Eng v SA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pattinson looks to have played his only test.

Much that I support him, Broady's not taking enough wickets really. Ok as a number 8 with Flintoff, Sidebottom and Anderson but can't carry both him and the roofer.

This is like torture, we could bowl all 5 days and not get them out.

Pattinson has done ok tbf but I still dont like his selection. I dont like horses for courses selections. I like Hoggard and dont know hes done to be cast out? If we did have to pick someone new then I dont like us ignoring young talent for 30 year old aussies.

I think our main problem at the moment is variation in attack. Some reverse swing would be nice. Broad is a bit of a nothing bowler atm. Panesar has been poor.

Pattinson has done ok tbf but I still dont like his selection. I dont like horses for courses selections. I like Hoggard and dont know hes done to be cast out? If we did have to pick someone new then I dont like us ignoring young talent for 30 year old aussies.

I think our main problem at the moment is variation in attack. Some reverse swing would be nice. Broad is a bit of a nothing bowler atm. Panesar has been poor.

Its not the pitch for a spinner.

England 50-2 still need 269 to make SA bat again. We need to bat the whole day if we are going to stand any chance of setting them a score. If we can set them a half decent score you never know what could happen on a 5th day pitch!

The problem of playing back to back tests.

130-4

KP gifting his wicket away just before lunch, be surprised if we managed to last until tea, nevermind the rest of the day

186-6

Flintoff is trying his best to play defensive but cant stop himself having a swing at Harris. Can we make the end of the day?

220-7

Ambrose out. SA have the new ball, surely they will skittle us out soon!

237-7 - Good to see Freddie back with a bit of form

For sure but he has to be our best skipper? I wouldnt like to see Cook, Strauss or Pietersen distracted by the captaincy personally.

Some of our players seem to have forgot how to build an innings.
Whilst its fashionable to score at nearly 4 runs an over, its no use if your being beaten within 4 days. KP was out for 13 off 5 balls, when 3 hours at the crease for a 50 off 150 would have been much more beneficial.

Some of our players seem to have forgot how to build an innings.
Whilst its fashionable to score at nearly 4 runs an over, its no use if your being beaten within 4 days. KP was out for 13 off 5 balls, when 3 hours at the crease for a 50 off 150 would have been much more beneficial.

Totally agree, KP looked an idiot and will receive plenty of stick until the next test. Cook and Anderson had the right approach and almost lasted until lunch, its a shame that Anderson let himself get roughed up by Stayne and subsequently lose his wicket.

We did get out played by SA, but we could have easily had them at 76-4 if they hadnt cast doubt over the Vaughan catch.

Personally I think Collingwood or another batsman needs to come in at 6. Broad needs to be rested, he looked jaded and although he has done well with the bat this shouldnt be enough to keep him in the team.

Then we need to drop Pattinson and replace him with either Sidebottom if fit or another swing bowler. Personally I think if fit Simon Jones deserves a chance. Has lots of passion and can get some reverse swing with the old ball which is vital!!

Totally agree, KP looked an idiot and will receive plenty of stick until the next test. Cook and Anderson had the right approach and almost lasted until lunch, its a shame that Anderson let himself get roughed up by Stayne and subsequently lose his wicket.

We did get out played by SA, but we could have easily had them at 76-4 if they hadnt cast doubt over the Vaughan catch.

Personally I think Collingwood or another batsman needs to come in at 6. Broad needs to be rested, he looked jaded and although he has done well with the bat this shouldnt be enough to keep him in the team.

Then we need to drop Pattinson and replace him with either Sidebottom if fit or another swing bowler. Personally I think if fit Simon Jones deserves a chance. Has lots of passion and can get some reverse swing with the old ball which is vital!!

i would stick with broad as they all have a week to recover now, and he did score more runs and take the same amount of wickets as flintoff. Im not saying i dont like freddie but all the bowlers struggled for wickets not just Broad.

People just keep giving their wickets away by playing totally unneeded shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669