Football Manager 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started as an unemployed ex Germany international aged 36. After 11 games I Mcdermott was sacked from Reading after a poor start and I took the job.

First things first, wanted to shore up the defence. Signed Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker & Guidetti in on loan. Also signed a left back from Roda who will come in January.

Going well so far, with just the 1 slip up of 3 straight defeats in November. Currently sitting in 12th 6 points off the playoffs with £550k to spend on a few fringe players and half a team to flog and raise some cash.

Very impressed with the new features, the match screen looks a lot sleeker as well. Please to have a freshened version to play on as the last one was getting a bit stale.

I started as an unemployed ex Germany international aged 36. After 11 games I Mcdermott was sacked from Reading after a poor start and I took the job.

First things first, wanted to shore up the defence. Signed Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker & Guidetti in on loan. Also signed a left back from Roda who will come in January.

Going well so far, with just the 1 slip up of 3 straight defeats in November. Currently sitting in 12th 6 points off the playoffs with £550k to spend on a few fringe players and half a team to flog and raise some cash.

Very impressed with the new features, the match screen looks a lot sleeker as well. Please to have a freshened version to play on as the last one was getting a bit stale.

Why did you make yourself German? (Unless you are actually German of course)

I signed Connor Wickham with Leicester for £3m (plus 20% of profit from sell on), and he's pretty good so far. Banging them in. Scored all 4 goals in a 4-0 win over Coventry :) Only 17, dubbed the new Alan Shearer, and my scouts/coaches say he'll be a leading Premiership player

Last edited:
Why did you make yourself German? (Unless you are actually German of course)

I signed Connor Wickham with Leicester for £3m (plus 20% of profit from sell on), and he's pretty good so far. Banging them in. Scored all 4 goals in a 4-0 win over Coventry :) Only 17, dubbed the new Alan Shearer, and my scouts/coaches say he'll be a leading Premiership player

Not sure, I just got bored of playing as myself (go on someone). So i started creating elaborate foreign managers to play as. I called myself Petre Smicht and google imaged "german man" for the profile pic.

My all time favourite is Fibbian Lorenzo (French) - my legendary Liverpool manager from as far back as CM 99 alter ego. :050:

Have spent the weekend playing on from my demo game.

Took on Weston-super-Mare, who seemed to be the worst team in Conference North or South, signed kids released by big clubs (putting them on F/T contracts) and kept only three or four players already at the club. After a shaky start, no doubt caused by having no team bonding I picked up and won promotion through the play-offs. Meanwhile, SGE got City relegated.

Next season, I improved the squad with more kids (the oldest player on my books is 22), an excellent start saw me pick up the first manager of the month award but things gradually petered out until I finished fifth. Got knocked out of the Play-offs by Rushden but won the FA Trophy, which balanched the books for the season. Meanwhile, Kevin MacDonald and then Brendan Rogers couldn't even get City to the L1 play-offs. I keep applying for the job, but the board don't want to know.

Just started my third season by, again, signing some kids and this time selling off some of my weaker players for a total of £35,000. Big money when you're getting 600 through the gates on a saturday. Will be keeping my eye out for a move this season, there's no fans, stadium, facilities or money here but hopefully I've done enough to get a job with a decent sized BSN/L2 club from here.

Just finished my first season with Leicester. Promoted/won the league with 1 game to go :)

Got Obertan and Macheda on loan for United in the second half of the season and both have been immense. Macheda scored 12 goals in 11 games before going back to United, and Obertan has 7 goals and 4 assists in 19 games.

Kebe has been awesome too. 12 goals, 15 assists in 31 games. Amazing.

Even better, Leeds got relegated on the same day I went up :)

Forest and Derby been fighting it out with me at the top. 2nd and 3rd going into last day.

Oh, and yes.... Denilson was a flop! :(

Derby lost in the playoff final.

Leicester, Forest and Swansea promoted. Signed Vitor on a permanent deal. Tried to get Curtis Davies... but he's gone to Man City!

In an attempt to stop my slump with Crewe....I spent 20 minutes ensuring a win at home to Chesterfield. Coincided with the loan players going back, probably going to stick with this squad for a while and try to bring in a few youngsters who are in the Under 19 Cup Quarters.

Got Chesterfield promoted from League 2 & I am now 4th after 6 games in League one. Got rid of the 'deadwood' in my team & went for the experience on frees, balanced with the youth of loans from the Premiership. At the end of the season a link between myself & West Brom was created & I now have Mantom in midfield, who they sent to me on loan to gain experience.

Adam Drury, Fitz Hall, Leon Barnett, Adam Smith, Paul Pogba, Sam Mantom, Nathan Ellington & Steve Howard - Are the mixture of youth & experience I have brought in.

Last edited:
Just starting my 3rd season, 2nd year in the Premiership with Leicester. Finished 9th last season.

My team seems pretty good now, I'm happy with it.

Little tip.... In the 2nd season, just raid Man City's reserves. Last year I got Micah Richards and Nedum Onouha for about £3.5m combined, and Santa Cruz on loan. Kompany and Bellamy were willing to come on loan too. Micah Richards cost me less than I sold Michael Morrison to Southampton for :)

I also got Mama Diarra and Afellay on frees (and Owen, but that was a baaaad move). Signed Albrighton for £2.3m

This year I've picked up some frees and bargains. Darren Bent signed for £4m (was listed by request at Sunderland). Also got Anelka, Kalou, Faubert, Drenthe, Maduro, Chantome, Daniele Dessena and Artur Boruc all on frees. Splashed out on Andy Carroll, £9m.

Tried to get Jo on a free after a month's trial where he was banging them in during pre-season... but he couldn't get a work permit :(

Anybody know of any tough tackling players out in Europe? In real life or on FM , need to strengthen my team but have no funds at West Ham.

What season are you in? Go for someone on loan? Gago can usually be picked up from Real Madrid.

I got Diarra on a free at the end of the first season.

I just signed Berbatov on a free for Leicester :) I'm hoping he's going to dominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669