Edgar Davids on his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way Mandaric would do this over NP's head and risk upsetting him IMO.

NP may not be as keen, but perhaps the business people have pointed out the merits in such a signing?

Ithink Nigel Pearson has the final say on if he wants the player,Mandaric tried to bring Savage to the club but Nigel said no thanks.

The Mercury claim NP is trying to entice him, but I suspect MM has played a major role in getting things to where they are now.

Of course he has. we all know that Mandaric has played a role in trying to sign players before, theres no reason to suspect that he hasn't done it again. lets just hope he's learnt his lesson that he will get nowhere trying to force players upon his manager, and that NP has the final say.

I hope Mandaric has realised that some of his "interference" during the MA2 era disrupted the team more than did it good.

Lets just hope Big Nige has the final say.

I think it's quite obvious that he has realised he made mistakes in this regard.

Just enjoy the fact you can have Davids on the back of your shirt and stop worriying.

Can understand some of the concerns that he is way past it, but it will still be a major coup and he is a true professional who will have kept himself in top condition. I think his presence, influence and professionalism will be invaluable to the squad.

This is Edgar Davids whom in his prime was one of the top central midfielders in World football, he is still 36 which means he could have a couple more years of competitive football in him. I cannot see how he can be compared to previous failures like N'Gotty or Kishishev the guy is far and away a better player and I am convinced he would be a success at our club. Look at Chris Powell, whom at 40 is still having a positive influence at the club and showed last season that he still had something to offer.

Would be a brilliant signing to galvanise the club and push onto bigger and better things.

A 36 year old Davids would surely challenge King, Oakley, Wellens and Clemence for a starting place in central midfield.

A 36 year old Davids would surely challenge King, Oakley, Wellens and Clemence for a starting place in central midfield.

To be fair, I reckon a 56 year old Davids might be able to do that in some cases.....

Can understand some of the concerns that he is way past it, but it will still be a major coup and he is a true professional who will have kept himself in top condition. I think his presence, influence and professionalism will be invaluable to the squad.

This is Edgar Davids whom in his prime was one of the top central midfielders in World football, he is still 36 which means he could have a couple more years of competitive football in him. I cannot see how he can be compared to previous failures like N'Gotty or Kishishev the guy is far and away a better player and I am convinced he would be a success at our club. Look at Chris Powell, whom at 40 is still having a positive influence at the club and showed last season that he still had something to offer.

Would be a brilliant signing to galvanise the club and push onto bigger and better things.

Davids is well known for having been a disruptive influence in the past, so i wouldn't be praising his proffesionalism if i were you.

What an unreal story! I really hope we can pull it off as it would be a very good signing even at his age. Saying that though him and Wellens are very similar and Wellens can't be dropped.

What an unreal story! I really hope we can pull it off as it would be a very good signing even at his age. Saying that though him and Wellens are very similar and Wellens can't be dropped.

You are actually saying that Edgar Davids and Wellens are similar players.

That's funny.

I think it's quite obvious that he has realised he made mistakes in this regard.

Just enjoy the fact you can have Davids on the back of your shirt and stop worriying.

I'm just a little pessemistic I suppose. I also hope we don't make the silly mistake of putting a clause in his contract saying he has to play a certain percentage of games.

I do think it is exciting that he could be on his way, though. And if anyone can swing it, Mandybobs would be the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669