Edgar Davids on his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ewwwww !

I like it.

No reason not to...:icon_bigg

I can assure you it most certainly does not !!! :icon_lol:

Does not vibrate, does that mean you help? :icon_wink

You like to take more of a 'hands-on' approach do you Cate?

Oh, i think so...:icon_cool

Sod off you perv :icon_lol:

She knows you want to watch...:icon_razz

You may soon be able to get little goggles to put on them

It could prove uncomfortable though...:102:

I'll take that as a 'Yes' :)

Correct!

I cannot believe people are making comparisons with the likes of Dennis Wise and Paul Dickov just because of age. Davids is head and shoulders above these types of players.

I cannot believe people are making comparisons with the likes of Dennis w*s* and Paul Dickov just because of age. Davids is head and shoulders above these types of players.

Couldn't agree more. Dickov, even at the height of his career was no better than an above-average player who never made it at a big club in England and was not even a regular in the Scotland national team.

w*s* had a more high-profile career given he played for Chelsea and got in the England team, but that being said, he was by no means an England regular and for the majority of his time at Chelsea there were little more than an average top-flight team. Towards the end under Vialli and Gullit they may have flirted with the top of the Premier League but just a few years before that they were nowhere near.

Davids, on the other hand has played for some of the biggest clubs in world football. Neither Dickov or w*s* were ever good enough to play for the two Milan clubs, Barcelona or Juventus.

Last edited:
Lets be honest. The guy has played at the San Siro, the Della Alpi, the Amsterdam Arena, and Camp Nou...

The only one missing from that list is the Walkers Stadium.

I don't think he'll be able to look back on a fulfilled career until his face is up there on the boards alongside Shilts, Banks, Lineker and company as an LCFC legend.

At the risk of contradicting myself and pointing out the potential negative in this signing, surely Bruno N'Gotty would be a better comparison as a signing than Dickov and the Hobbit?

Last edited:
Davids, on the other hand has played for some of the biggest clubs in world football. Neither Dickov or w*s* were ever good enough to play for the two Milan clubs, Barcelona or Juventus.

Quite.

Denis Law was also good enough to star with the likes of Man U and alsoTorino when they were top class - but I'm not sure that it would be best to throw him the Leicester No 10 shirt now.

Going back to your earlier post, my recollection is that towards the end of his spell with Spurs, David's legs seemed to have gone and he was playing more cameo roles.

I think that years ago you could actually get away with this sort of move. Stan Matthews returning to Stoke when he was about 50 and helping to get them promoted; Dave McKay going late in his career and doing brilliantly for Derby........but not, in my opinion these days, the pace of the game is just so much faster for a 36 year old to return to the game as it is now after a year doing whatever.

****ing hell, chill out mate. Davids has dreadlocks, a style of haircut that is associated closely with Rastafarians. Harbs never said that Davids was a Rastafarian, just that he wanted to get a Rastafarian wig.

Jumping down people's throats and calling them twats for making harmless, inoffensive comments makes you look a twat, just so you know.

Hey, if you think I was out of order, then I apologise. The low-level, casual racism on this forum bothers me so perhaps I was a little oversensitive then.

There are two things which point to this being a purely Mandaric / financial decision rather than a Pearson / footballing one...

1) This report in the Mercury yesterday:

Mandaric has confirmed a group of businessman have been at the Walkers Stadium to discuss "marketing possibilities".

He said: "The group is helping us review our marketing possibilities, our international exposure and to raise money through the assets of the club."

Mandaric said he would "never rule anything out" as he looks at ways of boosting the finances of the club.

2) Pearson refuses to confirm that he personally is interested in signing Davids, and skirts around the question by simply saying "there has been interest".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/8317903.stm

Maybe I'm looking into things too much? Either way, I hope I'm wrong.

Hey, if you think I was out of order, then I apologise. The low-level, casual racism on this forum bothers me so perhaps I was a little oversensitive then.

Please report it to the Mods via the mechanism to the left of the post rather than you stewing over it. :icon_wink

From my point of view Harbro-Fox is thoughtless and his dodgy grammar may have added to the confusion. If I thought he was genuinely being racist then I would delete the post. I read his original comment as being directed at homer rather Davids.

For the record I will buy a Davids shirt if he come to City though I am not sure the Club has one in my size. :icon_conf

Last edited:
There are two things which point to this being a purely Mandaric / financial decision rather than a Pearson / footballing one...

1) This report in the Mercury yesterday:

Mandaric has confirmed a group of businessman have been at the Walkers Stadium to discuss "marketing possibilities".

He said: "The group is helping us review our marketing possibilities, our international exposure and to raise money through the assets of the club."

Mandaric said he would "never rule anything out" as he looks at ways of boosting the finances of the club.

2) Pearson refuses to confirm that he personally is interested in signing Davids, and skirts around the question by simply saying "there has been interest".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/8317903.stm

Maybe I'm looking into things too much? Either way, I hope I'm wrong.

His interview as shown on BBC East Midlands seemed to suggest to me that he was fully engaged in the process. :102:

His interview as shown on BBC East Midlands seemed to suggest to me that he was fully engaged in the process. :102:

That interview didn't show him being asked if he was personally interested though. That's the bit that got my attention.

Mind you, Pearson isn't exactly the sort of manager which gives much away.

Perhaps I am just being overly sceptical.

I'm not meaning to be negative by the way. It's pretty exciting, but I just need to hear that Pearson is 100% behind this signing (still a big IF at the minute of course).

That interview didn't show him being asked if he was personally interested though.

Surely that's implied? He's the manager and deals with transfers - I really have no idea why people think Milan would start sticking his nose in and trying to sign players when he's never done it during Nigel's time in charge and at a time when he is supposed to be doing all he can to keep Pearson at the club.

Besides, when was the last time you heard a reporter ask "We hear the club are interested in signing Player X, but are you personally interested in signing him?"

Pearson does not exactly wear his heart on his sleeve. Many of his signings came out of the blue and we did not even have them on this forum's rumour radar.

On that basis I am surprised he is even acknowledging that any talks have taken place, yet alone whether it was his or Milan's idea.

Pearson does not exactly wear his heart on his sleeve. Many of his signings came out of the blue and we did not even have them on this forum's rumour radar.

On that basis I am surprised he is even acknowledging that any talks have taken place, yet alone whether it was his or Milan's idea.

Good point, and normally when Milan tells the media that we are in interested in a player it normally doesn't happen - Riordan, Saganowski, Hasselbaink immediately spring to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669