Goalkeeping Crisis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't sound that 'dodgy'.We are A Champioinship side we aren't going to get a World Class keeper.I think Taylor is as good as we can expect to get.

I would like to see us keep Taylor on a permanent basis and move Walker on, Taylor is more than adequate for the Championship, and bearing in mind his age will only improve, in a couple of years I think we would have a keeper who could be better than Walker.

He would also fit in with CL long term plans, personally though I would not be surprised if Levein tries to sign Craig Gordan from Hearts when Walker does leave be that in January or in the summer.

Taylor was my MOTM!!! 3 quality saves and i think we will just have to accept his kicking is pants!!

Thatcher, I hate to point this to you...but he left the club in the summer and is now playing at Man City! Why not change your name to Blake lol.

I honestly think that taylor is as good if not better than walker allready and should be playing regularly for the gunners. Even the arsenal goalkeeping coach had said that.

He is massive which is obviously a big advantage for any keeper, has fantastic reactions, is very strong, very comanding and will catch most crosses into the box.

He had a fantastic game 2day, made amazing saves like he has in all the games since he joined us. PLus all keepers make some dodgey kicks now and again.

does anyone really think Taylor will become part of the furniture here, or is he just getting match experience for arsene?

I would love to see him here in the future, but i doubt arsenal will let him go and if they did i doubt we would be able to afford him.

I think we do have a goalkeeping crisis.

Taylor is massively low on confidence.
His kicking can lead to goals and though his stop stopping is good.
Pressman's shot shopping was just as good (but its agility is something to be desired)

Taylor was definitely MOTM, 3 high quality saves, especially the 2nd which was an outstanding reaction save from point blank range that had most of the Kop rising to give him a standing ovation. Yes his kicking is not always great however he is far far better than anything else on offer at present (esp Fattie Pressman) and is one for the future - unlike Walker. We should do all we can to keep him, on a permanent basis.

Hazzman said:
I think we do have a goalkeeping crisis.

Taylor is massively low on confidence.
His kicking can lead to goals and though his stop stopping is good.
Pressman's shot shopping was just as good (but its agility is something to be desired)

I doubt you watched todays match. Taylor was BRILLIANT! MOTM by a long shot. He had a few dodgy kicks but won us the match. ask anyone who witnessed it.

Without Taylor in the side we would have lost today
Two or three top saves - the point blank one in the first half was world class

Why don't you actually go and watch a game before coming out with this complete and utter shite ?

Wenger doesn't really rate him MK,Wether or not we could afford him permanently is another thing.Matt Jones and the other guy on the Radio even said how well Taylor played and kept us in the game as I said hes plenty good enough for this Standard,i'm sure he'll learn how to kick straight in time :roll:

yes taylor made some great saves - looks as good as anyone when it comes to shot stopping, save in the 1st have was truly magnificent.

BUT his kicking wasnt just poor, it was awful, were not talking bout a few dodgy kicks every now and then, everytime hes given a back pass under the slightest pressure its heart in mouth time cos u (and he) have no idea where its gonna go - deflected off a QPR player at one point and we gifted QPR lots of possession thanks to poor kicking. At some point that kicking is gonna cost us either cos hes gonna twat it straight at an opposition player or because the defenders refuse to play it back to him because they dont have enough confidence in him and get in trouble.

another thing - im stunned how bad his kicking is after however many years at arsenal, you would think it would be bread and butter stuff to train

I have to say I dont think Taylor is the answer, long term, to our keeping problems. Despite an outstanding shot stopping performance today I am far from convinced. I was delighted when he arrived as I had always rated him but he hasnt been good enough for me since arriving. His kicking is the worst I have seen from a professional goalkeeper (Including Spider Kalac) and he has come for far too many crosses he had no right to IMO.

Fine for the time being whilst Pieman is our only other viable option but not long term unless he is just rusty and starts to kick well and judge crosses better.

Incredible criticism for a man who single handedly kept us in the game yesterday, despite the shower of shite that surrounded him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566