Confirmed Transfer Gökhan Inler

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Swiss national team captain and bought from a top Italian team. I have no idea if he is a good signing. Let's hope. :)

The Swiss national team captain and bought from a top Italian team. I have no idea if he is a good signing. Let's hope. :)

I can put your mind at rest - he is an exceptional signing

I'm genuinely not being difficult but have you seen him play much? Also what would you say are his strengths?

I'm sure others can give a better insight than me but from what I know:

An exceptional long range shot.

Both footed.

Great passing ability particularly good at picking long passes.

Good engine.

Good reader of the game.

Marshals the defence well.

I can put your mind at rest - he is an exceptional signing

What are you basing that on? I've seen him play exactly twice AFAIK, which is probably totally unrepresentative, but I had to go back to match reports to check because I didn't remember him.

Well, even if you ignore my post after the one you quoted it would be difficult to argue that someone who has played at the highest level for his clubs and has 80+ caps for his country is not exceptional wouldn't it?

Looking forward to the commentator saying "Fuchs...Inler...Kante"

Well, even if you ignore my post after the one you quoted it would be difficult to argue that someone who has played at the highest level for his clubs and has 80+ caps for his country is not exceptional wouldn't it?

Became a bit of a legend at Napoli when surrounded by players vastly superior to anything we have had over the years.

I have always liked him as a player but it doesn't take much research to work out he's a great footballer.

Became a bit of a legend at Napoli when surrounded by players vastly superior to anything we have had over the years.

I have always liked him as a player but it doesn't take much research to work out he's a great footballer.
Do we still ruin players when they join? I forget what the feeling is now.

Do we still ruin players when they join? I forget what the feeling is now.
Depends on their attitude I think.

Ben Marshall ruined himself, our little Algerian wizard shows what we can do for players with the right attitude.

I don't think we need to worry about this with Inler.

Ok, I'm convinced. I think he will definitely surpass Gabor Bori and Nicholas Priet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566