Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost in the playoff in the end. I'm putting my dramatic fall from the top down to a combination of disharmony (fecking ungrateful brazillian) and lack of experience (clutching at straws).

Started my fifth season with a well-earned win against forest, who have just come down. Team looks a bit like this:

weale

stearman (!!!)
shorey
tunchev
de laet/obrien (loan from everton)

gallagher/barazite
fafiani/[insert foreigner on loan from Liverpool]
zokora
king/nolan

geneste/fryatt
kermorgant/Carroll

Finished 5th in my second season with City and have just beaten Forest 3-1 on aggregate in the Playoff Semi Final.

Now only the Final against Bristol City stands in the way of me getting City promoted for the first time ever on Football Manager.

And there it is Premier League here we come.

Playoff.jpg

Lineup.jpg

Decided to start a new game with City.... got bored of my Loughborough game to be honest, and having not played it in a while now can't get back into it.

So Leicester it is

Lost in the playoff in the end. I'm putting my dramatic fall from the top down to a combination of disharmony (fecking ungrateful brazillian) and lack of experience (clutching at straws).

Started my fifth season with a well-earned win against forest, who have just come down. Team looks a bit like this:

I have won the league with 3 games to spare. Forest ended up second so they secured an instant return to the prem.

Managed to be really consistent this year. Sold the young french lad to Everton for £8mil. Not bad considering he hadn't been playing every game. Andy Carroll top scorer by a long way (Kermit's legas have gone). Gallagher has turned into a great deep lying forward.

Made a poor start to my Leicester game... After 11 games I was 14th in the table, after 3 poor consecutive defeats (lost 3-2 to Preston, 5-0 to Boro, then 5-2 to Cov)

Changed from 4-4-2 to a flat 4-3-3 after that though, and now doing much better.

In my 6 games since the formation change, I've won 4 and drawn 2. Kermo is on good form, with 6 goals in his last 5 (10 in 13 for the season). 9th in the league

I got Spearing, Harewood and Bostock on loan, as well as Lauren and Edgar Davids on frees.

Last edited:
Well, my first season with Leicester, missed out on playoffs. 3 games to go, looks like I'll finish 8th/9th.

Annoying, because I've had a lot of good players on loan who I doubt I'll able to get back/replace next year. Especially Marlon Harewood. 26 goals in 32 games, leading scorer in the league.

My defence has just been too leaky. Need to get a better keeper than Weale I think!

Well, my first season with Leicester, missed out on playoffs. 3 games to go, looks like I'll finish 8th/9th.

Annoying, because I've had a lot of good players on loan who I doubt I'll able to get back/replace next year. Especially Marlon Harewood. 26 goals in 32 games, leading scorer in the league.

My defence has just been too leaky. Need to get a better keeper than Weale I think!

Sign the Marlonian full time, he saw my LCFC team into the Prem.

still going strong for me in season 6 (2014/15). second season in the prem...

still going strong for me in season 6 (2014/15). second season in the prem...

Suprised, keeper is usually the first area I strengthen almost when I go up. Keeper and striker.

I got David James this year anyway :)

Pretty pleased with my summer signings!
Got Guillermo Franco, Gavin McCann, Kanu, Vignal, Basina, David James, Kevin Phillips and Marco Bernacci all on frees.... then Cleverley, Wilshire and Taarbat all on loan! Nice

Agonising finish to my first season in the Premiership.

With 3 games to go I was 5 points from safety.

I then beat West Ham and then Bolton to leave me in 19th place level on points with both 17th place Bolton and 18th Place Stoke on 30pts.

All I needed to do was better both of their results on the final day, trouble is I was against Liverpool at the Walkers.

I went 1-0 up just before half time through Andy King, unfortunately in the 85th minute Dirk Kuyt equalised and it turns out relegated me on goal difference behind Bolton. :icon_cry:

Started a game as Liverpool boss to see if i could take them to the next level. (It was a Sunday afternoon and i was bored.)

I didnt expect it to turn out the way it did.

By selling off the current flops I raised enough cash to buy a second striker and 2-3 decent squad players. I managed to go on a bit of an unbeaten run which ran and ran untill it eventually became a season undefeated. I won the EPL, Champions League & FA Cup and carried the run into the next season. Iv reached 54 games unbeaten in the EPL smashing Arsenal invincibles record of 49.

I MUST stress that this is without cheating or reloading (highly illegal in my mind).

Going well, but its getting boring already.

Started as Hinkledash but fell out with the chairman early on in my second season and moved to Aldershot. Play-off heartbreak followed later that year but in the 11/12 season we won the mighty BSP/FAT double. Nearly made it to xmas in my third year with them but couldn't resist the lure of L1 underachievers Crystal Palace.

Having started a game at Gateshead and after 4 season taken over City in the Championship - now a pretty safe Premiership team. My tip would be to sign any players with reasonable stats at the end of the season who are in the under 21s from countries like Spain and Portugal - Real/Barca etc release pretty good players who end up being sold for £8m etc. Also good to check who Athletico/Barca/Real are selling at 10% of their value as these players often turn out to be world class :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669