Global warming - what global warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hyper-simplistic, and arrogant, to argue that the greenhouse effect is solely responsible for global warming.

who said it was?

It is also hyper-simplistic, and arrogant, to argue that human beings are the sole cause of increasing CO2 levels.

i agree, who said it was?

and you still haven't explained the relevance of Venus to the argument.

Venus is an Earth like planet which has a surface temperature of 460 C due predominantly to carbon dioxide

planet, warm, carbon dioxide...

we are having a discussion about another planet, getting warm from carbon dioxide called Earth

:icon_roll

http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar4/syr/ar4_syr_topic2.pdf

The concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere has increased exponentially in recent (last 200 years) times. Check this graph out from the IPCC 4th annual report on climate change. Humans are causing increase in CO2 in the atmosphere which will heat the planet. This will affect the UK in the next 10-20 years. Don't buy a house in East Anglia its f*cked.
Which coincides with the trees being cut down for building purposes.

I doubt brands such as Sure, Gillette and Lynx were pumping shit into the atmosphere 200 years ago.

After much consideration I've come to the conclusion ..I don't care

anyway who really gives a flying **** about it?

If it happen it happens, if it does then what the **** can I do about and do I really care?

I thought I'd come to the Techie forum by mistake, I understand about as much in this thread as I do in there.

who said it was?

i agree, who said it was?

I refuse to believe that you aren't aware of this scaremonger tactic.

Venus is an Earth like planet which has a surface temperature of 460 C due predominantly to carbon dioxide

we are having a discussion about another planet, getting warm from carbon dioxide called Earth

:icon_roll

It is also millions of miles closer to the Sun than the Earth and other than offering an extreme demonstration of the greenhouse effect provides nothing else to the debate on the warming of our planet.

Which coincides with the trees being cut down for building purposes.

Yup and the industrial revolution when we started burning fossil fuels which are concentrated forms of carbon captured over millions of years. We dig it up and burn lots of it and release it all very quickly and increase the rate at which we do so.

I can't think of anything more boring than lying in the sun for hours on end.I have no tan,I'm a pastie faced pale fecker.

Last edited:
I can't think of anything more boring than lying in the sun for hours on end

I know, beyond me why any body does it? They say it is healthy to have darker skin, what bollocks, you ever seen an ethiopian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669