Emile Heskey - surely Mandaric should bring him back

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not what he said Boc, if people don't agree that Heskey would be a good signing then fine, express that view in a way that builds the discussion. Too many people just seem happy to come on to a thread and entirely rip it to pieces without any real input on the actual topic.

Im sure the people who consider themselves to be above the likes of Sparky in the upper echelons of this forum are quite capable of leaving a thread alone if they have no constructive views toward it.

The smug attitude of some people on here who constantly look to put certain other members down on a regular basis is starting to get very tedious and I would imagine makes some members less active than they really wish to be.

If someone wants Heskey back at city then fine let them have a say on that, if you want to reply in a totally sarcastic and stuck up manner like the below quted post then skip the thread entirely, you add nothing to it.

"But what you think we should do is irrelevant. You are not the manager or the chairman of this football club, so picking out names from a that we should sign is just dream world nonsense.

It's a discussion for the happy little elves outside their giant castle in la la fantasy land, not a perfectly legitimate thread at all."

A rambling of a stuck up person who seems to think he holds more sway on this forum than he actually does, no doubt he will be along to reply to this, Im just wondering why he came back into the thread at all after writing such a post, he clearly isn't interested in it, maybe it's to see who agreed with his reclusiive views so he can vigerously masterbate over the personal acclaim from the other negative monkeys.

Well said.

I'm sure Boc will be along shortly to intentionally read something completely different into your post, in an attempt to be both 'funny' and 'controversial' in keeping with the actions of the 'inner circle' whilst really only achieving the goal of looking like a boring old ....

Last edited:
That is not what he said Boc

With respect, that is exactly what Wombat said; I quoted his words. In my view it is ridiculous to allow outlandish and unreasonable statements to go unchallenged, which is exactly what Wombat is requesting/demanding. I repeat his words:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE A POST IGNORE IT

People have just as much right to respond to comments as the OP has to post them in the first place.

I think that the points made by Lako42 and Fox Fan about the unkindness of putting people down through sarcasm are quite reasonable.....on the otherhand those who have absurd ideas about the capacity of the club to bring in players whose wages/ transfer fees are quite beyond it means do rather ask for it.

I have been known to deal in a bit of sarcasm but where I would draw the line is trying to aim that sarcasm/ irony at the specific post rather than the poster. Sometimes, people have been known to engage in what I regard as personal abuse rather than criticising posts - and I think that is going too far.

'tis the right of every true football fan to dream about signing big name players (especially former legends), and then going on to sneak into the top four of the Prem and then to the Champions League. It's the utter madness of football, where the reality of the situation rarely rears its ugly head.

We all do it, in some way - but we all know deep down that we are living on fantasy island if we think, or speak, this type of cobblers, and are ripe for having the piss taken out of us when we do

It's the type of stupid conversation you have down the pub after a few pints, and where it is usually fair game when someone calls you a twat for saying stupid things

It's therefore a completely legitimate thread on what is generally a light-hearted City forum full of stuff and nonsense, and it is equally legitimate to have a relatively light-hearted go at someone for suggesting it

Chill out and have a sandwich, or something :icon_roll

If the thread was to discuss the possibility of signing Heskey (which the title certainly suggests is the case) then it should have closed after post 4. If the thread was to discuss if members of the forum would like to see Heskey back in a blue shirt (which seems to be some posters argument ) then the title of the thread should have reflected that.

'tis the right of every true football fan to dream about signing big name players (especially former legends), and then going on to sneak into the top four of the Prem and then to the Champions League. It's the utter madness of football, where the reality of the situation rarely rears its ugly head.

We all do it, in some way - but we all know deep down that we are living on fantasy island if we think, or speak, this type of cobblers, and are ripe for having the piss taken out of us when we do

It's the type of stupid conversation you have down the pub after a few pints, and where it is usually fair game when someone calls you a twat for saying stupid things

It's therefore a completely legitimate thread on what is generally a light-hearted City forum full of stuff and nonsense, and it is equally legitimate to have a relatively light-hearted go at someone for suggesting it

Chill out and have a sandwich, or something :icon_roll

Yes

I heard the rumour that Heskey was coming back before the World Cup and our change of manager. I thought it was perhaps wildly optimistic but not silly in the sense of bidding for Rooney,
It seems a fairly harmless thread and the bile aimed at Sparky over it is rather disappointing.

You remind me of Fludie, a compulsive liar :icon_wink
At least with Fludie you know he doesn't expect to he taken seriously.

Anyway, here's a bet for you. I've just stuck £15,000 at 3-1 on Steven Gerrard saying 'eeeehhhhm' at least 2,000 times in televised interviews this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669