Emile Heskey - surely Mandaric should bring him back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets get Andy Pipkin (little britain), Ronaldo (fat one, we would only have to pay him enough for a hotdog and chips at half time), Messi, Kaka, Roger Milla and Rene Higuita

I'm dissapointed that we never tried to sign Joe Cole, especially as he was on a free transfer. Just goes to show the lack of ambition at the club.

Mandaric off on a safari; a bit of instability cos of change in managers and we allow Liverpool to step in a make a deal.

No doubt Cole was hoping to link up again with Harry Worley at The Walkers - but the moment was missed.

To be honest, I can also see us missing out on Torres.

ant_humor.jpg

He's retired from England duty and is on the market for £2m - with Blackburn bidding.
He'd be exceptional in the championship and would do a lot of good work for Fryatt, Gallagher and Campbell (a great trio if Campbell sorts his head out)
He stumped up cash when we were in the mire and is the sort of person we need back at the club to get us back into the premier league.
Get him in Paulo!

Great post from Sparky

A player of his experience, Heskey would run riot against Championship defenders and likely have a 12-15 goal season. As per Spaky's point, Heskey's robust style of play & skilfull flick-ons would help DJ & Fryatt to the 20 goal mark

I have never forgotten Heskey coughing up $100,000 out of his own pocket when at Liverpool to help keep LCFC afloat when we were in deep sh*t financially

He is a class act & a much maligned & under-rated centre forward, plus LCFC through & through

I say sign Heskey as the catayst to a promotion winning season...... light the blue touch paper and watch him go!

People can start whatever threads they want to, if you don't find that topic of interest then leave it well alone, certainly better than seeming all smug about it and giving people a hard time.

I don't see the people complaining starting any quality threads.

Well said Lako

Leicester fans used to be cool.. now if complaining & whinging was worth a quid a time, there'd be more than a few millionaires on ths site.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE A POST IGNORE IT and allow those that do, have a say. Taking the time to come on a thread and complain about it's validity is a b*tch move in my book

IF YOU DON'T LIKE A POST IGNORE IT

So let me get this straight. In your very odd world, if you don't agree with a post you're not allowed to say so?

:icon_conf

Doesn't that mean that the forum would just fill up with all kinds of lunacy?

Well said Lako

Leicester fans used to be cool.. now if complaining & whinging was worth a quid a time, there'd be more than a few millionaires on ths site.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE A POST IGNORE IT and allow those that do, have a say. Taking the time to come on a thread and complain about it's validity is a b*tch move in my book

Surely that's the whole point of the 'discussion' that people keep harping on about. Otherwise it's just a load of happy pixies posting suggestions and then believing that they might be realistic.

I reserve the right to complain about the validity of a completely crazy suggestion*. If you don't like it, just ignore the post and allow us pessimists to complain at will.

*Cue Heskey signing tomorrow!

Future possible threads:

Robbie Savage - he cud do a job!!!!11!
Gary Lineker - is he too old?
Mark Davies - why did he leave for the Prem?!
Matty Piper - is he fit yet
C Ronaldo - he's Portugese, so PS must be his m8!

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

So let me get this straight. In your very odd world, if you don't agree with a post you're not allowed to say so?

:icon_conf

That is not what he said Boc, if people don't agree that Heskey would be a good signing then fine, express that view in a way that builds the discussion. Too many people just seem happy to come on to a thread and entirely rip it to pieces without any real input on the actual topic.

Im sure the people who consider themselves to be above the likes of Sparky in the upper echelons of this forum are quite capable of leaving a thread alone if they have no constructive views toward it.

The smug attitude of some people on here who constantly look to put certain other members down on a regular basis is starting to get very tedious and I would imagine makes some members less active than they really wish to be.

If someone wants Heskey back at city then fine let them have a say on that, if you want to reply in a totally sarcastic and stuck up manner like the below quted post then skip the thread entirely, you add nothing to it.

"But what you think we should do is irrelevant. You are not the manager or the chairman of this football club, so picking out names from a that we should sign is just dream world nonsense.

It's a discussion for the happy little elves outside their giant castle in la la fantasy land, not a perfectly legitimate thread at all."

A rambling of a stuck up person who seems to think he holds more sway on this forum than he actually does, no doubt he will be along to reply to this, Im just wondering why he came back into the thread at all after writing such a post, he clearly isn't interested in it, maybe it's to see who agreed with his reclusiive views so he can vigerously masterbate over the personal acclaim from the other negative monkeys.

"But what you think we should do is irrelevant. You are not the manager or the chairman of this football club, so picking out names from a that we should sign is just dream world nonsense.

It's a discussion for the happy little elves outside their giant castle in la la fantasy land, not a perfectly legitimate thread at all."

A rambling of a stuck up person who seems to think he holds more sway on this forum than he actually does, no doubt he will be along to reply to this, Im just wondering why he came back into the thread at all after writing such a post, he clearly isn't interested in it, maybe it's to see who agreed with his reclusiive views so he can vigerously masterbate over the personal acclaim from the other negative monkeys.

But to be fair, and to keep it in context, the post you're quoting is a response to the original poster declaring that it is a "perfectly legitimate thread", when nobody had made any statement on the legitimacy of the thread.
Nobody had said that the thread shouldn't have been started, before the original poster went on the defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669