Global warming - what global warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the figures incorrect then?

It looks like the US data to me. Not entirely useful to base all your analysis on an unrepresentative 1.6% of the planet.

Global figures are different: here's NASA's. You can see how the 30s drought there is reflected in the data.

Fig.A4.lrg.gif

If you are not actually going to read and try to understand my posts then you are either a] stupid or b] just being stupid for the fun of it. Can you not get your head around the fact that the ten hottest years on record ( since they started being kept in 1850 ) have happened since 1997. The climate is hotter, that is a fact. We can all have a discussion as to what is actually causing the earth to warm up, but it has warmed up.

Dont get your knickers in a twist.

You can spout off about ten warmest years on record since 1997 and attack me rather then try and have a logical argument, but the fact is that 1998 is the hottest year on record, even though over the last ten years we have been growing as a population and burning more fossil fuel.

Yes the "trend" is that temperature is rising and so is the amount of Co2 , but if mankinds influence on climate change was as dangerous as has been suggested then it is logical to think that if there are more of us and we are burning more fossil fuels compared to 1998 then the temperature should be higher then 1998. Surely even you would agree that it would be a logical conclusion?

However, this hasnt happend which suggests that there are OTHER things that influence the climate and have a bigger affect on it then humans. Therefore suggesting that mankind is causing climate change and can somehow have a major influence on it, IMO, is giving us more credit then we deserve.

You can carry on calling me stupid now.

Dont get your knickers in a twist.

You can spout off about ten warmest years on record since 1997 and attack me rather then try and have a logical argument, but the fact is that 1998 is the hottest year on record, even though over the last ten years we have been growing as a population and burning more fossil fuel.

Yes the "trend" is that temperature is rising and so is the amount of Co2 , but if mankinds influence on climate change was as dangerous as has been suggested then it is logical to think that if there are more of us and we are burning more fossil fuels compared to 1998 then the temperature should be higher then 1998. Surely even you would agree that it would be a logical conclusion?

However, this hasnt happend which suggests that there are OTHER things that influence the climate and have a bigger affect on it then humans. Therefore suggesting that mankind is causing climate change and can somehow have a major influence on it, IMO, is giving us more credit then we deserve.

You can carry on calling me stupid now.

Stupid

It looks like the US data to me. Not entirely useful to base all your analysis on an unrepresentative 1.6% of the planet.

Global figures are different: here's NASA's. You can see how the 30s drought there is reflected in the data.

Fig.A4.lrg.gif

Unless I'm mis-reading that is suggests that temperatures have been steadily rising since 1880s and have spiked since the late 90s (again after El Nino) and are starting to dip again? Pretty much the same as the other graph?

Unless I'm mis-reading that is suggests that temperatures have been steadily rising since 1880s and have spiked since the late 90s (again after El Nino) and are starting to dip again? Pretty much the same as the other graph?

There is no actual proof that mankind is the cause (and more to the point sole cause) of global warming.

I always thought the earth heated up then cooled down, possibly with a smattering of the odd ice age or 2, and that these hings are natural to a planet like ours.

As Willow says perhaps we are giving ourselves more credit for something than we deserve?

And as Macky says, it is quite nippy out there today, ice age anyone?

The US data has a different mean primarily because of the data from the 30s and 20s being exaggerated compared to the rest of the world - which results in their latest figures being near the mean.

As to what you might read in the data, to me it looks like a general upward trend with a series of peaks and troughs within that. The last 2 years data look like another trough but not outside the overall trajectory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669