Football Manager 07

Status
Not open for further replies.
You went on to start arguing about it being illegal before the announcement. Which was neither relevant to the thread nor 'current'

Would it be illegal or just immoral and breach of contract?
when i first started working one of the first things they pointed out was that you could never sell any product before its official release date as this is illegal, as many people would come in on sundays asking if they could buy products due for release the next day

You went on to start arguing about it being illegal before the announcement. Which was neither relevant to the thread nor 'current'
yes it is relevant to the thread

i am surprised that certain outlets have been selling the game before the release date, as this is an illegal practice

when i first started working one of the first things they pointed out was that you could never sell any product before its official release date as this is illegal, as many people would come in on sundays asking if they could buy products due for release the next day
But to define the true definiton of illegal, would it be taken seriously in a court of law? (not a private case)

if you read further down the thread on the Sports interactive forum, you'll see that it's all in the hands of their lawyers. that to me suggests it is illegal.

if you read further down the thread on the Sports interactive forum, you'll see that it's all in the hands of their lawyers. that to me suggests it is illegal.
No, if it was illegal the first port of call would be the police or relevant authorities.

If it is in the hands of the lawyers, that suggests that they don't know if it illegal or not, they are putting together a case for proposal

In my experience the same kind of thing happens with Football shirt launches. All retailers sign an embargo saying that they won't sell until the release date.
If an indie went early you could put pressure on him but if a national did there was very little you could in reality do as you were not going to damage your relationship by taking him to court for breach of contract. It's more a gentlemens agreement and could hardly be classed illegal...

No, if it was illegal the first port of call would be the police or relevant authorities.

If it is in the hands of the lawyers, that suggests that they don't know if it illegal or not, they are putting together a case for proposal
or that its a civil matter and not a criminal one?

sorry if i am 'promoting piracy', i am not intentionally doing so, if the forum will suffer i will stop making comments about it then.

Promoting piracy is against forum rules. Sending other members PMs telling them exactly how to get pirated stuff is also against forum rules.

Is this why you want to change your name, so people won't know you're a thief?

im not a thief, i am showing people how to be a 'thief', someone who trains someone at shooting would not be a murderer, the person who shot the gun would be the murderer.

sorry for breaking rules, i was unaware of doing so, maybe i should read the rules or accept a punishment for breaking them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669