Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I lost all of my save files I've been rattling through a game as Doncaster. An inoccuous first season was follwed by play-off heartbreak, Danny Haynes scoring for Bristol City in the 120th minute of the final as we lost 1-0. Got some money to spend for the first time in the third season and went on to win the Championship at a canter, with loan striker Sam Vokes banging 20 goals in. I found a really good system of 4-1-2-1-2, playing formation with no wingers seems to lend itself to shorter passing and lots of chances coming from throughballs when using an attacking mentality.

The PL season has just kicked of and I've spent roughly £20million, having been given a very generous £30mil budget to avoid relegation. Lost to Spurs on the opening day of the season and frustrating drew with Burnley in our second tie. My squad looks a little something like this;

Sommer

Halford
Hird
Addison
Jordan

Stock
Woods
Veratti
Badelj

Janko
Nelson Valdez

I really need a girlfriend.....Or a job....... Or some mates.......Or the new season to start......Soon.

18th. 2 pts behind in January.

Went on a 13 winless streak which included 8 draws. Won at Old Trafford and St James since.

Back four is brilliant. Guarded by two 20 yr old's. A really good Austrian DM aged 19 as well. It's the strikers. Top goalscorer is a right winger and my best striker doesn't want to continue his loan deal.

Go sacked from Donny just before xmas in the Prem, over spent and under performed. Walked straight in to the Fulham job in the Championship which has cheered me up though, definate play-off push on the cards.

Sadly have got rather hooked on FM 2010 on my iphone tonight after buying it a couple of months ago and not getting into it. Even signed Franck Moussa and he's doing pretty well.......

I swear, whatever I do, whoever I sign, whatever I say to my team at half time, I still cant even grind out a win. Fecking hell!! Hope Football Manager 2011 is a lot more realistic.

Last edited:
I swear, whatever I do, whoever I sign, whatever I say to my team at half time, I still cant even grind out a win. Fecking hell!! Hope Football Manager 2011 is a lot more realistic.

It's because you are a shit manager, can't get any more realistic than that.

Last edited:
It's because you are a shit manager, can't get any more realistic than that.

Agreed. What system are you playing, buzzer?

It's pretty easy to grind out results using defensive and contain tactics I find.

A hint: play 3 across central midfield, it is very hard to be successful playing such a wide game on FM10, packing your midfield and playing very narrowly works more times than not.

I've got an epic save as Monopoli in Italy, starting in in Serie C2C. Getting a bit hacked off though as my success has been built on some youngsters who the big boys now want, but repeatedly bid about £200k to co-own (knowing I can never match their offer a year or so down the line). I'm pretty sure at least one of them will go on to be a real success at a higher level, his stats are amazing and for a midfielder he scores ALL the time. Whenever clubs do bid to take him upfront, I negotiate to add in extras for league appearances and international appearances and they won't have it.

This is Lyon, Valencia, Marseille, AC Milan, Juventus, Bari and a few others we're talking about here and they just won't have it. I'd be fine if I could just keep the lad but he keeps getting his head turned and sulking and talking about a move away.

I feel like Tony Pulis with that keeper!

ps I picked up Alphonse Aereola or however you spell it since in another of my games he became great. I don't know how but I got him to come to me at my level. He is quality if you can get him in. Won't stick around though.

Aereola the French 'keeper? Have a skeg at Verratti from Pescara, absolute gem in the midfield and young too.

Nearly into 2014 with Mighty Middlesbrough. Started at Brighton and got them promoted at the first attempt thanks to a potent duo of Joszef Kanta and an Argentine loanee call Cristaldo, who banged in 35 in League one.

Kept the Gulls up the following season but fell out with the chairman at the start of my third year because of budget restriction despite the fact the club was in good financial shape and I wanted to push for promotion. Being the stroppy **** I am I quit and waited almost a year until I took on Walsall on a one year deal. Finished 2nd in L1 on the final day of the season thanks to a cock up by Blackpool, but I didn't stick around and landed a plum job at the Riverside. Nearly crimbo in my 5th year in the game and we are 2nd in the Chapionship. Summer freebies like David Nugent (NUUUUUUGE) and Richard Dunne are doing the business and I returned to Brighton to plunder Joszef Kanta, the Hungarian Joey.

Last edited:
Aereola the French 'keeper? Have a skeg at Verratti from Pescara, absolute gem in the midfield and young too.

Yeah. He's getting a bit annoyed I won't sell him to Lyon for £70k though.

He's my number one and has been playing really well and his stats are going through the roof. Might as well keep him till his contract is up, then let it go to tribunal.

ps I picked up Alphonse Aereola or however you spell it since in another of my games he became great. I don't know how but I got him to come to me at my level. He is quality if you can get him in. Won't stick around though.

There is a fault with the game and has been for a number of years where the league reputation distorts transfers and it doesn't change over time (though dynamic league reputations are coming in FM2011).

Basically, if you are a decent English, Spanish, Italian or German side you can buy absolutely anyone from the French league, even if they are Lyon's star player or something. I am Borussia Dortmund on my current save and I bought Gourcuff, despite the fact Bordeaux are clearly a bigger and more successful club nowadays.

I am the king of the Italian lower reaches, although im hitting a brick wall in in Serie B after losing in the play-offs twice.

Daniel Coifani (sp) from Cisco Roma, get him in, He still does it for me after 5 years with them.

Just got promoted as City in my first season on the iphone version, won both the play-off semi and the final on pens with Jack Hobbs scoring the winning penalty to win it 10-9 :)

I'm in the year 2024 on my game. Got Leicester into the Prem, which wasn't easy, struggled like hell to sign anyone decent and to grind a draw nevermind a win. But then out of the blue I was taken over by a tycoon. Ever since he has taken over he has just threw money into the club. One of the richest teams in the Prem now. Got a load of talent in the side. Winning mostly every game. Came joint top last year but came 2nd to Liverpool due to goal difference. But did the double winning both FA and League Cup! Now the start of the new season, the chairman has coffed up £63mill and wants to win the Prem. Lost out to Liverpool in the Charity Shield. Played 3 league games already, won one, one draw and a loss. Also in the Champions League with Barcalona, Dinamo Kiev and some other crap team in the group stage. Should be an interesting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566