Global Warming.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope

As Baddiel said at that gig, us humans need a catastrophe to keep us going.

Just another excuse for those that like to tell us what's right and wrong to get back on their soap boxes.

It's bollox, it has not exactly been hot so far this summer............. :icon_roll

so we lose a bit of Norfolk, Devon and Cornwall under 50 foot of water. No big loss really

Nope

As Baddiel said at that gig, us humans need a catastrophe to keep us going.

Just another excuse for those that like to tell us what's right and wrong to get back on their soap boxes.

you want to hear what George Carlin has to say about it. along the lines of "the world has been here a much longer feckin time than we have, and its had worse to deal with"

fecking 'carbon footprint' arseholes....

It's the natural path of planet Earth

ghouse_effect.jpg

According to some scientists we are still coming out of the last ice age, so no wonder it is still getting warmer. At the end of the day these people aren't bothered about saving the earth for the earth's sake, they want to save it in a way that means we don't become extint.
But **** it, we are fighting environmental forces far greater than us. Sit back and enjoy the sun I say.

Well I'm trying to save energy in every way I can.........

The thing is it's not people in the rich countries here in Europe that will suffer from this, it's the people in Africa for example where the heat will make it impossible to live. I think it's a major problem, it's not a problem for us but we have to think about other people as well, not just ourselves.

The thing is it's not people in the rich countries here in Europe that will suffer from this, it's the people in Africa for example where the heat will make it impossible to live. I think it's a major problem, it's not a problem for us but we have to think about other people as well, not just ourselves.

But if the ice age theory is correct then it has nothing to do with our "carbon footprint", and so what we are doing will be innefective

But if the ice age theory is correct then it has nothing to do with our "carbon footprint", and so what we are doing will be innefective
I don't think the ice age theory is correct myself, so I can't answer to that. I think the problem is that we don't want to change our way of living (why would we?), so we try to avoid this problem as much as we can, but in the end we will have to pay for it. Or as an American president said a while ago: "We're not willing to compromise with our lifestyle". Sums it up pretty well. But that's
just what I think of course, there are lots of other opinions, but I think it's common among scientists that global warming actually exists.
I might ask that when I go South Africa in 2010.

Is it impossible to live in Africa?
No, but if you take the flight there you might make it unlivible. :icon_wink

Take no notice of me I was just being sarky.

African although having massive poverty and climate probelms, needs stable governments before it can act upon world issues.

I know, you always are. :icon_bigg I agree with that. Still we're living on their resources and we have caused this problem so I think it's our duty to make it okay, not their.

Last edited:
yes global warming might be a part of a natural warming cycle-but there is substantial scientific evidence that shows that what we are doing is speeding up the process and may cause damage to the long term cycle itself.

yes global warming might be a part of a natural warming cycle-but there is substantial scientific evidence that shows that what we are doing is speeding up the process and may cause damage to the long term cycle itself.

There is also scientific evidence that counters this though dd.

There's no hard evidence to show that humans have done anything to contribute to global warming and I think we're a very arrogant species if we think that we have the power to affect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669