FA Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a bit better, but certainly not much, much better and errr the opposition is better than the League One opposition too.

Correct, they are, but we have a deeper squad- is partly my main thought. I am not suggesting we could do it- just that it would be nice, and that Nige has achieved it before- after all, a streak like that is as much about keeping the squad motivated and prepared as it is having a good squad.

Correct, they are, but we have a deeper squad- is partly my main thought. I am not suggesting we could do it- just that it would be nice, and that Nige has achieved it before- after all, a streak like that is as much about keeping the squad motivated and prepared as it is having a good squad.

And this is, imo, the mistake people keep making when they say we have one of the best squads in the league. Yes, we have much more strength in depth and can cover injuries better, but the actual quality of player and our best xi is little better for me. Looking at the likes of Hull, Brighton, Blackpool etc. just above us, I think their starting xis are better than ours and that we are just a mid-table team really, the difference being that we have cover for injuries and our 2nd choice xi is also probably a mid-table team. Of course if you don't get injuries that shouldn't make too much of a difference anyway.

Last edited:
And this is, imo, the mistake people keep making when they say we have one of the best squads in the league. Yes, we have much more strength in depth and can cover injuries better, but the actual quality of player and our best xi is little better for me. Looking at the likes of Hull, Brighton, Blackpool etc. just above us, I think their starting xis are better than ours and that we are just a mid-table team really, the difference being that we have cover for injuries and our 2nd choice xi is also probably a mid-table team. Of course if you don't get injuries that shouldn't make too much of a difference anyway.

I think that is spot on.

There is more than a bit of delusion in the claims that we have some sort of big money super squad in Championship terms. Sven helped to create it; the Mockery has carried it on. Frankly, if you look at the league table and where we stand relative to the likes of Barnsley such claims look rather silly.

What has been overlooked is that we started acquisitions for this season from a low base - i.e. last season's squad being highly dependent on loanees.

Comparing with NPs last Leicester squad I would say that Beckford is no better than Fryatt and Mills is no better than Hobbs. Yes we have better cover than
we had before but I see the collection of mid field players as being of a decent rather than an exceptional standard.

Why?
I would be more embarrassed by your own fans who 'won't be turning up as it's not a big rival'

You lot really love try to push this 'not big rivals' stuff, It's quite funny how defensive you are, but if it means you produce another shit attendance and we make up 1/3 of the crowd then I'm all for it.

Keep turning up for your big ones only lads.
Dribbling with excitement is one thing to be embarrassed about old fruit, but fret not, you won't have a third of the crowd.

I will be there - just above the away fans. Give us a wave....

Oh, and you ain't our rivals (other than on match days ) so go and annoy Coventry....

Oh, and you ain't our rivals (other than on match days ) so go and annoy Coventry....

Proven by your absolutely shite support

"Initially only the Main Stand, Trent End Lower Tier & the Brian Clough Stand Lower Tier will be open for Nottingham Forest supporters for this fixture"

Quite glad your not our rivals with that effort.

Proven by your absolutely shite support

"Initially only the Main Stand, Trent End Lower Tier & the Brian Clough Stand Lower Tier will be open for Nottingham Forest supporters for this fixture"

Quite glad your not our rivals with that effort.
Small club mentality by the incompetent twats running the club. No ambition, no shame and no effing hope.

If you do win the game then at least make it embarrassing for us - 6.0 or worse.

Read this yesterday and I am ****ing livid. This is just another sleight against the long suffering fans by incompetent clowns running the club.

Having lived in Nottingham I understand we're not your main local rivals, however we're not so insignificant that it can't be billed as a 'big local derby against one of our main rivals'. You'd think they'd have at least tried to big it up, rather than just give up and basically say that not many of you will be arsed to go. It's a fairly defeatist attitude from the club in my opinion.

Having lived in Nottingham I understand we're not your main local rivals, however we're not so insignificant that it can't be billed as a 'big local derby against one of our main rivals'. You'd think they'd have at least tried to big it up, rather than just give up and basically say that not many of you will be arsed to go. It's a fairly defeatist attitude from the club in my opinion.
The people running the club do not give a shit about the home supporters and seem to do everything possible to piss them off. You may not be our main rivals but it sure-as-shit is the biggest game in East Midlands bar none and they are treating it criminally. As you say, they should be bigging it up not acting like a small club.

Sooner Doughty sells up and takes Mark Arthur with him the better.

Last edited:
The people running the club do not give a shit about the home supporters and seem to do everything possible to piss them off. You may not be our main rivals but it sure-as-shit is the biggest game in East Midlands bar none and they are treating it criminally. As you say, they should be bigging it up not acting like a small club.

Sooner Doughty sells up and takes Mark Arthur with him the better.

For what it's worth, our club acted like a huge club pre-season and now we are paying the price with disgruntled fans because we aren't winning every game 5-0.

we've sold around 5,000 tickets so far

****ing bollocks, just rang and found that out.

Sold out 6000.

I would expect that the clubs are considering a further allocation. With more than a fortnight to go before kick-off, both clubs and the police must be concerned that otherwise there is a risk of away fans in 'home' areas of the ground.

I would expect that the clubs are considering a further allocation. With more than a fortnight to go before kick-off, both clubs and the police must be concerned that otherwise there is a risk of away fans in 'home' areas of the ground.

It looks like we will nearly match the home support numbers with the upper tiers of the ground being closed to home fans.

Looks like we've got another 2,000! according to O/S - 8,000 in total blimey we'll out number them!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669