Empty Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
life blood of the team? 3 or 4 matches errrrmmmmm

Yes.My point being that 3 or 4 matches would be all a lot of people would be able to afford after the price hikes on gaining promotion.Plus matches against attractive opposition would be bought up so quickly most people wouldnt get a look in.
very different game to the one I originally fell in love with sadly.

I remember the Cardiff playoff leg, seeing empty seats and just feeling angry.

Too right.... GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Err... wot are we angry about exactly???? People who dont wanna spend loadsa their own money not spending it????????

Or somethign else :icon_conf

I'm angry about Bob dot bob dot bob dot com. And people who use too many question marks.

There's a clue there innit?

We're all happy for you Joe_

Webbo - the fact that this is one of my memories makes me feel uneasy - are you spying on me?:icon_conf

I suppose that the empty seats will be filled when more success is shown on the pitch. Granted we had a great season last season, and the League 1 campaign was good fun to watch, but go back three or four years and it was utter, absolute dogshit. People will remember that.
The 4 seasons prior to our League 1 campaign had an average of over 3000 more attending each game.
The first couple of years at the Walkers almost fulfilled the potential of the stadium, so the pricing must have been close. Since that time the bean counters have got it consistently wrong. Initiatives have got to be implemented so that the stadium is full, e.g. ST holders get a free ticket, fans' fixtures, buy 1 get £2 off next game (present this stub and get £4 off, etc) and reducing GS prices.
I agree with City-Faithful that success will fill the seats, however with a better pricing structure those seats will be filled beforehand.
Only when we start turning people away at the turnstile will we have achieved our first step towards the owners desire to expand the stadium to 42000.

The 4 seasons prior to our League 1 campaign had an average of over 3000 more attending each game.
The first couple of years at the Walkers almost fulfilled the potential of the stadium, so the pricing must have been close. Since that time the bean counters have got it consistently wrong. Initiatives have got to be implemented so that the stadium is full, e.g. ST holders get a free ticket, fans' fixtures, buy 1 get £2 off next game (present this stub and get £4 off, etc) and reducing GS prices.
I agree with City-Faithful that success will fill the seats, however with a better pricing structure those seats will be filled beforehand.
Only when we start turning people away at the turnstile will we have achieved our first step towards the owners desire to expand the stadium to 42000.

There's only one way that ticket prices will go from here onwards, especially if we get promoted.

Yes.My point being that 3 or 4 matches would be all a lot of people would be able to afford after the price hikes on gaining promotion.Plus matches against attractive opposition would be bought up so quickly most people wouldnt get a look in.
very different game to the one I originally fell in love with sadly.

they should what they do for wembley on big matches , priority to season tickets then go on the amount of games people have been to that season,
i agree its not fair that people only go and see the big teams but never go to support on the smaller fixtures,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669