager, yet Dublin isn't allowed to think this. Good on him I say

Levein is doing OK in Scotland again. Although you may be right about Dublin's views on Levein etc, he should have still done more on the pitch for us.

Levein is doing OK in Scotland again. Although you may be right about Dublin's views on Levein etc, he should have still done more on the pitch for us.
Yes he should, but so should every other player we've ever had since the last relegation.

The fact is Levein had already left when he decided to walk out on us. He is a total charlatan, only came here for the money in my opinion. I hope he plays as well as he did here on Saturday. Judas! Judas! :098:

I thought he would be great for the club, but after a couple af game I realised he was here to see out his career. If I remeber right he was the cause of unrest in the team under MA and never seemed to want to play for Levine. He thought he deserve a coaching role under MA and never forgave him. I was really surprised he never had any passion for his home town club.

Last edited:
Yes he should, but so should every other player we've ever had since the last relegation.

Dublin is one who really could and should have done more, though. He was captain under CL in Tiatto's absence a few times and could have been expected to show a bit of passion and leadership on the pitch.

only came here for the money in my opinion.
I keep hearing this about Dublin from our fans. I find it very funny that we have been known for a number of years as a club with absolutely no money. Some players not so long ago were playing for free because we couldn't afford to pay them, all of the high earners were shipped out after relegation. Yet, Dion Dublin chose to come here for the money :102:

Now, call me naive, but either Dion Dublin is very, very stupid for coming to a club with no money if it was just for the money, we really did have lots of money to spend on wages and the club just didn't tell us, or us fans are fickle and think up any old bollox to justify not liking a particular player.

I don't know the answer

I keep hearing this about Dublin from our fans. I find it very funny that we have been known for a number of years as a club with absolutely no money. Some players not so long ago were playing for free because we couldn't afford to pay them, all of the high earners were shipped out after relegation. Yet, Dion Dublin chose to come here for the money :102:

Now, call me naive, but either Dion Dublin is very, very stupid for coming to a club with no money if it was just for the money, we really did have lots of money to spend on wages and the club just didn't tell us, or us fans are fickle and think up any old bollox to justify not liking a particular player.

I don't know the answer

I don't think people mean he came here for bags of weekly cash. What I've always meant is that he came to City for whatever amount he was being paid, a last hurrah if you like, rather than coming here because he wanted to play for his hometown Club.
As for being fickle, not me really.
Justification for not liking certain players - never really been one for picking on particular players, never seen the point.

I don't think people mean he came here for bags of weekly cash. What I've always meant is that he came to City for whatever amount he was being paid, a last hurrah if you like, rather than coming here because he wanted to play for his hometown Club.
As for being fickle, not me really.
Justification for not liking certain players - never really been one for picking on particular players, never seen the point.
Don't take that post personally Cleefox, it wasn't aimed directly at you, I've just heard that bullshit about the money so many times.

I think Bilborough has it spot on above about seeing out his career and expecting a coaching role. Probably a good idea to give him one in hindsight

Last edited:
Don't take that post personally Cleefox, it wasn't aimed directly at you, I've just heard that bullshit about the money so many times.

I think Bilborough has it spot on above about seeing out his career and expecting a coaching role. Probably a good idea to give him one in hindsight

I wasn't mate, and never would, the board is about discussion and opinions and I would agree with you about the bull about money. Always hear how much the Grimsby players are supposed to be on and I can't believe people think the amounts are true.

Whatever the reason for it, I was gutted that it didn't work out for Dion at City. He could have been the hero we have missed the last few years. But he wasn't. Bugger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669