Emile Heskey - surely Mandaric should bring him back

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what you think we should do is irrelevant. You are not the manager or the chairman of this football club, so picking out names from a that we should sign is just dream world nonsense.

It's a discussion for the happy little elves outside their giant castle in la la fantasy land, not a perfectly legitimate thread at all.

what a load of old horse shit! without different opinions this site would just be a report of anything that happened to Leicester City. That would be awesome wouldn't it! I happen to think we should try and sign Heskey if he leaves Villa - what a pillock/fantasist i must be! players never return to their old, hometown clubs when they get to 32 odd and want their last 3 year contract! Call the men in white coats!
pre match threads would be great in the 'you're not allowed an opinion unless you're the manager' talking balls site - 'let's not discuss who we'd like to play or what the result might be- let's just wait until the game starts and list the facts! Without 'talking' the site would just be called 'Balls' - which is what i believe your opinion to be...

what a load of old horse shit! without different opinions this site would just be a report of anything that happened to Leicester City. That would be awesome wouldn't it! I happen to think we should try and sign Heskey if he leaves Villa - what a pillock/fantasist i must be! players never return to their old, hometown clubs when they get to 32 odd and want their last 3 year contract! Call the men in white coats!
pre match threads would be great in the 'you're not allowed an opinion unless you're the manager' talking balls site - 'let's not discuss who we'd like to play or what the result might be- let's just wait until the game starts and list the facts! Without 'talking' the site would just be called 'Balls' - which is what i believe your opinion to be...

I think the rest of the utter bollocks that is posted tends to be regarding a player currently at our club or who has been linked with us...leaving it to be accepted for discussion. Admittedly most links are thought up by lazy journalists or jas.

Of course we don't just report things on here and can post opinions on here, we've just had a whole 16 threads about how we all feel about DJ Campbell. The difference is that is relevant something will happen with that, so it's there to have an opinion on.

Asking whether or not we should sign Heskey isn't something to have an opinion on because it's a topic you've just simply invented. If there was genuine talk on the possibility of Heskey being signed then nobody would have any problem on people discussing whether or not we should sign him or not, but you just picked a name out a hat and said we should sign him.

It's not an opinion or a discussion point, it's just an inane idea that is completely pointless. If I posted a thread saying "I think we should sign Matt Mills because he's awesome" would you really take it seriously? It's simply not something to give opinions on because it's just a completely random fantasy idea pulled out the sky. Why do you seriously expect people to take this seriously as a topic of discussion when there is no topic to discuss?

And yes, personally I find the idea of people posting who they think should start matches just as bizarre and just people living out some delusional fantasy that they wish they were manager of our club.

Of course we don't just report things on here and can post opinions on here, we've just had a whole 16 threads about how we all feel about DJ Campbell. The difference is that is relevant something will happen with that, so it's there to have an opinion on.

Asking whether or not we should sign Heskey isn't something to have an opinion on because it's a topic you've just simply invented. If there was genuine talk on the possibility of Heskey being signed then nobody would have any problem on people discussing whether or not we should sign him or not, but you just picked a name out a hat and said we should sign him.

It's not an opinion or a discussion point, it's just an inane idea that is completely pointless. If I posted a thread saying "I think we should sign Matt Mills because he's awesome" would you really take it seriously? It's simply not something to give opinions on because it's just a completely random fantasy idea pulled out the sky. Why do you seriously expect people to take this seriously as a topic of discussion when there is no topic to discuss?

And yes, personally I find the idea of people posting who they think should start matches just as bizarre and just people living out some delusional fantasy that they wish they were manager of our club.

I think it's fair enough personally...

People post up predictions/opinions on starting lineup, because they're saying what they feel is our best team for the game.

I think that is a discussion point definetely, because it's people's opinions on who's in better form, better suited to that game etc

Even with posts like this.... it is something that people can give opinions on, because really the discussion is would Heskey be good signing for us now/could we sign Heskey? (albeit that's a pretty limited discussion, but discussion nonetheless)

You say about the DJ posts... that's been discussed to death because it seems to be one of the few "acceptable" topics to discuss.
There's not exactly a lot going on at the minute to talk about, so I don't really see why people have a problem with threads like this. And if you really do, you don't have to read it or contribute to it, but others may wish to discuss it.

Otherwise every post is just about the same thing and is onto the repetitive in-forum jokes within about 5 replies at the minute...

And, Heskey would be an awesome signing for any club at this level.... but there's not a chance in hell of it happening.

And, Heskey would be an awesome signing for any club at this level.... but there's not a chance in hell of it happening.

You know, I also think that his old England strike partner, W Rooney, would also regain his goal scoring form in the Championship. Better still bring in both Emile and Roo - Heskey could show Rooney around all the Leicester hot spots. He'd soon get over leaving the Premiership.

Why isn't Mandaric on the phone to their agents right now?

Seriously, we will one day be able to bring back Heskey. Unfortunately he's not old enough yet - give it about another 3 or 4 years.

People can start whatever threads they want to, if you don't find that topic of interest then leave it well alone, certainly better than seeming all smug about it and giving people a hard time.

I don't see the people complaining starting any quality threads.

People can start whatever threads they want to, if you don't find that topic of interest then leave it well alone, certainly better than seeming all smug about it and giving people a hard time.

I don't see the people complaining starting any quality threads.

But that's not as fun as being all smug about it and giving people a hard time for living in a fantasy world. Killjoy.

:icon_wink

I'd like to see us sign Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard, The Rock, Steven Segal and the woman from Terminator 3.

I'm dissapointed that we never tried to sign Joe Cole, especially as he was on a free transfer. Just goes to show the lack of ambition at the club.

I'd like to see us sign Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard, The Rock, Steven Segal and the woman from Terminator 3.

The actual Terminator or the vet that gets swept along with John Conner? I want to know because the Terminator lady would rip your nads off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670