Football Manager 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingy_85

Although the depth and features of 2010 were second to none, I found the game almost impossible to play. It was stupidly hard and time consuming. For someone who doesnt get much time to play it , it was ridiculous. It would take 2-3 games for the A.I to outwit your tactics and once your went on a winless run it seemed to never end. Maybe im just not that good at the game but Ive played it since I was 10 years old without ever getting as frustrated as I did with this version. Its just not enjoyable any more, its just hard work.

Anyway, with that rant aside, lets hope this version is decent.

tedfoxxx

Is there a new update then Ted?

I was just going to sit down with a red bull and some crisps and do it manually on the editor. I've got back into a Brighton game i've had going for a few weeks now though so my plans have been aborted.

tedfoxxx

Although the depth and features of 2010 were second to none, I found the game almost impossible to play. It was stupidly hard and time consuming. For someone who doesnt get much time to play it , it was ridiculous. It would take 2-3 games for the A.I to outwit your tactics and once your went on a winless run it seemed to never end. Maybe im just not that good at the game but Ive played it since I was 10 years old without ever getting as frustrated as I did with this version. Its just not enjoyable any more, its just hard work.

Anyway, with that rant aside, lets hope this version is decent.

I think FM10 can be ridiculous at times, both far too hard and far too easy. BSP and Leagues 2&1 are piss easy to win IMO.

fitz

I think FM10 can be ridiculous at times, both far too hard and far too easy. BSP and Leagues 2&1 are piss easy to win IMO.

Agree, I've managed Gateshead in FM10 and the trick is to just sack all of your players (bar the legend that is Kris Gate) and sign a load of frees with good stats for stupid wages. Stormed up to the championship with back to back league wins

Profondo Rosso

I've never found FM10 to be that hard at all. In fact I've found the new tactics creator to make it easier. You can beat champions league winners with mid-table teams 50% of the time now just by playing "contain."

Shents

I've never found FM10 to be that hard at all. In fact I've found the new tactics creator to make it easier. You can beat champions league winners with mid-table teams 50% of the time now just by playing "contain."

I prefer to stick to ridgid counter tbh

Profondo Rosso

Yeah, when playing normal teams same, I was just talking about when playing top teams.

99% of teams will play down the middle, so the trick is to play a disciplined formation while packing the central midfield. I generally play a 4-1-3-2, a 4-3-1-2 or an old fashioned 4-3-3. It's pretty easy to do well like that.

The trick on all FM games is trying to work out the game's nuances and countering them tactically. After you've found them, it's a pretty easy game to beat.

Lako42

Yeah, when playing normal teams same, I was just talking about when playing top teams.

99% of teams will play down the middle, so the trick is to play a disciplined formation while packing the central midfield. I generally play a 4-1-3-2, a 4-3-1-2 or an old fashioned 4-3-3. It's pretty easy to do well like that.

The trick on all FM games is trying to work out the game's nuances and countering them tactically. After you've found them, it's a pretty easy game to beat.

You say that but I always play one of the above formations and getting out of Serie B is very difficult, it's hard to be consistent, although now I have the amazing (never heard of before) dusan knakal, im getting much better at banging the goals in.

East Anglia Fox

Am I out of touch or is this the latest release date (in terms of how far it is into the season) this game has had yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669