Confirmed Transfer Harry Kane on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole experience of going to the KP is not as attractive as it was......

Hence the introduction of the wonderfully bright advertising signs to enhance the supporter matchday experience.

We've been shit for over a decade. It really is that simple.

The world at large has forgotten about us and we have a generation of young fans who have been exposed to nothing but complete and utter dogshit.

When I was a young man we went to the playoffs 4 times in 5 years, won two league cups, finished in the top ten of the prem for a good while, had a few spells in europe.

The poor bastards growing up now have absolutely nothing of note. A playoff defeat and a promotion from league one? Grim. There is a massive swath of city fans who have never seen us play in the top flight.

Last edited:
I Think Miles sums it up well.

Throughout my childhood and teens (Brian Little, Mark McGhee, Martin O'neill) i always felt that leicester were a club on the rise. It may have been youth but i always felt optimistic, and we always seemed to be involved in something good and exciting like the playoffs, cup runs, cup finals, top half of the Premiership, europe.

The last 10 years have felt like a real struggle though. Relegation fights, Relegations, League 1 for the first time in our history, Le manga, one awful manager after another, Administration, even little things like the Hasslebank affair all contribute to a feeling that the club is in a mess and everything is going wrong.

We need something to get us excited again.

We've been shit for over a decade. It really is that simple.

If it is, does that mean that fans of more successful clubs are not experiencing this sense of desillusionment that we do? And everything will be fine if we go up? Genuine question.

The reason I'm asking is that sometimes the problem is made out to be with professional football as a whole rather than isolated to our little club.

Last edited:
When I was a kid we were shit. Then we got less shit. Then we were really good but I never saw any of those games before I started getting a season ticket coincided with us becoming utter dogshit. I rarely go any more, this in itself should herald in a new age of wonder and success.

If it is, does that mean that fans of more successful clubs are not experiencing this sense of desillusionment that we do? And everything will be fine if we go up? Genuine question.

The reason I'm asking is that sometimes the problem is made out to be with professional football as a whole rather than isolated to our little club.

The game is changing, for sure...but we feel it more keenly because of our underperformance the last 10 years.

I'm not one of the "modern football is shit" people. My biggest complaint against modern football, I suppose, is the behaviour of the players. I abhor diving and think it really casts the game in a poor light, yet it seems to be the norm now. Similarly I hate that the players look like they are having absolutely no fun at all; rich for playing football and always look like they'd rather be somewhere else. Miserable bastards.

The other stuff, the neon signs, the televised games, the all-seaters, etc don't bother me as much...but that's largely in part because I live in America where all of this is the norm.

Last edited:

I think it will take more than promotion to change the attitude, it will help obviously but i think fans will need to see us be competetive in the Premier league to start to feel genuine optimism. Expectation is large part of this, there are many fans who came to love LCFC as a top half premiership team, and they thus expect us to be there again, this isn't helped by the continuous bombardment form the club of "we have premier league facilities" "we deserve to be in the premier league" etc. So rather than getting excited that we could get into the premier league, people are frustrated because they've been led to believe we should be in the premier league.

We are currently in our longest stretch outside of the top flight in our 127 year history. I don't think it's unreasonable to be a little anxious.

That is true, but if we aren't beating xyz rovers by at least 3 goals come half time morons united starting booing, & this only feeds that imbecile on the radio even more.
Maybe some short term patience, will give us long term reward, who the feck knows? I don't.

Watching City at the moment is very much like it was watching them in the late 80s. We're pretty shite and any pretense that we're not is fuss and fluff. Our attendances are drifting downwards. More widely, football is crappy. The Premier League is poor and boring, no national leagues have much going on. The absurd fuss about a past it Beckham at PSG shows just how desperately short of personality and quality we really are.

What happened when it was last this poor was Italia 90 made footy sexy again (followed later by Euro 96) and Brian Little initiated a fantastic decade of thrills and excitement for us.

The day O'Neill left our inevitable decline began. But more generally, the game has been deteriorating for some years despite the media/clubs razzmatazz that vainly attempts to pretend otherwise. There are very few good players, good managers or good games out there at the moment.

It will change again at some point. Maybe a World Cup in Brazil will get people excited. Maybe we'll find a manager that inspires us again. That could be a while yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566