Ginger Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to sound like I'm courting controversy here, but I'll say what I see and what I think:

Megson is doing an excellent job and I have very high hopes for the future with him in charge. I feel that he's the man to finally get us playing winning football in this league in time, and I support him 100%.

1. He's organised the team so they look balanced and solid. We're playing the formation that suits the players we have and one that covers up our inadequacies best.
2. His comments are spot on. He knows exactly what's wrong and what needs to be done to correct it.
3. I rate his two assistants (Burrows and Taggart) as exactly what's needed to support him.
4. Certain players such as Fryatt, Stearman, Mattock, Kishishev look far better now than before he came.
5. His smart introduction of King tonight suggested that he is prepared to pick whoever impresses him and back his own judgement.
6. He has a proven record at getting teams promoted from this league in workmanlike and efficient ways.
7. His substitutions are generally spot on.
8. He focuses on players doing the simple things right. Positional play, tracking markers, set pieces, shape etc. All are improving dramatically.
9. When his team start winning, they will climb the league fast and prove very tough to beat.
10. He's sussed out much of the garbage straightaway i.e. De Vries and made sure that it's well known that he won't tolerate the type of feeble performances that have been so frequently on show over recent years.

Update:

Megson's record is now W3 D3 L1. One goal conceeded in four games. One defeat in eleven games. "Ginger Mourinho" chants ringing around the ground yesterday. How many more undefeated/clean sheets before he starts getting some respect round here?

Good job Meggy! :038:

"Ginger Mourinho" chants ringing around the ground yesterday. How many more undefeated/clean sheets before he starts getting some respect round here?

In the grand scheme of things, 'around here' doesn't matter a jot. Away support has always been better, I just hope the crowd at our next home game against Sheffield United get a bit more supportive. I've still got memories of a home game against Sheffield United when we were into the early days of a previous managers reign.

In the grand scheme of things, 'around here' doesn't matter a jot. Away support has always been better, I just hope the crowd at our next home game against Sheffield United get a bit more supportive. I've still got memories of a home game against Sheffield United when we were into the early days of a previous managers reign.

Just have to be thankful that we dont have the blades manager

Update:

Megson's record is now W3 D3 L1. One goal conceeded in four games. One defeat in eleven games. "Ginger Mourinho" chants ringing around the ground yesterday. How many more undefeated/clean sheets before he starts getting some respect round here?

Good job Meggy! :038:
Still feel he has us playing too defensive/negative, maybe that's okay to do away but at home we need to go for it, too many home draws is not good enough to escape from the bottom 6.

Perhaps an idea to remember we created nothing at all in open play against the worst team in the league bar QPR.

I thought we created enough - and if our co-called attack had got their shots away instead of trying to walk it in, we might have got a hatfful.

no doubt, in truth he is OK and could develop

I agree with everything you say about him. It is far to early to make a firm judgment.

He only got away with being a manager for so long because his buddy (gibson) at Boro gave him shed loads of money. Without the resources he is being exposed

Even now he has resources, got a premiership striker in and has a team where a lot of them were involved in promotion 2 years ago. Sheff utd would have been better taking on warnocks assistant but fell for wanting a big name even if a failure big name.

On megson I hated his appointment but will admit away from home he is getting results so is getting something right, the test will be fixing the home form problems and what he is like in the transfer market.

Last edited:
I thought we created enough - and if our co-called attack had got their shots away instead of trying to walk it in, we might have got a hatfful.

I didnt think we created anything clear cut on the 90 minutes personally.

How Sheehan is not the first name on the team sheet for his set peices alone, I dont know.

I didnt think we created anything clear cut on the 90 minutes personally.

How Sheehan is not the first name on the team sheet for his set peices alone, I dont know.

Newton had an easy chance at the far post but blasted it over, DJ should have had 1 if he shot earlier.

On megson I hated his appointment but will admit away from home he is getting results so is getting something right, the test will be fixing the home form problems and what he is like in the transfer market.

Likewise - but credit has to be given where it is due.

Maybe all the criticism and gloom around his appointment has been beneficial.
It has been made very clear to him that he has a lot to prove. These are still very early days and a couple of defeats and we'll be back in the relegation zone. The Sheffield United game is a big one - we can't expect them to keep losing and at some stage they are going to turn it round.

I realise that we are in no position to dwell on the long term, but when you look at the prem league table it brings home the odds against promoted sides flourishing there. I can foresee in the near future the established prem clubs wanting to reduce the promotion places to only one or two.

I'm going to sound like I'm courting controversy here, but I'll say what I see and what I think:

Where did the phrase "Ginger Mourinho" come from? :102:

Where did the phrase "Ginger Mourinho" come from? :102:
Makes you wonder how BN derived at this, Ginger he may well be but he isn't and never will be a Mourinho.:eek:

I wonder if it was BN that started the "GM" chants at Hillsbourgh on Saturday.:102:

Last edited:

agreed:038:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673