Football Manager 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, my board have never agreed to that :( They always say it's an unrealistic target... even when I've then been able to get the player to sign anyway.

I did ask them to extend my youth network earlier though (new feature, interested to see what happens), and they said no.... then I told them it was important for the future of the club and they said yes :)

Finished at Crewe a point outside the play-offs. However, the second season should be a lot easier because the amount of affordable freebies for League 2 level is massive. That said, three draws on the bounce in the league.

I'm in November of the 2015/16 season now with Leicester. Last season finished 6th in the Prem and won the FA Cup :)

At the end of that season, Mandaric said he wanted to go. Local businessman was linked with a takeover, but nothing happened. Then it said Lee Hoos was going to take Mandaric's place as chairman, but thankfully fell apart.

Now a tycoon is eyeing me up :) It says "Leicester promised takeover bounty". Apparently Mexican businessman Martin Sosa is going to give me £102m for new players if he takes over! Yes please! :)

Last edited:
Wooo he's here!

My bank balance has gone from -£3.5m up to £45m as soon as he's come in :)

Fabregas, Nasri, Rooney, Pato and Bale all on my assistant manager's list of attainable targets!

No word on how much money I have to spend yet though

Still in the championship with Chesterfield, signed some pure class on frees.

Darlow
Wayne Bridge, Fitz Hall, Leon Barnett, Ryan Taylor.
Gabriel Obertan, Fabian Delph, Leon Osman, Marc Albrighton.
Fraizer Campbell, Arturo Lupoli.

And Peter Odemwingie on the bench!

In my second season with Port Vale (came 2nd in League 2 in first season) I have won League 1 by end of Feb after only losing one game all season. No cheating and I can't believe it. This one certainly seems easier.

Tim Krul
Clyne Ciaran Clarke (had him on season long loan for two seasons running) Meniri Adjamossi
Bebe Mellis Corry Evans Anichebe
Austin Le Fondre

I'm ashamed of myself. I've created an addict. Sidekick was over for dinner on Sunday after the Leeds game and after we ate she mentioned Football Manager. She'd never played it, but several people she knows are fans/devotees/addicts, so I decided to let her loose on FM10. She ended up staying until just after 1 fiddling about with it. She then went home and downloaded a demo of FM11 and has ordered a copy of the full game. Oh dear...

Bored of it now as per normal.

Same, its a piece of piss. Too easy to improve shit teams, too easy to put together a string of promotions and way, way too easy to sign people. Got Smianjic, Appiah, Delph, Anthony Gerrard and O'Hara in for my championship Watford team, all on frees. And I got that job after two mediocre seasons with the monkey hangers....

Last edited:
Still going strong on 2010, in 2015 and just establishing Cisco Roma as a mid table Serie A side. It's ****ing hard to win this league without the massive millions and big wages.

My capacity is 5000 so the big money simply isn't coming in, loving it how it isn't too easy though.

Same, its a piece of piss. Too easy to improve shit teams, too easy to put together a string of promotions and way, way too easy to sign people. Got Smianjic, Appiah, Delph, Anthony Gerrard and O'Hara in for my championship Watford team, all on frees. And I got that job after two mediocre seasons with the monkey hangers....

The latest patch stops this as I agree it was easy.

I have installed through steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670