Edgar Davids on his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spending £1M on a bloke who never plays a game would be beneficial? That's some great kind of logic you're using there!
Maybe they think the exposure the club would get, and the associated potential of signing a better class of player in January having already signed a player like Davids, is worth a million?

I'll eat my hat if they pull it off - I'm sure we're being used to bid against by someone else. And if they do, the chances of him getting fit, getting games, and being any good, are remote at best. But if they do pull it off, I think just on star value alone it could be worth it.

It'll be a bit of a laugh, at least. :icon_bigg

I think Mandy has mentioned his name to Nigel, NP has said 'I like the idea, but he has to be fit and prove himself on a one-year's contract which won't pay him more than our high-end earners' and then proceeded on trying to bring him to the club....

So there.

I think Mandy has mentioned his name to Nigel, NP has said 'I like the idea, but he has to be fit and prove himself on a one-year's contract which won't pay him more than our high-end earners' and then proceeded on trying to bring him to the club....

So there.

I think that is the most sensible post in this whole thread!

I think that is the most sensible post in this whole thread!

Shit, really? In that case:

Tits. Joey. Ooooooooo little man, little man whacha gonna' do when they come for you...Ooooo twig, twig, twig. It's coming up to your time of year twig, lonely like a shadow, feeding from the tree.....Bakery? Bakery? It's never time for that. Get some Minestrone. Oooooo, I like the croutons.

When interviewed on sky,Mandaric said his wages would be no were near the £20,000 a week that had been banded around.

Any way does not matter what he earns really, our gates will cover that.Our gates will surpass the 28,000 mark every game if he signs,and that will be more than enough to cover his wages.

Nice link.

So it seems that this definately is a MM signing but it has NP's blessing so its ok :)

Im worried though, sounds like were not the only team in the market, Davids might be put off by a performance based contract and only a 1 year deal.

I suspect most 36 year olds who havent kicked a ball for 18 months would be tbf.

Even at 10% of what he once was, he'd still be a class above what we have, and most of what is in this division.

Get it done :)

I'm afraid that at 10% of whatever he once was that he wouldn't get a kick. It just doesn't work like that. Once you are gone - you are gone and any player of 36 who hasn't played or prepared for 12 months isn't going to do it - except perhaps in the movies.

He may still be very fit and he would be used for his ball skills which you do not lose, well not in a year anyway, if he is still fit. He was never a box to box player.

I would love to hear Stelling say 'there's been a goal at the Walkers, It's Davids!!!!'

You wouldn't even need your radio turned on to hear Stringer every time he touches the ball!

Spending £1M on a bloke who never plays a game would be beneficial? That's some great kind of logic you're using there!

What does it matter how much is being paid? At the end of the day it's not my money but Milans and it's up to him how much he pays.
People go on about Kaebi, but there was a lot more to that deal than people realise.

I would love to see Davids play again, and it being in a blue shirt. We are never going to get people of his quality playing for us whilst in their prime, only at the very end of his career, even if only for a few games it would be well worth it. We don't know what doors it could open, afterwards he could be recommending young up and coming players to sign for us etc etc.

What does it matter how much is being paid? At the end of the day it's not my money but Milans and it's up to him how much he pays.
People go on about Kaebi, but there was a lot more to that deal than people realise.

I would love to see Davids play again, and it being in a blue shirt. We are never going to get people of his quality playing for us whilst in their prime, only at the very end of his career, even if only for a few games it would be well worth it. We don't know what doors it could open, afterwards he could be recommending young up and coming players to sign for us etc etc.

Like the Roberto Mancini farce was well worth it? What doors did that open?

I suppose I must be happy that you do at least envisage us getting a few games out of him and not, like the previous poster, feeling that zero games would be good value.

You will not be surprised to learn that I hope he gets fixed up elsewhere.

For once, I agree with BG :icon_wink

Imagine you're an academy player right now - I bet they're pissing themselves with excitement at the possibility of hanging out with Edgar Davids. Our new wayward prospect, with Chris Powell as his mentor, and who's this just popping by, it's ony Edgar flippin Davids to see how it's going. If that doesn't inspire him...

I think it could be great, and it will, of course, never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669