Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still haven't managed to bag a striker, but the board have given me a monster £3.9m transfer kitty. Only trouble is that it's difficult to persuade playersd to move to Poland. Looks like a request to expand the stadium is on the cards. Górnik Zabrze could well have me for a few more years yet.

Scouting trip to Africa?

About to start the 2025/26 season with Loughborough.

Still in the Premiership. Won the FA Cup and League Cup (both for the first time) last season, and lost in the final of the UEFA Cup (having won it the year before)

I finished 9th.

I'm hoping to push on this season and get into the top 4. This is now my 7th season in the top flight!

Finished 15th, 6th, 4th, 9th, 8th, and 9th...

I've sold my goalkeeper for 2.1m, and my centre-back for 3.2m Which has boosted my transfer budget.

Signed an 18 year old Brazilian for 3m who seems to be the next Pele by the looks of it, so I'm very excited. Also got a Belgian keeper for under 1m.

Knocked out of the Europa League by Zenit. After losing the first leg 3-1, I managed a thrilling 5-4 win in the home leg, but it obviously wasn't enough.

Also I'm on the verge of signing a certain Swiss left back after he was released by Leicester City.

Also I'm on the verge of signing a certain Swiss left back after he was released by Leicester City.

McGivern? No, he's Irish isn't he...... Errrr...... Come on I give in, who is it?

Last edited:
Ins: Nacer Barazite (loan), Ritchie De Laet (Loan), Seyfo Soley (free)

Outs: Powell (free), Porter (£12k, Crewe), N'Guessan (Loan), Chambers (Loan), Adjerevic (Loan)

Currently 6th in the championship after 11 games. Scored 25 goals.

Kermorgant is top goal scorer with 9, King & Wellens have been brilliant.

Managed an 11th-place finish in the first season, 5 points off the play-offs.

Second season, finished 6th but won the play-offs. a 5-1 thrashing of forest in the home leg of the semi set-up a final against Ipswich. Beat the 2-0!

Kermorgant was top scorer again - that's 51 league goals in two seasons.

Signed veterans Salif Diao and Juan Francisco Palencia (Mexican international) as short term squad players and both turned out brilliant.

Ritchie De Laet won Fans' Player of the Year

The sale of Max Gradel for £1.2mil to brum allowed me to spend £1mil on a spanish right winger.

Ins: Hector LB (Tenerife, free), Raymond Fafiani AML (Telstar, free), Salif Diao DM (Stoke, free), Ritchie De Laet CB (free agent), Francisco Sousa AMR (Albacete, £1m), Juan Palencia ST (free agent)

Out: Wesolowski £200k (Kilmarnock), Howard (season loan to Brizzle Rovers), Gradel £1.2m (Brum).

Released: Camara, Clemence, Dickov, Burns, Verma, Adjerevic, Chambers, Brown

So, pre-season of our premier league season.

Expectations: to attempt to fight relegation.

Budget £18.5 million!!! unbelievable.

I'm going to stick to the same strategy though - only buy when i have to. I'll tide us over with some short term veterans and one or two loans just in case we don't make it.

Anything i do spend will hopefully be on long-term players.

Won the Premiership with Loughborough! :)

My 7th season in the Prem... highest position previously was 4th, which was a few seasons back.

Gonna keep going until I win the Champions League, then probably stop.

11 games left of the Ekstraklasa season and I'm ahead of Legia on Goal Difference. The Chairman accepted a bid for my best defender, so now I'm struggling to find a suitable replacement. The transfer window has now also passed making it more difficult.

In my 4th season with a promising Leicester side. The 10/11 season saw us finish second and on our way to the promised land, only to suffer heartbreak on the final day of my first premier league campaign, going back down in the same manner as we went up - on goal difference. I fell out with most of the big earners (signing Michael Owen was a massive mistake) and shifted all of the dead weight/want-aways.

Coming up to christmas in the 12/13 season and I'm top of the Championship, 2 points clear of Blackburn.

first team as follows;
Penneteau

Morrison/Gosling
Tunchev
Hobbs
Robinson

Stanislas
Davis
N'Diaye/King
Jenas
Brunt

Fryatt/Vittek/Milic

My first couple of matches have been somewhat disappointing.

Battered Carlisle in the 1st round (!!) of the league cup but didn't score until extra time.

Then lost 3-1 at home to Burnley in our first league game.

My first couple of matches have been somewhat disappointing.

Battered Carlisle in the 1st round (!!) of the league cup but didn't score until extra time.

Then lost 3-1 at home to Burnley in our first league game.

Finished bottom by a long way in the end.

Now that the coffers have been filled, we're sitting comfortably in the championship. The way i went about transfers has left me with a healthy budget and wage allowance.

I think we're second behind Wigan, who were relegated with us, by a couple of points. signed a wonder kid from Man Utd called Sebatian Geneste. Scoring for fun, along with a young brazillian kid called Fabinho.

Epic end to the season.

We play Brizzle City, Leeds play Ipswich

attachment.php

Last edited:
Just started with Leicester, I am usually awful with City but this time it seems to have clicked. I am 2nd after 14 games with only one defeat.

Have only made a couple of signings - Joseph Desire Job & Vitaly Rodionov.
Sold Tunchev to Birmingham for 3.6m & released Steve Howard.

I actually think for the first time ever on this game that I could achieve something with City.

Last edited:
Gutted, was in the top 6 until the last 4 games, finished with a draw and three defeats.

Untitled.jpg

Just to prove to those people who think you should pick a team based on how good they are on FM.

RN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670