Edgar Davids on his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
News of the press straight from the Netherlands,

This story broke onto the back pages of every paper within the last 2 hours, some are saying that they are in "advance talks", some papers say "done deal".

David’s is a Legend here in Holland, his first spell with Ajax went great and his second spell wasn't as good, he had a few contract offers from teams in the Netherlands but rejected because let’s face it playing championship football is better this league here.

The fact that he is in talk with Leicester city is superb for me because now a lot of people know who Leicester City are and where they are so now we are on the map!!

Speaking to a few Dutch fans who seen him week in week out for his second spell agree that he has still got it and his technical ability and creativity is great, his work rate is really high, but he does lack in some places.

The biggest problem we could face is "Is Edger David’s bigger than Leicester City" if so then he will flop, I for one trust NP signings and if he has come out and he is actually opted to sign him then I think he will do great for us, but I would only keep him till the end of the season and see how he gets on.

I have met him on a few occasions and he is a great bloke!

I can assure all member of the forum that my poor spelling of the word ' Worrying' in a previous post was a typo.

Your's Transexually

Lako

This story broke onto the back pages of every paper within the last 2 hours, some are saying that they are in "advance talks", some papers say "done deal".

David’s is a Legend here in Holland, his first spell with Ajax went great and his second spell wasn't as good, he had a few contract offers from teams in the Netherlands but rejected because let’s face it playing championship football is better this league here.

The fact that he is in talk with Leicester city is superb for me because now a lot of people know who Leicester City are and where they are so now we are on the map!!

Speaking to a few Dutch fans who seen him week in week out for his second spell agree that he has still got it and his technical ability and creativity is great, his work rate is really high, but he does lack in some places.

The biggest problem we could face is "Is Edger David’s bigger than Leicester City" if so then he will flop, I for one trust NP signings and if he has come out and he is actually opted to sign him then I think he will do great for us, but I would only keep him till the end of the season and see how he gets on.

I have met him on a few occasions and he is a great bloke!

Lovely to have a Dutch correspondent. Keep us updated Spanky.

Lovely to have a Dutch correspondent. Keep us updated Spanky.

I'm gobsmacked. Perhaps he could be an extra step towards the play offs and promotion. He might be a bit slow these days, but surely his class would dominate the middle of the park.

I will believe it when i see it though. Watch hulll, wigan and the like come in now.

Does the Dutch press mention Portsmouth?

Does the Dutch press mention Portsmouth?

Nothing about Portsmouth, a line said portsmouth dropped there interest over the weekend, Also there was a funny line that said something like " Why go to portsmouth you are better off staying here" haha.

I will keep you guys posted but if it makes it on the www.nu.nl means its pretty serious, also his car has been spotted in leicester apparently - his english number plate is something like "EDG 9AR" so they say a BMW X5 if you wanted to know by any chance.

Nothing about Portsmouth, a line said portsmouth dropped there interest over the weekend, Also there was a funny line that said something like " Why go to portsmouth you are better off staying here" haha.

I will keep you guys posted but if it makes it on the www.nu.nl means its pretty serious, also his car has been spotted in leicester apparently - his english number plate is something like "EDG 9AR" so they say a BMW X5 if you wanted to know by any chance.

You mean if it makes it here: http://www.nu.nl/sport/2106468/davids-in-gesprek-met-leicester-city.html

There is a channel like skysports called Sport 1. He was ment to be on there tonight to talk about Champions league one of the pundits but it's been changed so something could be going on, he is also ment to be a Pundit on another channel for Ajax game tomorrow.

Any translation of what that article says?

Any new info, since you said that site is usually reliable?

Davids......yer havin a laugh........... did'nt inspire Spurs too much in his two years there when much younger, and this is a tough aggressive league which incidently he did'nt like too much of in the Prem

Any translation of what that article says?

Any new info, since you said that site is usually reliable?

Translation:
AMSTERDAM - Edgar Davids in talks with Leicester City over a possible transfer, as Sky Sports reported Wednesday.
© ANPDe 36-year-old, who recently saw a transfer to Vitesse stranded, since the summer of 2008 club charge.

Portsmouth could also compete for the favors of the former international. David was the last under contract with Ajax.

Since mid 2008's David looking for a new club. Leicester City is currently active in the English Championship.

The midfielder played in his rich career for AC Milan, Juventus, FC Barcelona, Internazionale and Tottenham Hotspur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669