Gay Footballers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking :103:- lets have none of this sort of talk in this forum! I mean how could he tell his family that?

Quite right.Sorry I really should be careful with what i say.To make such a hideous accusation based on nothing more than a stated sexual proclivity is unworthy of me.I apologise profusely.

Yep. If it was me I wouldn't bother either. Look at Graeme Le Saux; he wasn't even gay and he took a shedload of abuse for it.

Christ, the calibre of specimen you see at a football ground today can barely string three intelligent words together let alone come to terms with a homosexual sportsman.

Three intelligent words together - you must support Hull then?

Can't really understand why anyone would care whether or not a footballer is gay. Other than female fans that hope to get themselves some footballer meat.

There must be gay players in the Premier League that are missing a trick here. I don't think society, even football crowds, give a toss any more about the sexuality of others and the perceived fear of abuse is highly unlikely to amount to much.

Gay marriage is a reality soon so what's the big deal? The first one or two that do come out will be quids in with all sorts of sponsorship deals and books and shite like that. It'll be money for old rope. As in the example from Sweden, I bet he's a pish poor player but is still coining it in simply by telling people what his sexual preference is.

I wish I were a gay footballer, I'd make a fecking killling.

Sorry BN, but I think you're being slightly naive. The amount of abuse that is thrown at the average footballer by idiots in the crowd is quite high, but usually very generic and would have little impact.

Putting a huge target on your back would take incredibly broad shoulders, imo, and the amount of abuse would be intolerable. Just because players get a lot of abuse, doesn't make them any more immune to it than the rest of us, and having your sexuality taunted is on another level to the usual imbecilic chants.

bumders, loved wolf whistling morley and bishop back in the day.
fancy showering with a fudge packer? eer...mmm...no thanks

i do have some gay friends, who i pick on without mercy ( louis spence, ljundberg, willlllow) but they give as good as they get.

There must be gay players in the Premier League that are missing a trick here. I don't think society, even football crowds, give a toss any more about the sexuality of others and the perceived fear of abuse is highly unlikely to amount to much.

Gay marriage is a reality soon so what's the big deal? The first one or two that do come out will be quids in with all sorts of sponsorship deals and books and shite like that. It'll be money for old rope. As in the example from Sweden, I bet he's a pish poor player but is still coining it in simply by telling people what his sexual preference is.

I wish I were a gay footballer, I'd make a fecking killling.
Have you been to a Brighton match? The crowd would latch on to it immediately and would be relentless in abusing the player personally. L1 would love it.

Have you been to a Brighton match? The crowd would latch on to it immediately and would be relentless in abusing the player personally. L1 would love it.

Sorry, I just don't see it. Face facts, there are gay players out there now. There were probably one or two in the game last night at the KP. So fecking what? If we knew who that was, there would be two minutes of the odd comment from the crowd, a few giggles and then everyone would get on with the game.

The Brighton thing is tired and lame and aimed at the town and supporters. It's nothing to do with the players. Are people really saying that gay players are more likely to play for Brighton? It's bonkers.

When City got the usual 'town full of paki's' hurled at us week after week from pig-shit brained morons, we took it and took it and then one marvellous day at Filbert St, we started singing it back to them. The point was lost and the chant stopped almost overnight. Fans support their own and would get behind (ahem) their gay players and it would all sort itself out soon enough.

We just need some gay players to have some balls.

I like how the Brighton fans sing 'You're too ugly to be gay'. Makes me lool.

Yes sir, yes sir I have. Bumfucked we were.

Sorry, I just don't see it. Face facts, there are gay players out there now. There were probably one or two in the game last night at the KP. So fecking what? If we knew who that was, there would be two minutes of the odd comment from the crowd, a few giggles and then everyone would get on with the game.

The Brighton thing is tired and lame and aimed at the town and supporters. It's nothing to do with the players. Are people really saying that gay players are more likely to play for Brighton? It's bonkers.

When City got the usual 'town full of paki's' hurled at us week after week from pig-shit brained morons, we took it and took it and then one marvellous day at Filbert St, we started singing it back to them. The point was lost and the chant stopped almost overnight. Fans support their own and would get behind (ahem) their gay players and it would all sort itself out soon enough.

We just need some gay players to have some balls.

I think that's a very naive view of things personally. If a player outed themselves in England all they'd be doing is exposing themselves to vitriol abuse. I think we all know it wouldn't last two minutes; it'd be every time they influenced the game in any way (mainly from opposition fans, yes) for the rest of their careers. There's plenty of us who wouldn't be bothered, but that's not the general mentality of a football crowd is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669