Global warming - what global warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't reduce your carbon footprint it makes little baby Jesus cry :018:

load of bollux which I could not care less about......

But I prefer warmer weather so if it gives us that bring it on...

The earths temperature has been fluctuating for billions of years from extreme cold to extreme heat. Species that have been a lot more successful then us have been wiped out and so will we one day.

The earths temperature has been fluctuating for billions of years from extreme cold to extreme heat. Species that have been a lot more successful then us have been wiped out and so will we one day.

Only difference now is that the human species is arrogant enough to believe that it is the cause of climate change.
But let's not allow science to stand in the way of lucrative trading of carbon emission credits.

Only difference now is that the human species is arrogant enough to believe that it is the cause of climate change.
But let's not allow science to stand in the way of lucrative trading of carbon emission credits.

... or the taxes raised to counter "harmful CO2" emissions. :icon_roll

The earths temperature has been fluctuating for billions of years from extreme cold to extreme heat

depends on your definiton of 'extreme'. it's been within 10 degrees C for the last 500 million years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geologic_temperature_record

Species that have been a lot more successful then us have been wiped out and so will we one day.

yes, but the difference is, they weren't intelligent to know if they were killing themselves. we are and we still might kill ourselves through ignorance

... or the taxes raised to counter "harmful CO2" emissions. :icon_roll

yeah harmless CO2 isn't it, never causes global warming

that's why Venus is so cold

:icon_roll

load of bollux which I could not care less about......

But I prefer warmer weather so if it gives us that bring it on...

ironically, if the seas' currents change and the gulf stream is disrupted it will mean much colder weather for Britain especially in the winter

yeah harmless CO2 isn't it, never causes global warming

that's why Venus is so cold

:icon_roll

So, just to be clear, are you arguing that Venus is hot because of naturally occurring CO2?

So, just to be clear, are you arguing that Venus is hot because of naturally occurring CO2?

Makes sense to me

Nothing to do with its proximity to that big **** off fiery orange thingy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus

"The enormously CO2-rich atmosphere, along with thick clouds of sulfur dioxide, generates the strongest greenhouse effect in the solar system, creating surface temperatures of over 460 °C"

I thought the weather was much nicer under a Tory goverment although everything else was still shyte.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus

"The enormously CO2-rich atmosphere, along with thick clouds of sulfur dioxide, generates the strongest greenhouse effect in the solar system, creating surface temperatures of over 460 °C"

You're getting close to a yellow card DV, I'm not following your line of reasoning here at all.

So Venus has a lot of CO2 and is 2nd closest planet to the Sun, how does this relate to human arrogance that we might be influencing our own climate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669