Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and check which players from Brazil are down as 'wonderkids' (as long as they are based in Brazil still they will sign for City in the Prem for around £2m), I signed 2 regen midfield players for £2m and £4 who are now 'world superstars' and worth £29m and £34m a piece! They get work permits if their stats are good enough regardless of experience (can't sign until 18 though so you often wait 2 years from their sign date)

I'm using Villa at the minute, and loving it.

Got a tycoon takeover at the end of my second season, after finishing 8th in my first year and 4th in my second.

Signed Aguero for my 3rd season for £52m, and finished 2nd in the league.
At the start of my 4th season now, and signed Rooney for £50m :) Also got Akinfeev for £31m. Should win the league this year!

Started a game as manager of the Aussie national team. Does the national FA get pissed off if you apply to club posts or can you do both at the same time?

Started a game as manager of the Aussie national team. Does the national FA get pissed off if you apply to club posts or can you do both at the same time?

You can definitely do both - I applied for the England job in 2014 while I was Leeds manager, the club didn't have a problem (unlike when you apply for another club job!)

Yep, I managed both Leeds and England at the same time on FM10.

Btw, when is news on FM11 coming out?

Took on the job at Adelaide United just before the an ill-fated world cup campaign with Oz. They're happy for me to stay on so I'll continue to do both. I managed to get Scott Chipperfield in on a free in the summer and also launched an audacious bid to bring Spurs' Mark Pieduka back down under, which failed on account of his wanting to be paid in Nandos vouchers. The Australian league teams are only allowed 5 foreign players, one of which was almost Super Stevie Howard but I found a better, younger, home-grown alternative who wanted half as much in wages. I was going off of FM a bit but this foray into Australia has definatly perked things up.

Emulating my famous game of 2008, just won through the play-offs to get Cisco Roma into Serie B.

2 years ago I didn't have the skill or knowledge to get them into A, but let's see what happens this time.

Would be nice if I ended up at Athletico Madrid in the future as I did last time.

Currently Derby in year 1.

I brought in 5 Prem outcasts on season long loans.

O'Connor( B'Ham) , Davies (Stoke) , Gibson (Man Utd) , Bergovic (Pompey) and Dos Santos (Spurs)

The usual Christmas period slump has dropped me to 7th but Iv just sold Hulse for £4million so im going to go mental in the January sales.

Got rid of the AWFUL Leacock and aging Savage and brought in 2 Greek international 30-somethings to add experience.

My Ekstraklasa season is going right down to the wire. My Górnik Zabrze side are top of the league with 4 games remaining, ahead of Legia by 3 points but they have a game in hand. We just playe out a 1-1 draw before I beat my local rivals Ruch Chorzów.

First team to slip up loses the title. Also, Currently I have a better goal difference.

Career summary of Ted Smalley;
2009 - Hinckley
2010 - Aldershot -1 BSP title and FA trophy double
2012 - Palace - L1 title, quit after fall out with board
2014 - Rotherham - sacked
2015 - Tranmere - Finished 3rd in L2
2016 - Sheff Wed - Time to settle down with the L1 side. Takeover in progress.

Such a managerial slut.

Finished 2nd in the Ekstraklasa, so I'm now just trying to build for next season.

Also just got this message on my loading screen.

picture.php

Career summary of Ted Smalley;
2009 - Hinckley
2010 - Aldershot -1 BSP title and FA trophy double
2012 - Palace - L1 title, quit after fall out with board
2014 - Rotherham - sacked
2015 - Tranmere - Finished 3rd in L2
2016 - Sheff Wed - Time to settle down with the L1 side. Takeover in progress.

Such a managerial slut.

Mine
2009-2010 Burton L2
2010-2013 Sheffield Wednesday saved from relegation in CCC
2013-2017 Wigan built them up to a play-off final loss in ccc
2017-2022* Leicester, in L1 won play-off final, two seasons battling relegation due to nil funds, one season mid and now 8th as it stands.

Started the season great gun's......top after 16 games but now down to 8th after 9 game winless streak. Too many youngsters me thinks! :icon_roll

Mine
2009-2010 Burton L2
2010-2013 Sheffield Wednesday saved from relegation in CCC
2013-2017 Wigan built them up to a play-off final loss in ccc
2017-2022* Leicester, in L1 won play-off final, two seasons battling relegation due to nil funds, one season mid and now 8th as it stands.

Started the season great gun's......top after 16 games but now down to 8th after 9 game winless streak. Too many youngsters me thinks! :icon_roll

It gets to a point around the 2020 mark where its so hard to judge because of all the new/re-gens.

Had to re-install FM earlier. Its all gone. The Aldershot vs York game when I was 2-0 down at half time on the last day of the season and needed a win to make the POs - which we did and I was sad enough to save the match, the brilliant Leicester game staring Bogdan Milic, even that legendary press conference when I called Arsene Wenger a ****ing cock garage and the news reel blasted me for my bad language.

I got bored so started a new game with Leicester. Gave myself £999m and a reputation equal that of Barcelona. I actually think it is more difficult in some ways because despite the reputation the really top players still won't drop down to the championship, and my management skills aren't good enough to get the best out of them all so the fans' massively high expectations are hard to beat.

Current team of:

Forlan Cordoza
Riquelme
Petrov Moutinho Grandin
Kolorav Luiz Tunchev Fanni

I got bored so started a new game with Leicester. Gave myself £999m and a reputation equal that of Barcelona. I actually think it is more difficult in some ways because despite the reputation the really top players still won't drop down to the championship, and my management skills aren't good enough to get the best out of them all so the fans' massively high expectations are hard to beat.

Current team of:

Forlan Cordoza
Riquelme
Petrov Moutinho Grandin
Kolorav Luiz Tunchev Fanni

Gets in a flap too easily I heard. He hates the sound of Vulvazelas.

Had to re-install FM earlier. Its all gone. The Aldershot vs York game when I was 2-0 down at half time on the last day of the season and needed a win to make the POs - which we did and I was sad enough to save the match, the brilliant Leicester game staring Bogdan Milic, even that legendary press conference when I called Arsene Wenger a ****ing cock garage and the news reel blasted me for my bad language.

:081: :081:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570