Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Dion when he was here. He seems to have had a good season at Norwich, I just hope he isn't that good tomorrow!

I keep hearing this about Dublin from our fans. I find it very funny that we have been known for a number of years as a club with absolutely no money. Some players not so long ago were playing for free because we couldn't afford to pay them, all of the high earners were shipped out after relegation. Yet, Dion Dublin chose to come here for the money :102:

Now, call me naive, but either Dion Dublin is very, very stupid for coming to a club with no money if it was just for the money, we really did have lots of money to spend on wages and the club just didn't tell us, or us fans are fickle and think up any old bollox to justify not liking a particular player.

I don't know the answer

The wages what we're offered to him.....we're the best a 36 y-old could get.

His career has been hindered by injuries, but he made a tidy packet out of it for sure!!

Alot of fans laid blame to him for alot of losses at city. I still think he could have been a decent centre back for us! I know he was gutted that city didn't consider him for a major role after CL demise, he will want payback time for that!!

He's having a cracking season at Norwich, he will be a major threat at set pieces

I thought out of the big time older players we have had Dion would have been the best,being a leicester lad etc but nowhere near, I say Les Ferdinand did better than Dion by miles

Last edited:
What about the story that he wanted City to buy him out of his contract even though he had the transfer to Celtic lined up?

What about the story that he wanted City to buy him out of his contract even though he had the transfer to Celtic lined up?

I heard he wanted to be a part of the management setup after CL demise, but city chose RK as temporary\caretaker manager. Dion was miffed and for obvious reaons would be seen as a disruptive force!!!

was he perhaps still a little bitter after not being offered professional terms as a youth?

was he perhaps still a little bitter after not being offered professional terms as a youth?

I heard the same thing, I heard that he was more then capable and things went really well and yet they let him go and after that he was really bitter towards city.

He had a chance to join us when he was at Villa but he chose not to, which lead me to believe that he has no love for city, him joining us was purely financial!!

I heard the same thing, I heard that he was more then capable and things went really well and yet they let him go and after that he was really bitter towards city.

He had a chance to join us when he was at Villa but he chose not to, which lead me to believe that he has no love for city, him joining us was purely financial!!
that goes for most players

He was the most disrespectful, big-headed cnut this season at Tamworth. Showing no respect to their manager, players or fans on their big day on the telly in the FA Cup 3rd Round.

He was there to win a football match, he wasn't there to be all smiley and happy against his opponents.

Very true but the way some fans and especially the media (mercury etc), made out that he was a 'golden local boy', living and dieing for his local team!!
he wasnt local but STEVIE WALSH has been about the only player to do that in recent years and he was shit on by the club IMHO....

Last edited:
he wasnt local but STEVIE WALSH has been about the only player to do that in recent years and he was shit on by the club IMHO....

In fact since the O'Neill era, hasn't the most "pride in the shirt" been shown by:

Lilian
Joey G
Danny T

None of them even local to this Archepeligo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669